Sponsored

Surface Rust Found on Frame (Front Jack Points)

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I found similar spots on my brand new bronco I picked on 7/21/22. It looks like it was put on a lift before the frame coating/paint had time to properly cure.

Ford Bronco Surface Rust Found on Frame (Front Jack Points) DSC_1175.JPG

Ford Bronco Surface Rust Found on Frame (Front Jack Points) DSC_1174.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh boy here come the "it's a truck, it's supposed to be riddled with rust holes in 6 months flat" replies again

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here are some shots of my RS, including subframe components with similar amounts of rust proofing after 5 years now ā€” I expect rust on the exhaust and driveshafts after no time at all, but havenā€™t owned a body-on-frame truck until now. Iā€™d rather take the time and sand/prep these spots instead of waiting to find more rust later on.

Oh my god, just look at that driveshaft if you don't do something soon it's going to rust in half and leave you on the side of the road.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh my god, just look at that driveshaft if you don't do something soon it's going to rust in half and leave you on the side of the road.
Happy production day! Hope you get your new truck soon without any factory installed frame rust!

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been under my 2017 vehicle dozens of times, and it has virtually no rust ā€” if I lived somewhere with road salt, maybe. In a place that barely gets rain? Unexpected in three weeks and 600 miles.
How long was it sitting in Michigan? lol

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

y'all must be bored updating those order trackers if you're this insistent on reviving an 8 month old thread šŸ˜…

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long was it sitting in Michigan? lol
It's an RS so probably longer than my Bronco while they scratched their heads about head gaskets, timing chain covers, and PTU brackets

Montaracactusgrey

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands and Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picking up some POR-15 soon. Will sand away as much rust as I can see, degrease, and treat both sides sometime next week. Just annoyed it seems like these were caused by a two post lift.
Por 15 is the best for sure, the only downside is that it is a tedious multi step process. I am in NorCal too and am frustrated by all the rust on the frame as well - no matter what others say, Ford should have painted the frame thicker and more thoroughly. Let me know how long it takes you to do. Do you have a lift or access to one? Or are you going to do it on the ground?

Damn - just saw the post date - Did you already Por 15 it?

Enjoy

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Omg,Surface rust? Seriously,I am ocd but this takes the cake. I will spend my free time enjoying driving my vehicles and not worrying about some under carriage surface rust. Wow

Sponsored

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Been under my 2017 vehicle dozens of times, and it has virtually no rust ā€” if I lived somewhere with road salt, maybe. In a place that barely gets rain? Unexpected in three weeks and 600 miles.
I'll buy it, how much of a discount for the rotting frame? LOL

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Omg,Surface rust? Seriously,I am ocd but this takes the cake. I will spend my free time enjoying driving my vehicles and not worrying about some under carriage surface rust. Wow
yā€™all love reviving old ass threads, complaining about things that arenā€™t even problems anymore šŸ˜‚ what does your reply accomplish, other than being hostile?

I'll buy it, how much of a discount for the rotting frame? LOL
$500k itā€™s a 2021 with the temp readout knobs, no lowballs I know what I got

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this bothers you then you are not going to enjoy your bronco.
Yep, FORD= Full of Oxidation Rust & Dents. Just wait until the drive shafts completely rust over in no time at all..

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yā€™all love reviving old ass threads, complaining about things that arenā€™t even problems anymore šŸ˜‚ what does your reply accomplish, other than being hostile?

$500k itā€™s a 2021 with the temp readout knobs, no lowballs I know what I got
Those temp readout knobs really got people fired up. lol

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For people that use cars like handkerchiefs this might be OK. But this guy, like me don't like to spend upwards of 40-50k on a car and get rust the 2nd day. Surface rust is OK until it becomes just a rotted hole.
No it's not OK to be on a brand-new car and on a frame at that. Unfortunately, people care more about 11 inch displays than what's more important. And Ford are cheapasses and rather charge you tons of money for that crap and developing that crap, instead of actually developing and actually protecting the frame and body from rust. But as you can gather from this treat, people are OK with it. No one cares.

I was completely aware of this when I ordered mine. And since I will use this in the salt belt I will try to do everything possible to protect it, but it does suck that I have to do it.
Sponsored