First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I installed my Kicker Key 200.4 on the metal plate below the setting wheel that piece was covered in a light oil. I wiped the oil off and handled the piece while drilling the plate for the amp. I went to remove it to adjust the amp the next day and it was covered in light rust. I wiped it with some WD-40 and the rust came off, then I wiped any other visible metal with WD-40 as well. The truck is a hard top that was in the garage overnight and not driven. I keep a container of damprid in the rear footwell, so moisture shouldn’t be a concern.

I just went out to look, I haven’t put eyes on this piece since sometime last summer when I did the amp install. Looks ok.
Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? 013BD48C-0F60-43D1-B9FA-EC2CE5E21BFF
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
fwade4

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same question I was going to ask.
No, it was not part of the mountain stash of Broncos. I thought I had ducked everything when my 2.7L made it to 10K miles. Guess not.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your profile pic is a hardtop but you commented about leaving your top down at the beach (not off) and "rust dripping from the soft top joints". You have a hardtop and soft top? Just curious since this post just seems very odd (as you've probably noticed from the majority of comments).
He also stated he never left his top down or lives anywhere close to a beach, then changed to was 5 blocks from the beach, left it down several nights. 🤷🏻‍♀️

OP
OP
fwade4

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your profile pic is a hardtop but you commented about leaving your top down at the beach (not off) and "rust dripping from the soft top joints". You have a hardtop and soft top? Just curious since this post just seems very odd (as you've probably noticed from the majority of comments).
The hardtop picture has been up since 2020. It was a stock picture. Once I got my Bronco I wasn't on the forum as much and never changed the profile pic. Mine is a soft top as the white hard top was just a myth in 2021.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fwade4

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He also stated he never left his top down or lives anywhere close to a beach, then changed to was 5 blocks from the beach, left it down several nights. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I said I never leave my top down at my home in Virginia since my other car was stolen. While on vacation in Delaware for 3 weeks, I left the top down several nights last Summer.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So how did salt spray or salt water get to all of those places?

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I work in the industry, specifically parts…. Those seat tracks begin rusting at “go”. It’ll function just fine forever though.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Even if they replaced it, the next one is already starting to rust as we speak.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lets see here average morning 4-6am summer humidity levels in Delaware

Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? Screenshot_20230307-213023

Sponsored

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is anyone else experiencing the INSIDE of their Bronco rusting? Basically, any unpainted surface in my Bronco is covered in rust. I have never left the roof off in the rain or gone into deep water. I tried to have it covered by Ford but they rejected it under the corrosion warranty. If this isn't corrosion, I do not understand what corrosion is.
Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? Screenshot_20230307-213023

IMG_7251.jpg

IMG_7250.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg
This is wild!

Especially the seat head rests

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it where mine I would just use a rust converter. I have used it on all my vehicles inside or out when I see rust. I pour a little bit in a spray bottle and spray away. If I can get to it with an old brush I will use it. Turns the rust black so you can paint it or leave it. Corroseal

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Getting caught in the rain with top down then closing it up without proper drying will definitely do this
Sponsored