Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if that window drop down a tad feature can be updated at the dealership with a flash??????
For real, this sounds like something that could possibly be enabled with over the air update and/or Forscan. I wouldn't say it's the bigggest problem, but that wobble you get when you open the door too quickly feels like a quality/testing issue that was missed. Outside of this video, has anyone heard more about this feature and if it might be coming to older vehicles?
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For real, this sounds like something that could possibly be enabled with over the air update and/or Forscan. I wouldn't say it's the bigggest problem, but that wobble you get when you open the door too quickly feels like a quality/testing issue that was missed. Outside of this video, has anyone heard more about this feature and if it might be coming to older vehicles?
Seems like it would be easy programming fix.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@RedWagon found Mod Top supporting documentation in the 2024 Bronco model comparison infoā€¦
Ford Bronco TC Customs video: 2023/2024 Bronco hidden features & Color Matched MOD HARDTOP coming later this year IMG_7308

Darren D

Raptor
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wonder if that window drop down a tad feature can be updated at the dealership with a flash??????
Yes it can. I had it done on my ā€˜23 Bronco Raptor last month. Press the unlock button on remote and all 4 windows short drop. Gets rid of the top of the window hanging up on the roof weatherstrip when opening the door too quickly. A way to get around it until the update is to place your thumb on the door and pull out the handle with your fingers. When the window short drops, open the door.

Darren D

Raptor
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When I had it done last month, I asked the same question and it was explained to me that the reason it probably isnā€™t done over the air is if there is a glitch in the update during download. For example, over the air update was interrupted due to wifi signal loss and now your windows donā€™t go up. When performed at the dealership, any inconsistencies can be addressed immediately while indoors. Hope that helps a bit.

Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I had it done last month, I asked the same question and it was explained to me that the reason it probably isnā€™t done over the air is if there is a glitch in the update during download. For example, over the air update was interrupted due to wifi signal loss and now your windows donā€™t go up. When performed at the dealership, any inconsistencies can be addressed immediately while indoors. Hope that helps a bit.
I get that. So you were able to get the dealer to do that update for you? Is there a TSB that they referenced for it?

Darren D

Raptor
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I get that. So you were able to get the dealer to do that update for you? Is there a TSB that they referenced for it?
Itā€™s a dealer only update. There is, but I erased it, I found it by internet search. Actually I didnā€™t, lol. SSM 51895, window short drop function enhancement