Sponsored

Surprise build change! (tow package removed)

shadocontrol

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'55 Chevy 3800 Panel Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer called 3/3/22 to advise me of my 4/25/2022 production week. I finally received the confirmation build sheet this week and the tow package was removed!!! I didn't request it to be removed. Sales rep checked and couldn't find how it was changed and advised Ford stated it's too late to change the order back. I do have the signed order showing the tow package listed.

Anyone else experiencing surprise build changes?
Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer called 3/3/22 to advise me of my 4/25/2022 production week. I finally received the confirmation build sheet this week and the tow package was removed!!! I didn't request it to be removed. Sales rep checked and couldn't find how it was changed and advised Ford stated it's too late to change the order back. I do have the signed order showing the tow package listed.

Anyone else experiencing surprise build changes?
Dealer probably removed it to get it built. You can aftermarket it now with a little work and save some coin. Just be grateful your getting it soon.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Options like tow are easily added through after market . I originally optioned tow, but soon realized I was never going to tow anything. I simply needed the receiver to hold cargo extenders and bike racks. Dropped tow, and my BL two door was scheduled a few weeks later. My BL is now sitting in my garage with the Curt receiver bolted on. It cost $120 with tax and shipping, and took ten minutes to install. IMO, someone has done you a solid.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a similar experience, when I added my HOSS 3.0 to my build, the new print out didn't show the tow package I had originally ordered. Contacted the dealer and had it added back, "no idea how that happened" was the response.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are folks here that are working on a seven pin, and at some point there will be aftermarket. There is one outfit that sells a brake controller that runs off your 4 pin And actually attaches to the trailer tongue instead.

I know it's disappointing, because the factory tow comes with some extra features as well. But in the end, you should be able to get pretty close.

If it really bothers you, unless you had some special deal, you can walk or flip and get back in line.

Heck, maybe you can get the dealer to pay at least for the labor to install the seven pin wiring.
Sponsored