First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the title says, I just looked at a video from @TCcustoms.com that speaks on the hidden features of Ford, for 23/24. The one that stuck out, was that the Bronco will receive a MOD top later on in 2024 that will be coloured match to the Bronco.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I guess it's possible, they've been cranking out the HE's compared to the crap shoot from last year. IIRC there's less than a hundred remaining in the USOB and the order banks are still closed, so no new orders. I'd say if they do offer a color match option it's going to be tied to some special trim that's going to be a limited number like the HE's are because no way they can come close to meeting an open option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Geez, for a video focused on the hidden features for '24 Broncos, he missed a big one and that is the quiet introduction of the HLIP to '24 Badlands.
The what? I have not heard anything about the instrument cluster being changed. Where isthis info at?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The what? I have not heard anything about the instrument cluster being changed. Where isthis info at?
Follow along. An Instrument Panel is not an Instrument Cluster.

Going back to 2020, this has always been a point of debate and confusion. Laymen call it a dashboard. But engineers refer to the same as an instrument panel. In the catalog, the instrument panel phrase is used to reference the "dashboard". Back when B&P was released, Ford promoted a HLIP with soft-touch surfaces to distinguish higher trims from the lower trims. It was first available on the OBX and above. When the order banks opened in 1/21, the HLIP was still noted but no one knew what it referenced. The Stig was unable to find any examples to photograph for us. In April of '21, Ford had pre-production mules that they drove around to different dealers so that customers could touch and sit in a Bronco for the first time. They were a Big Bend and an OBX. But the HLIP was missing on the pre-production mule. By the time Job1 started, the HLIP disappeared from being promoted. Consequently, every trim received the base interior - just different colors.

Now, MY'24 Badlands are the first to receive the HLIP that was promoted 3 years ago.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if that window drop down a tad feature can be updated at the dealership with a flash??????

EBRU2024

Wildtrak
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Audi Q7, 13 Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Three things had me getting a Wildtrak- the suspension the all black rims and the grill. The badlands has the upgraded interior now it has the upgraded suspension…. Interior options that included the washout ability. No updates for Wildtrak for 2024— should I wait for a later edition badlands at this point and just upgrade my grill and rims!?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Three things had me getting a Wildtrak- the suspension the all black rims and the grill. The badlands has the upgraded interior now it has the upgraded suspension…. Interior options that included the washout ability. No updates for Wildtrak for 2024— should I wait for a later edition badlands at this point and just upgrade my grill and rims!?
The Badlands has the same suspension but an upgraded steering rack that is standard on all '24 Sasquatch Broncos (WT - Sasquatch is standard).

If you want the washout interior along with the HLIP, then get a Badlands. You'll still have to swap out the grill/wheels/emblems/suspension to match the WT.

Not sure that really makes sense.

Or stick with the WT and swap out the floor. The HLIP on the MY'24 Badlands won't match the WT interior. If you want soft-touch surface, then a custom stitched IP can be done.

EBRU2024

Wildtrak
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Badlands has the same suspension but an upgraded steering rack that is standard on all '24 Sasquatch Broncos (WT - Sasquatch is standard).

If you want the washout interior along with the HLIP, then get a Badlands. You'll still have to swap out the grill/wheels/emblems/suspension to match the WT.

Not sure that really makes sense.

Or stick with the WT and swap out the floor. The HLIP on the MY'24 Badlands won't match the WT interior. If you want soft-touch surface, then a custom stitched IP can be done.
Makes sense but it’s a lot of work and extra money that I’m not sure is worth it. A grill swap is fine- I’m planning on putting the adv fiberglass ram hood, color match fenders, mirrors, bumpers handles and roof already—which is a lot of work as it is. At what point do I want to sacrifice the ease of finding a parking spot at my local grocery store for a raptor (which are popping up at auction in the 70’s now) or just dump a ton of extra money into something that I should be drawing the line somewhere. When configured the badlands and Wildtrak are identical Wildtrak you get hoss 3.0, black rims and black grill but nothing on the inside. Badlands you get the new interior and 3.0 later this year. With no updates to the Wildtrak my guess is they are going to phase it out and the badlands will replace it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Makes sense but it’s a lot of work and extra money that I’m not sure is worth it. A grill swap is fine- I’m planning on putting the adv fiberglass ram hood, color match fenders, mirrors, bumpers handles and roof already—which is a lot of work as it is. At what point do I want to sacrifice the ease of finding a parking spot at my local grocery store for a raptor (which are popping up at auction in the 70’s now) or just dump a ton of extra money into something that I should be drawing the line somewhere. When configured the badlands and Wildtrak are identical Wildtrak you get hoss 3.0, black rims and black grill but nothing on the inside. Badlands you get the new interior and 3.0 later this year. With no updates to the Wildtrak my guess is they are going to phase it out and the badlands will replace it.
I might have missed it. But the Badlands is NOT getting the HOSS 3.0 suspension on the WT. The Badlands non Sasquatch and all other Sasquatch optioned Broncos are getting the HOSS 3.0 steering rack.

With regards to Build Creep (similar to scope creep in project management), at some point, you have to draw the line and prioritize what is necessary. If money is no object, I'm not sure a 6G Bronco/Braptor would even be on my radar.

EBRU2024

Wildtrak
First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I might have missed it. But the Badlands is NOT getting the HOSS 3.0 suspension on the WT. The Badlands non Sasquatch and all other Sasquatch optioned Broncos are getting the HOSS 3.0 steering rack.

With regards to Build Creep (similar to scope creep in project management), at some point, you have to draw the line and prioritize what is necessary. If money is no object, I'm not sure a 6G Bronco/Braptor would even be on my radar.
Ahh I got ahead of myself and must have stopped listening in aggravation after hearing hoss 3.0. Thanks for clearing that up!

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He's well informed but was wrong when he stated last year that the 2024's would all get adjustable (for and aft) head rests. My 2024 BD mid package with 4dr. with MGV does not have adjustable headrests.
Sponsored