Sponsored

Switching Dealers with new allocation model???

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve heard reports that folks were told they can’t transfer by Ford Customer Service today. It would be good to consolidate reports - successful or not - onto this thread. There are a lot of questions about this, starting obviously with whether it can be done. But do we transfer before or after updating to a MY22? What’s the window to complete? I assume we need to get a written agreement prior from the new dealer, but will price protection transfer?
I had a reservation only (havent converted to an order) and I switched dealers yesterday super easily by calling ford. It took 2 minutes. Not sure if this changes if you've already placed an order, though.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorta contradicts Mike Levine’s suggestion we transfer our orders, huh? I’m not on Twitter or FB, but maybe someone can ask him to clarify his statement, or update CS on the new policy.
I'm sure he tweeted that out with a smug look on his face as if it was the golden answer. For being the Director of North American Product Communications, he is quite terrible at it.

It only took a few days to find out most dealers:
1. Will not release data on how many reservations they have or where you'd fall in line in them.
2. Don't want early reservations to transfer to their dealer because it hurts the customers they do have who already know where they stand.