Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco tapping into high beam wire 8PoW

Using the amber DRLS for blinker I understand but having your ditch lights connected to your high beams I do not. Being from NY, I think this will be more of a headache than a benefit for you. Just use the AUX switch if you are planning to do that anyway.
Sponsored

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
its said that the high beams are controlled by the lin bus, and even though the headlights have a lin bus wire, tapping into them doesn't trigger anything. i have a pair of bumper mounted diode dynamics ss5 in driving pattern i had planned to trigger with highbeams.

RDTC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Jeep Wangler Rubicon, Bronco Outer Bank
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is possible to run the lights through an aux switch and turn them on automatically when the high beams are on. When the aux switch is on.

I have this setup on my Bronco. It works great. I use it on remote county roads. On coming drivers never see them on. They auto turn off with the high beams.

I have the MOD bumper with factory fog light wiring. But no factory fog lights or switch. I replaced my headlight switch with a front fog light headlight switch. Made the appropriate Forscan changes to activate the switch and factory fog light wires.

I have the Baja Design driving lights and corner lights. Connected them to aux 1 & aux 2. Using a relay and the normally closed connection. Connect the fog light wire to the relay signal. When the fog lights are on (low beams), the lights are off. When the fog lights are off (high beams), the lights are on.

You can not use the high beam line bus wire to trigger the relay.

High beams on with Aux 1, Aux 2, & Aux 3 on
Ford Bronco tapping into high beam wire tempImagevv0dpf

High beams off with Aux 1, Aux 2, and Aux 3 on. I have Aux 3 wired to Baja Design fog lights. Aux 3 is wired to a normally open relay.
Ford Bronco tapping into high beam wire tempImageo44eL3

Last edited:

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On another off-road vehicle, I have An led light bar that has a low beam and high beam mode.

on THAT vehicleā€¦ I have a switch that turns on and off the entire light bar, and the high beam switch that turns on and off my regular high beams will also turn On and off the High beam mode of the led light bar.

However the high beam switch will NOT turn on the high beams of the light bar, unless I turn on the light bar with its dedicated switch.

Thus it makes my arrangement LEGAL on that vehicle.

I want to do the same on my BRONCO. I would use the aux switch to turn on and off the light bar. And the auto high beams would put the led light bar into high beam mode ONLY if I turn on the light bar. Which would only be done on MY Texas Ranch or when Iā€™m off road.

Unlike the other off road vehicle I have which has a dedicated fuse for the high beams. The Bronco does NOT.

Currently as far as I know the headlights are fully controlled through a computer controlled CAN connection and doesnā€™t have a dedicated fused circuit.

Am I correct?

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is possible to run the lights through an aux switch and turn them on automatically when the high beams are on. When the aux switch is on.

I have this setup on my Bronco. It works great. I use it on remote county roads. On coming drivers never see them on. They auto turn off with the high beams.

I have the MOD bumper with factory fog light wiring. But no factory fog lights or switch. I replaced my headlight switch with a front fog light headlight switch. Made the appropriate Forscan changes to activate the switch and factory fog light wires.

I have the Baja Design driving lights and corner lights. Connected them to aux 1 & aux 2. Using a relay and the normally closed connection. Connect the fog light wire to the relay signal. When the fog lights are on (low beams), the lights are off. When the fog lights are off (high beams), the lights are on.

You can not use the high beam line bus wire to trigger the relay.

High beams on with Aux 1, Aux 2, & Aux 3 on

High beams off with Aux 1, Aux 2, and Aux 3 on. I have Aux 3 wired to Baja Design fog lights. Aux 3 is wired to a normally open relay.

I have Bambi mode where fog lights stay on when high beams are. Now what? lol that wonā€™t work for me though.

the lights on my front bumper the big rounds ones as well as the ones on my A piller. have a high and low beam function. I would like those high beam lights to go on and off when my high beams go on and off AND my aux 1 switch is on. (That way they donā€™t come on under normal situations like highway driving)

this system might work well if you donā€™t have Bambi mode Enabled. I need the fog light switch to turn on and off the fog lights like normal though too

So I am still looking for other ways.

IMG_3877.jpeg

Sponsored

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an Amber side and a white(bright side) to my ditch lights. Iā€™ve often thought the same have the amber blink with the turn signals and also have the ability to just turn the amber in with a switch. . I just havenā€™t tracked down the wiring diagram and what (diode) maybe would be needed not to back feed the system when turned in by a switch. As far as hooking then to the brights Iā€™d just put them on a switch. Because Iā€™d be the one guy that a cop sees and get busted.
you can get the amber side to blink. the dongle that is used on the trail guides with leds, tap into that so they blink when you turn your turn signals on.

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts and questions

on page 24 of that manual. Listed by someone aboveā€¦

it shows tail lights and head lightsā€¦.

on the rear tail lights I got a dongle tap from sticker fab to isolate the reverse lights and to allow me to use some floods on my rear bumper to operate a relay to turn those floods on an off. The dongle taps into those reverse lights.

the dongle allows me to turn on those floods with either me putting vehicle in reverse or using an aux switch. I also use another aux switch so that they wonā€™t come on when I go into reverse as well. I have the led Rear tail lights.

i also have tapped into the turn and parking signal lights with a dongle connection and it runs additional turn, brake and parking lights I have on the rear as well.

so now we move to the HEADLIGHt circuit up frontā€¦.

i purchased Both the trail guide replacement with the built in DRL/Turn leds, as well as the fog light turn signals that go where fog lights go on the modular bumper that have the drl and sequential turn signal in them.i have NOT installed eithee. I bought them for the dongles.

the dongles for both are exactly the same and connect to the same connector.

the dongle taps into the headlight dongle and lets me use those wires to run additional DRLā€™s and turn signalsā€¦

the amber lights you see on the front of my bronco will blink, the white DRLā€™s stay on all the time.

all of those I have connected to. A mechanical relay except for the turn signals and I connected those to a solid state super fast relay.

i have not tryed it yetā€¦ but I donā€™t understand why we canā€™t tap into the low or high beam light line to operate other lights with a relay.

as noted with pin 1 (low) and pin 8 (High) Since pin 2 (turn) and pin 7 (drl) are currently being tapped?

I checked these with a meter. And they are getting constant 12v signal when on and no signal when off?

Those big round lights you see on my bumper and A piller have low and high beam function and currently are using 3 aux switchā€™s. aux 1 turns high beams on both, aux. 2 low beam bumper. Aux 3 low beam pillar.

what I want Is when I turn aux 1 on, for the high beams to turn on the high beam bumper/piller lights only when my hig beams are on AND the aux 1 switch is on.

Thoughts?

IMG_3456.jpeg

IMG_3455.jpeg

IMG_3877.jpeg

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As noted aboveā€¦. according the sheet. The high beam is on a 20amp fused circuit. But which one where.? It doesnā€™t say.

IMG_3455.jpeg

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At one point I saw @Mabett proposing a plug that would let you tap into the various light circuits without cutting. Not sure what happened to that.

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the dongleā€¦ any ideas which pins are what? As per diagram listed.?
At one point I saw @Mabett proposing a plug that would let you tap into the various light circuits without cutting. Not sure what happened to that.
https://customautoworksstore.com/product/bronco-headlight-adapter-for-2020-2023-with-led-headlights/

pic 1 I consider the male side
pic three of the pin out numbers are the female side

the tap is the red black and yellow wire.
black is ground
red is turn signal
and yellow is parking light.

you need two dongles, one for left one for right

on my other dongle I taped in to the DRL line and it works perfectly

i pug the pigtail of this dongle into a relay circuit

Ford Bronco tapping into high beam wire IMG_3459

Ford Bronco tapping into high beam wire IMG_3458

Ford Bronco tapping into high beam wire IMG_3463

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is a headlight wiring harness. The main function is to allow you to control your additional lights by controlling the original lights on your vehicle, replaceing part of the functions of the AUX switch.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a headlight wiring harness. The main function is to allow you to control your additional lights by controlling the original lights on your vehicle, replaceing part of the functions of the AUX switch.
Is it available for sale?

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is it available for sale?
Unavailable now. It is currently being shipped to Amazon. I will make a post when they are available. Don't miss the early buyer discount if you want.
Sponsored