First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WILDTRAK, 2019 Expedition MAX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone that is running the plug n play harness and a SUB amp- where did you hook the remote turn on lead to from that Sub amp?
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most newer amps I have seen do not need a turn on wire. They have signal sense auto turn on. My Kicker Key and Alpine are both signal turn on.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after running the remote wire, the amp turns on but no bass is coming through the sub. Would there be any obvious thing missing that would be causing this?

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it possible to hook the remote wire to an aux switch? I have an extra slot I'm not using and am pretty sure it will work but asking smarter people on here.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is it possible to hook the remote wire to an aux switch? I have an extra slot I'm not using and am pretty sure it will work but asking smarter people on here.
Sure it will work. You may be better served just using an Add-A-Tap fuse from a ACC-powered slot under the steering wheel (see post #3) rather than burning a AUX switch, but if you want the ability to easily turn the sub on and off it'll work just fine.

Post #2 is correct here - most amps have line signal detection and will turn themselves on once they detect that there is a music signal present - your best bet is to see if your amp supports that and enable it - then no wire needed at all. Usually it's just a dip switch setting or using a specific set of inputs.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure it will work. You may be better served just using an Add-A-Tap fuse from a ACC-powered slot under the steering wheel (see post #3) rather than burning a AUX switch, but if you want the ability to easily turn the sub on and off it'll work just fine.

Post #2 is correct here - most amps have line signal detection and will turn themselves on once they detect that there is a music signal present - your best bet is to see if your amp supports that and enable it - then no wire needed at all. Usually it's just a dip switch setting or using a specific set of inputs.
I am using the key 500.1 so I am sure it will have the auto on feature. I will test for sure, this was just a backup option. I appreciate the information!

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are correct! Use it.
Sponsored