Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello everyone,

I have a 2023 Black Diamond with the base stereo. I am looing at either adding a JL Stealthbox or sub on the tailgate as well as an amp that will power the 6 other speakers. I have gotten a couple quote from around town to price things out. I will end up doing the work myself ( I think, its been 10 years since the last one I did) but have a couple questions.

• Would the PAC LPA-E.4 LocoPro Advanced from Crutchfield worth it or should I look at another brand?
  • What 5 channel amp is currently recommended? I am currently looking at the Alpine S2-A55V or a Kicker
  • I am also upgrading the current roll bar pods to the SSV pods.
  • Looking at either the KS series kicker or Focal ACX 100 (4") and then Focal RCX-165 (6 1/2).
I will update the build progress on here as well as the Instagram once I get everything ordered.
Sponsored

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone,

I have a 2023 Black Diamond with the base stereo. I am looing at either adding a JL Stealthbox or sub on the tailgate as well as an amp that will power the 6 other speakers. I have gotten a couple quote from around town to price things out. I will end up doing the work myself ( I think, its been 10 years since the last one I did) but have a couple questions.

• Would the PAC LPA-E.4 LocoPro Advanced from Crutchfield worth it or should I look at another brand?
  • What 5 channel amp is currently recommended? I am currently looking at the Alpine S2-A55V or a Kicker
  • Looking at either the KS series kicker or Focal ACX 100 (4") and then Focal RCX-165 (6 1/2).
I will update the build progress on here as well as the Instagram once I get everything ordered.
Hi!

I have the PAC LPA-E on my Bronco with the 6 speaker. I added a dual 8in Sub box from JL Audio and JL C3 on the kick panel. On the dash and rear pods I used 4in Memphis audio coaxial as I did not used the tweeter for the C3's. Didn't sounded right. For amplification, a JL Audio XD 700-5 pushing everything.

I have no regrets, but I paid a shop to do it as I have not done systems in a long time (20 yrs).
Issue #1: No fader
Issue #2: Chimes are louder, but I got use to it.

I am happy with the system, and my music library consist of almost everything. Clean, crisp and with enough bass for me. Didn't loose a lot of cargo space. I wanted the stealth box, but at that premium, you can do better speakers and amplification. DSP is recommended, but I really don't see (hear) its value on a soft top. The shop that installed the system specializes in boats and UTV's, so when my top is down, my music sounds also good.

In the future, I might upgrade to the SSV pods with C2's or C3's.

OP
OP
23_Yeti_Bronco
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi!

I have the PAC LPA-E on my Bronco with the 6 speaker. I added a dual 8in Sub box from JL Audio and JL C3 on the kick panel. On the dash and rear pods I used 4in Memphis audio coaxial as I did not used the tweeter for the C3's. Didn't sounded right. For amplification, a JL Audio XD 700-5 pushing everything.

I have no regrets, but I paid a shop to do it as I have not done systems in a long time (20 yrs).

I am happy with the system, and my music library consist of almost everything. Clean, crisp and with enough bass for me. Didn't loose a lot of cargo space. I wanted the stealth box, but at that premium, you can do better speakers and amplification. DSP is recommended, but I really don't see (hear) its value on a soft top. The shop that installed the system specializes in boats and UTV's, so when my top is down, my music sounds also good.

Awesome! Thank you for the information.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi!

My chimes were louder too after a speaker upgrade. I disabled the ones for the seatbelt not fastened alert with Forescan the other day and am happier now...

Ender

Heritage
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage REB
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Does anyone know if the 4 front speakers are wired in series or parallel? I'm trying to calculate the OHMs.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a Helix V eight. No adaptors or load resistors needed. Just the T harness from PAC power, input and new speaker wires. Built in DSP makes all the difference. It’s not auto and has a bit of learning curve. Runs all speakers plus my sub. Running kick panels from 70-200 only really helps the front stage and blends the sub in well. Keep the rear pods turned down low as well.

Switchworks_Kyle

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone,

Hi Brent,

You can DM me for a discount code to our site for the Rear pods. We are also working on a rear sub box that will be released beginning of June so keep an eye out for a post we will put up on the forum.

Thanks!
Sponsored