Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi All,

For those of you who have your Bronco stuck in production or have had it stuck in production, do you have concerns as to build quality? I am seeing Broncos delivered with build weeks after mine and wonder if this could be a sign of issues to come. I am not sure what the holds for these vehicles are, but I was wondering if it might make sense to order a new one in hopes of there being no quality issues. Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated. Have a great one!
Sponsored

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not certain when yours was, mine was slated for the 4/8 week. It got to a complete point on 4/12 and stuck presumably on QA hold. I was very active combing dealers in Oregon Washington and Idaho looking for shipping clues. Once others from my build week started showing up at dealers I made a different deal.

Fortunately plenty of others have rolled out with nearly exact same specs I ordered so I made a better deal and picked up one from a dealer near Boise last Friday. Saved a few $K in the process. My original order still sits awaiting shipping.

Odds are you can find one really close to the specs you ordered now if you look around.

Good luck!

OP
OP

infinposib

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not certain when yours was, mine was slated for the 4/8 week. It got to a complete point on 4/12 and stuck presumably on QA hold. I was very active combing dealers in Oregon Washington and Idaho looking for shipping clues. Once others from my build week started showing up at dealers I made a different deal.

Fortunately plenty of others have rolled out with nearly exact same specs I ordered so I made a better deal and picked up one from a dealer near Boise last Friday. Saved a few $K in the process. My original order still sits awaiting shipping.

Odds are you can find one really close to the specs you ordered now if you look around.

Good luck!
That makes sense. I am going to start looking around and seeing if there are options out there. Mine has been in production since 3/27 with no changes since then. I am happy to wait, as others waited years for theirs, I just don’t want the hold to be an indicator of a quality issue down the road. Happy trails with your Bronco!

Agua Caliente

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
. . Mine has been in production since 3/27 with no changes since then. I am happy to wait, as others waited years for theirs, I just don’t want the hold to be an indicator of a quality issue down the road . .
Hasn't been too long yet. Maybe stay with it a while
The "In Production" status starts about a week or so before the Blend date on your window sticker. And your actual Blend date is usually a day or two later. So it's been about a month. Not too long. Back in '21 and '22 lots of people were "In Production" 9-months or more

What's the Blend date on your window sticker ?

And sometimes Ford's notifications go dead. After the production notice some people don't get any further emails. It just arrives at the dealer

OP
OP

infinposib

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hasn't been too long yet. Maybe stay with it a while
The "In Production" status starts about a week or so before the Blend date on your window sticker. And your actual Blend date is usually a day or two later. So it's been about a month. Not too long. Back in '21 and '22 lots of people were "In Production" 9-months or more

What's the Blend date on your window sticker ?

And sometimes Ford's notifications go dead. After the production notice some people don't get any further emails. It just arrives at the dealer
Hi! Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate the feedback. The blend date is 3/26/24 showing in production since 3/27/24. What is hard to make sense of is that there have been Broncos with later blend dates already delivered. I ordered 2 door Black Diamond, SAS, 2.7 with a hard top in Azure. I am not aware of any constraints. Thanks again for taking the time. I hope you have a great evening.

Sponsored

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sometimes they get held up getting on the rail car. I would ask the dealer to look up your vehicle in vinview. Like others said it could be on the way or it could be stuck in a lot. I always envision this lot with a car in the back row and they keep parking cars in front of the back row and need to move that front row before getting that back row out. No confirmation on that just a theory. My Expedition arrived 4 months after build date and has had no problems. 30k miles in, nearly 3 years now.

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,

For those of you who have your Bronco stuck in production or have had it stuck in production, do you have concerns as to build quality? I am seeing Broncos delivered with build weeks after mine and wonder if this could be a sign of issues to come. I am not sure what the holds for these vehicles are, but I was wondering if it might make sense to order a new one in hopes of there being no quality issues. Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated. Have a great one!
That happened to my ‘23 BADLANDS. 12 weeks after “scheduled “ production date, no word from FoMoCo. My sales guy helped me learn that my BL was stashed in a lot in Dearborn. I called the “customer” service line with order # and VIN. virtually useless. Told me it would not be released until it was “perfect,” and quality was job ONE at FoMoCo. BS!! Don’t know if it was a coincidence, but it was released the very next day…

Marsox

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic,
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yeah mines been in production since 2/19 with. No updates, and no information besides the dealer saying it’s in QA Hold.

OP
OP

infinposib

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sometimes they get held up getting on the rail car. I would ask the dealer to look up your vehicle in vinview. Like others said it could be on the way or it could be stuck in a lot. I always envision this lot with a car in the back row and they keep parking cars in front of the back row and need to move that front row before getting that back row out. No confirmation on that just a theory. My Expedition arrived 4 months after build date and has had no problems. 30k miles in, nearly 3 years now.
Thank you for the feedback. I always appreciate hearing different perspectives and experiences. I am glad to read you had no issues with your vehicle. I imagine it makes the wait worth it. Have a great one!

OP
OP

infinposib

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That happened to my ‘23 BADLANDS. 12 weeks after “scheduled “ production date, no word from FoMoCo. My sales guy helped me learn that my BL was stashed in a lot in Dearborn. I called the “customer” service line with order # and VIN. virtually useless. Told me it would not be released until it was “perfect,” and quality was job ONE at FoMoCo. BS!! Don’t know if it was a coincidence, but it was released the very next day…
That is a coincidence if I ever heard one, but am glad to read you got yours. I imagine the wait was worth it. Congrats on your Bronco, I hope you have had a bunch of adventures in it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

infinposib

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah mines been in production since 2/19 with. No updates, and no information besides the dealer saying it’s in QA Hold.
I am so sorry to read that. It’s hard to make sense of it when you see others being delivered with blend dates in April. I am happy for them, just wish we could get a firm date with answers that speak to the delay. There seem to be more and more being delivered to dealers each day. I hope if yours doesn’t come soon you will come across one that is exactly what you wanted. All the best!

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah this part sucks. I guess it’s better to know the car is being inspected thoroughly before releasing, but also makes you question what condition the vehicle is in when it comes off the assembly line in general that would warrant a months-long QC process after the fact. I mean, it takes a day or two to assemble it, but several weeks or months to get it right after that? Perhaps Ford should maybe invest a little of their $275B into enhancing this part of their process to improve efficiency of delivery.
My Bronco, is the only car I actually “want”. I have a plan b if it falls thru and I just can’t wait any longer for the car, but damn if I don’t want to do that. I. Want. My. Bronco!!

OP
OP

infinposib

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah this part sucks. I guess it’s better to know the car is being inspected thoroughly before releasing, but also makes you question what condition the vehicle is in when it comes off the assembly line in general that would warrant a months-long QC process after the fact. I mean, it takes a day or two to assemble it, but several weeks or months to get it right after that? Perhaps Ford should maybe invest a little of their $275B into enhancing this part of their process to improve efficiency of delivery.
My Bronco, is the only car I actually “want”. I have a plan b if it falls thru and I just can’t wait any longer for the car, but damn if I don’t want to do that. I. Want. My. Bronco!!
I agree 100%. I called into Ford Marketing this past week and there continue to be no updates. The strange thing though is that I see my vehicle for sale on various websites, some showing it with 5 miles on it. I am wondering if it’s parked somewhere waiting for a part. I even considered placing a new order but in doing so the price has gone up by a few thousand for the same build. You sum it up perfectly: I. Want. My. Bronco. Best of luck to you, I hope you get yours soon.

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealer can see mine via the diagnostics being "live" and it shows 1.8 miles on it. He said that tells him it's not parked somewhere offsite waiting on a part. I don't think your 5 miles suggests that is the case too. Think you're in line with the rest of us for the QC process to conclude. Whatever it is, I wish they would hurry up, but not too hurried up to overlook the fact that the engine was installed upside down and the steering wheel is in the back seat!

mrhooie

Heritage
First Name
Hughie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm in the same boat. Dealer can't get any information other than in QA hold. Production 02/26

I've started to see some on the forum released from the same week as mine. I sit here waiting since October 2022 -original Heritage order

and edited to answer OP

I'm not worried about build quality
Sponsored