Sponsored

Switching Dealers with new allocation model???

Thoroughbred

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Cummins 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone switching dealers under the new allocation model from a small to a big store? What stores will have enough allocation? Will they agree to invoice or at least discounted pricing?

Are there any big dealers that want to step up and offer a place where we can switch and will be taken care of? No addendums, no selling outside reservations?

Thanks!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can switch from a smaller dealer to a larger dealer. The larger dealer will definitely have more allocation.

But the problem with that tactic is the larger dealer will also likely have more Bronco orders. So did you really help yourself by switching dealers? Hard to say… maybe… maybe not.

But anyway… here is the unicorn dealer you need to find:
  • Has a TON of overall sales
  • Has a ton of Bronco Sport sales
  • Has a relatively small number of Bronco orders
I personally am not switching dealers, my dealer focuses largely on fleet & small business sales. They sell truckloads of F-series and Transit vans. They did get quite a few Bronco orders as well, but my hope (and their hope after talking to them) is their focus on business sales will help them with their allocation numbers compared to other dealers.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve heard reports that folks were told they can’t transfer by Ford Customer Service today. It would be good to consolidate reports - successful or not - onto this thread. There are a lot of questions about this, starting obviously with whether it can be done. But do we transfer before or after updating to a MY22? What’s the window to complete? I assume we need to get a written agreement prior from the new dealer, but will price protection transfer?

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can switch from a smaller dealer to a larger dealer. The larger dealer will definitely have more allocation.

But the problem with that tactic is the larger dealer will also likely have more Bronco orders. So did you really help yourself by switching dealers? Hard to say… maybe… maybe not.

But anyway… here is the unicorn dealer you need to find:
  • Has a TON of overall sales
  • Has a ton of Bronco Sport sales
  • Has a relatively small number of Bronco orders
I personally am not switching dealers, my dealer focuses largely on fleet & small business sales. They sell truckloads of F-series and Transit vans. They did get quite a few Bronco orders as well, but my hope (and their hope after talking to them) is their focus on business sales will help them with their allocation numbers compared to other dealers.
Not really a unicorn...that's my store in a nutshell. I didn't allow reservation transfers unless it was done without me knowing. I knew I had enough orders from my own customer database to well exceed allocation. Allowing outsiders in would have been a disservice to my own customers. Not all dealers are the same...at least IMO.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there anyway to tell how many units my dealer was allocated in 2021 and what their 2022 allocation is?

My sales guy claims he isn’t aware. Think the general manager will spill the beans?

Sponsored

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve heard reports that folks were told they can’t transfer by Ford Customer Service today. It would be good to consolidate reports - successful or not - onto this thread. There are a lot of questions about this, starting obviously with whether it can be done. But do we transfer before or after updating to a MY22? What’s the window to complete? I assume we need to get a written agreement prior from the new dealer, but will price protection transfer?
Was told by customer service today (after 3 hours of hold time) that I could not transfer my order to a different dealer. Others who have also reached customer service have been told the same.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there anyway to tell how many units my dealer was allocated in 2021 and what their 2022 allocation is?

My sales guy claims he isn’t aware. Think the general manager will spill the beans?
Reading the posts from the few dealers on here they haven’t been given hard numbers, though some reps have given them approximations

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was told by customer service today (after 3 hours of hold time) that I could not transfer my order to a different dealer. Others who have also reached customer service have been told the same.
Sorta contradicts Mike Levine’s suggestion we transfer our orders, huh? I’m not on Twitter or FB, but maybe someone can ask him to clarify his statement, or update CS on the new policy.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorta contradicts Mike Levine’s suggestion we transfer our orders, huh? I’m not on Twitter or FB, but maybe someone can ask him to clarify his statement, or update CS on the new policy.
Yes, does seem to contradict. I don’t have Twitter but messaged him on IG. No response.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the Bronco Nation live bs show, they said you can move it for my22.

Sponsored

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard that too. They didn’t clarify in very explicit terms whether they were referring to a reservation or a reservation that has already been converted to a MY 21 order.

If the latter, that would be great. But the team of customer service representatives they direct you to to get that transfer done will need to be informed as they are currently communicating they have no ability to make those transfers nor have they received communication that it should even be possible.

I’d love to hear it if someone has success getting their converted reservation transferred. Otherwise it’s hard to justify spending another 3 hours on hold to receive the same message.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I watched the same live show - they did NOT explicitly say anyone can transfer at all. They said if you are not satisfied contact support. They answered the question with a runaround and never mentioned transferring. Just re-watched that part.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your dealer should be able to do the math? They should know their allocation of Broncos based on sales, etc., know the reservations at their dealership, the dates of them and be able to tell you where you stand in line for a 2022, 2023 or a 2024?

If you were able to change dealerships and you let's say were a very early reservation- would that allow you to jump in front of someone else already at that dealership? It seems logical that you would not be allowed to change dealership based on this?

It still seems a crazy mess and it's a crap shoot if you do re-order again when you will get it model year 2022- 2024.

I'm not re-ordering but sure am curious how this is all going to play out.......

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched the same live show - they did NOT explicitly say anyone can transfer at all. They said if you are not satisfied contact support. They answered the question with a runaround and never mentioned transferring. Just re-watched that part.
I must of been reading the nasty comments during that part and just heard dealer transfer. Lol allocation doesn't matter to me commodities do, I'm a 7/13 no vin
Sponsored