PDrag

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I currently have a WT order and wanted to see if switching to an Outer Banks trim could push me into production. I would keep Sas, 2.7L, Lux Package for the Outer Banks, so it would be as close to my current WT order as possible. I've seen a possible WT hold may exist so I was hoping to get around that.

Reservation date is 2/21.
Sponsored

Dzlbudman

Outer Banks
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just switched from a Badlands to Outerbanks. I have your same thought. Hopefully it will speed the process up. Dealer implied it won’t. Still waiting on my Day One Reservation order………

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was bouncing between a loaded WT and loaded sas OBX. I preferred the OBX, but also figured it couldnt hurt on getting it sooner too. I had a Day 1 res (and a MIC top). For what it's worth, I received my bronco in late October, and when looking around this forum, that seemed fairly early particularly for the MIC top, and there were very very few guys posting about taking delivery of a WT around the time I got mine. Also, IMO, with the 2022s, the loss of painted mirrors and handles on the WT is a no contest to go OBX sas....again IMO....

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just switched yesterday, but not to speed it up, just to get the roast interior. I can't see if they are configured the same how it would speed it up, but who knows.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PDrag

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was bouncing between a loaded WT and loaded sas OBX. I preferred the OBX, but also figured it couldnt hurt on getting it sooner too. I had a Day 1 res (and a MIC top). For what it's worth, I received my bronco in late October, and when looking around this forum, that seemed fairly early particularly for the MIC top, and there were very very few guys posting about taking delivery of a WT around the time I got mine. Also, IMO, with the 2022s, the loss of painted mirrors and handles on the WT is a no contest to go OBX sas....again IMO....
Yeah, those were my thoughts. Not sure if it's selection bias, but I'm get the impression non-WT trims are getting built a bit quicker.

I also know its kind of a lottery at this point of getting your order pulled for production so who really knows.

OP
OP

PDrag

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just switched yesterday, but not to speed it up, just to get the roast interior. I can't see if they are configured the same how it would speed it up, but who knows.
Right, but a loaded WT is still slightly different than a loaded OBX and I'm not sure if those differences can cause a delay. Switching might not make any difference to be honest.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sasquatch and Lux are on the current constraint list. Not as low percentage getting built as Wildtraks. But it may not speed it up as much as you hope.

Stick to your guns and get what you really want.

Ford Bronco Switching to Outer Banks C0C83808-FD34-461F-AA9A-D93F6CA24559
How old is that constraint list? In a recent Bronco Nation video, the Ford rep (Esteban) said that MIC and tow package and PPF were the big constraints. Also, tow (and I believe PPF) are not vendor constraints---they bottleneck the assembly plant. So they are deprioritizing those orders to keep their production numbers higher.

Duke.Roughneck

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bi reason I made the same switch. I have a ton of constraints but got pulled for production 1/3. Of course now I'm sitting in purgatory for some unknown reason...

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are still retaining some blockers, plus with the chip shortage pushing back current build dates I'd be worried you might only get pushed back further. Not sure I'd mess with a date that's only a few weeks out. I mean, you could put in a separate order and see, but I wouldn't mess with the existing one.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, I am sticking to WT because I like the interior and exterior trim. I may wrap the mirrors in gloss black to match the wheels, like they did in the '21 MY.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How old is that constraint list? In a recent Bronco Nation video, the Ford rep (Esteban) said that MIC and tow package and PPF were the big constraints. Also, tow (and I believe PPF) are not vendor constraints---they bottleneck the assembly plant. So they are deprioritizing those orders to keep their production numbers higher.
Was just posted the other day by Tom at Chapman Ford.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get the trim and truck you want. It's an expensive vehicle and the last thing you want is to look back and say "dang, I wish I hadn't settled".

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bi reason I made the same switch. I have a ton of constraints but got pulled for production 1/3. Of course now I'm sitting in purgatory for some unknown reason...
You have the exact build I have, basically a WT with the roast interior. Please post up pics when you do eventually get it. My gut is that its going be gorgeous with EG and Roast interior and looking tough on 35s. I'm also going to paint the beadlock rings a bronze color. Man I can't wait to get this thing.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I switched to a loaded SAS OBX from WT as well, but not for build time. It was when I realized for the same money, I would have the WT I wanted except for Baja mode, which I could add using FORSCAN, plus painted mirrors and handles, side step (short wife), the front grill I liked better, and the cloth roast interior that I love (live in 115 degrees so no MGV or leather for me). I did lose a sticker though 😂
Sponsored