David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There is a rare annular solar eclipse coming Oct 14. You can learn more here: https://eclipsophile.com/ase2023/
This would be a nice opportunity to take your Bronco to some distant and quiet place away from the crowds.
Me in AZ, I shall go Fri PM direction Monument Valley which I learned will be "closed" so maybe rather further to Mexican Hut area ?
It will be my first outing, I don't know conditions there and it would be best to go with somebody to have more fun.
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

An annular eclipse is not worth driving a few hundred miles to see the moon centered in the sun - at least for me. I went to see the one in May of 2012 and it was interesting, but hardly worth the bother compared to a full eclipse like August 21 of 2017. Seeing 90% without traveling is good enough for me.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dead center literally goes through my front yard. I won't be going anywhere.

Screenshot_20230618-192427.png

OP
OP
AZSky

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I ended volunteering for the Utah Department of Natural Resources
event at the Goosenecks State park, which enabled me to camp there overnight. I shared views through my big binocular and let people snap pictures “phone on the ocular” way. This was a maiden trip for my Heritage and wow, it did not disappoint.
Ford Bronco Taking the Bronco to watch the eclipse IMG_6126
Ford Bronco Taking the Bronco to watch the eclipse IMG_6268
Ford Bronco Taking the Bronco to watch the eclipse IMG_6219

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice! I happened to have planned a Bronco Bash through Black Rock Playa to High Rock Canyon which was in the direct path as well. Cool views!

437C6AEE-C927-434C-822E-2D754E553F7A.jpeg

E062F7EF-F2A6-4460-A0D1-28F73FC6F50B.jpeg

425E4417-452B-4BD5-8C6D-0496B7918F2F.jpeg

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drove down to Fort Cove, UT to meet up with a guy to buy motorcycle Saturday... got to see the eclipse as a bonus. Traffic back into salt lake area was horrendous. Didn't take the bronco though...

IMG_20231014_124158430_HDR.jpg

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drove down to Fort Cove, UT to meet up with a guy to buy motorcycle Saturday... got to see the eclipse as a bonus. Traffic back into salt lake area was horrendous. Didn't take the bronco though...
Also know as Cove Fort, right? At least that was what they called it when I lived in Utah.

In August of 2017 after the total eclipse, traffic was just crawling out of Eastern Idaho for hours after the event. The only hope was to take alternate routes, which mostly worked for me, but even the back roads were quite a bit heavier than normal. And on a side note, heading back to Idaho from Moab on a Saturday after doing the Off-Roadeo, ALL of Salt Lake County was horrendous traffic. I don't know how those of you who live there put up with it.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were at Barnwell Mountain at the Fall Run and when we got back from the morning run, it was going on. I really didn't pay that much attention, but was cool with the light coming through the fall trees and the shadows on the ground looking like they were shaking or something. Don't know how to describe it.

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also know as Cove Fort, right? At least that was what they called it when I lived in Utah.

In August of 2017 after the total eclipse, traffic was just crawling out of Eastern Idaho for hours after the event. The only hope was to take alternate routes, which mostly worked for me, but even the back roads were quite a bit heavier than normal. And on a side note, heading back to Idaho from Moab on a Saturday after doing the Off-Roadeo, ALL of Salt Lake County was horrendous traffic. I don't know how those of you who live there put up with it.
Yeah, I guess that's what it's called... never been there before.
Sponsored