First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all- Living at the beach with the back open quite often even in rain may have killed my subwoofer or the amp running it. A really good rain hit us the other day for a few hours and today there is no bass at all on the B&O system. Anyone know if there is a fuse to look at or perhaps I need to upgrade to marine grade JBL components ;). Might be a sign. Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The left/right dash speakers, kick panel speakers, and subwoofer speaker is all powered by the same Digital Signal Processor in the back of the Bronco. So if the speakers themselves still work, then there isn't really a fuse for you to check and you (probably) blew the subwoofer itself.

If on the off-chance you blew the amplifier within the DSP and not the subwoofer... then you'll have to replace the entire DSP.

The DSP itself is located right next to the subwoofer beyond that gigantic plastic trim panel. I got a video on how to get back there if you want to give it a shot (you only need the first 20 minutes of the video or so). But in this case it may make sense to just take it to the dealer for warranty service.

OP
OP

StPeteBronco

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The left/right dash speakers, kick panel speakers, and subwoofer speaker is all powered by the same Digital Signal Processor in the back of the Bronco. So if the speakers themselves still work, then there isn't really a fuse for you to check and you (probably) blew the subwoofer itself.

If on the off-chance you blew the amplifier within the DSP and not the subwoofer... then you'll have to replace the entire DSP.

The DSP itself is located right next to the subwoofer beyond that gigantic plastic trim panel. I got a video on how to get back there if you want to give it a shot (you only need the first 20 minutes of the video or so). But in this case it may make sense to just take it to the dealer for warranty service.
Thanks Bryan!!!!!
Sponsored