Sponsored

Taking off doors without storage bags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So we didn't realize the storage bags featured in the door removal videos are a separate purchase, but are they really necessary if you have a space on the garage floor with a moving blanket? Just want to take them off for a few days, and curious if you really should use the bags. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They are unnecessary if you put them up somewhere. The are really nice to have if you want to travel with the doors inside the Bronco, as the strap system that comes with the door bags works really well

615_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D BL, SAS, MT, & 2015 F-350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we didn't realize the storage bags featured in the door removal videos are a separate purchase, but are they really necessary if you have a space on the garage floor with a moving blanket? Just want to take them off for a few days, and curious if you really should use the bags. What do you guys think?
Youā€™ll be fine, enjoy it!

Andrew72

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Silverado, 2022 corsair.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just lay them down on a blanket (I've only had the fronts off though).
I saw someone who took a pool noodle, cut and slit it to pop on the bottom of the doors so you can store them vertically without chewing up the bottoms.
I may give that a shot one day. But the doors have only come off once in the almost year I've owned it, and that was "just to see" lol.

Sponsored

ColoradoBadsquatch2044

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with everyone. I donā€™t have bags and Iā€™ve taken all 4 of my doors off. Also donā€™t forget to put a pad between the door and whatever you lean it on. Your best and safest bet is lay all the doors flat on the ground on a clean blanket so you donā€™t have to worry about them tipping over! Enjoy the open air experience!!

vandyfan

Badlands
First Name
VandyFan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree with everyone. If you are putting them in a garage or somewhere covered then you donā€™t need the bags. Just had them off last weekend and put a piece of carpet down on the garage floor to protect the bottom edge and put something between the wall and the door which was up against it. The door handles kept the rest of the door spaced out. Have fun. My kids loved driving around without them.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the love of all that is holy, use the little rubber strips that came in the toolkit to protect the bottom edge/corner when you go to put them back on. Better yet, use those and get a helper when you put them back on. I did not, and I just had to order touch up paint :(

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the love of all that is holy, use the little rubber strips that came in the toolkit to protect the bottom edge/corner when you go to put them back on. Better yet, use those and get a helper when you put them back on. I did not, and I just had to order touch up paint :(
It can really hit anywhere on the door leading edge, as I discovered the other day putting the doors back on in the dark before a rain while getting bitten by mosquitos, lol. Nicked off a very small bit of paint near the top leading door edge - only I will notice but still.

Next time I'll be lining the entire leading door edge with some rubber edging - not just those two small Ford provided edgings.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why would anyone think the bags came with the car? I never remove my doors without the bags. It was a small investment to protect from an expensive mistake...

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

6inthefamily

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered my bronco without bags and after taking the doors off and having them stacked against a garage wall I bought the in vehicle bags and strap kit off eBay from bronco owners who didnā€™t want them.

I think the bags are worth it for several reasons.
1. Keeps the doors clean when stored. Well made thick canvas bags with thick lining.
2. I find it slightly less worrisome to hang the doors back on the vehicle using the bags. (Cause they are covered, and bag handles make them easy to align and reinstall)
3. The door bags hang great on the wall with the carrying handles.

I found it easy to justify he price.The cost to repair 1 dinged door is higher than the bags are.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I too take them off for a few days here and then.
I just leave them on the sofa in the living room that no one ever uses.

IMO. You only need the storage bag if you are taking it with you in the trunk.
Mine is 2 door, it won't fit anyway lol
Sponsored