Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
My wife’s Bronco got the Sync upgrade the other day. It updated us to 3.5.3 and Sync 610. So far we have both witnessed several new bugs. Wondering if anyone else can confirm any of them. Feel free to add more to this thread - though Ford doesn’t appear to be interested in even taking a bug report from customers.

1. Navigation won’t remember the map orientation. We both use 2D but every time we restart the Bronco now it resets to 3D
  2. When CarPlay Maps is on a route, speed limit stops appearing on instrument cluster. When not on a route, it appears. It used to display it in both cases before the update.
  3. When CarPlay is connected, particularly on a route or if I use CarPlay before I use the radio, the left/right steering wheel controls don’t change radio station; requires soft reset of Sync to correct and then it will cycle through my presets. This seems to happen sporadically- it will just flash the current station and never advance.
  4. CarPlay is now jerky and lagged / choppy, it was smooth on the old software. This is the case even if we don’t use full screen.
  5. Attempting to reset Navigation under “privacy” generates error “Unable to reset… please try again”

So far I’ve tried a master reset and a soft reset. I’m not convinced pulling the battery would do anything. Thinking having the dealer reflash it might possibly help - especially if there’s a newer sync software (I have 610).
Sponsored

Krazed

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An e-bike
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My FM radio stopped showing station and song names too.

OP
OP
Stick in the Mud

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
By “Navigation” do you mean the built-in Navigation or are you referring to Sync’s navigation via Apple Maps?
As the map orientation and resetting goes, talking about Sync built in navigation.

tblock

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine drops car play constantly .... Maps won't work full screen

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The missing speed limit is annoying. One of my favorite things on the instrument cluster. Hopefully Ford will fix this in a future release.

Smiffer

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s a new one I haven’t seen listed yet. Since my update my arrival time is now all over the place. It’s a 25 minute drive from my house to the office. The time now shows several hours and minutes. As I complete the drive it’ll slowly become more and more accurate. When I’m a block from the office it’ll still show an arrival time that is 5-10 minutes out. Noticed this both on the way to work and going home.
Ford Bronco Sync Bugs Post-PowerUp 3.5.3 IMG_6481

Jd1539

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2Dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s a new one I haven’t seen listed yet. Since my update my arrival time is now all over the place. It’s a 25 minute drive from my house to the office. The time now shows several hours and minutes. As I complete the drive it’ll slowly become more and more accurate. When I’m a block from the office it’ll still show an arrival time that is 5-10 minutes out. Noticed this both on the way to work and going home.
Ford Bronco Sync Bugs Post-PowerUp 3.5.3 IMG_6481
Having the exact same issue, super frustrating. Also found that when I ask Alexa, it only shows on half the screen. It's almost like the UI thinks it's an 8inch screen not the 12inch.