First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the time I got my Bronco there were limited options for relocation...and given the CA likelihood of potentially having to go through repeated fix it tickets (they have been known to ticket even parked vehicles) I begrudgingly opted to have the dealer install the dreaded bracket (yes I know that was not the best idea). Unfortunately, the installer missed the "find the obvious dimples on the fascia with reinforced areas behind them" lesson and drilled off to the sides of those dimples (into the thinner section of the fascia).

Now that an option exists (the Valkyrie setup) that doesn't relocate the plate partially over the fog light pocket, or completely vertically low on the skid plate, I went with it. The Valkyrie bracket angles the plate slightly, and raises it level with the bottom of the intercooler vent, and if you use antitheft license plate bolts it would be tough for anyone to be able to steal the plate or the bracket.

On to my point...if you want to address the unsightly holes left behind the factory plate bracket, you can use expoxy that sticks to the particular plastic the fascia is constructed from. I used a blade to trim down the lip that was left behind by the installer who cranked on the screws, then used painter's tape around the holes, then mixed up the epoxy and waited until it started to set up so that it was easier to direct into the holes. I used a Q-tip (with the cotton end broken off) to dab the epoxy into the holes and left a slight bulge. After the expoxy set up a little more, I was able to remove the tape and push the bulges into the holes until the surface of the epoxy was level with the fascia. Yes, I realize I could have simply bought plastic plugs and just pushed them into the holes, but I sought something more permanent. I ordered some tough-up paint, and as soon as that arrives I will match the epoxy to the fascia. Certainly not show-quality, but better than it was.

Ford Bronco Stupid Front License Plate Bracket Delete 20220301_211713
Ford Bronco Stupid Front License Plate Bracket Delete 20220301_211743
Ford Bronco Stupid Front License Plate Bracket Delete 20220301_211736
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice work! And nice to see that the dimples are just loose suggestions for the installers. *shakes head*

Once you add some touch up paint, that'll blend in nicely!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The plate bracket location is painful enough let alone completely missing the intended hole locations...wow. Nice fix, much better that plastic plugs IMO.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait did you’re dealer completely miss the drill points too???

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m in CA too and I was worried about this but honestly the cops are always too busy checking the Bronco out to even notice the missing plate. Not joking.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in CA too and I was worried about this but honestly the cops are always too busy checking the Bronco out to even notice the missing plate. Not joking.
Same for the most part...but incoming reports of parked front plate-less cars getting ticketed a lot in LA/San Fran. I don't go to either place all that much...I guess I just needed a good excuse to get more Bronco stuff!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And here is the Valkyrie setup...
Ford Bronco Stupid Front License Plate Bracket Delete 20220302_120953
Ford Bronco Stupid Front License Plate Bracket Delete 20220302_114800

20220302_114742.jpg

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mounting it requires a bit of finagling...I used a T40 bit and a 8mm wrench.
Ford Bronco Stupid Front License Plate Bracket Delete 20220302_120948
Sponsored