First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is anyone else experiencing the INSIDE of their Bronco rusting? Basically, any unpainted surface in my Bronco is covered in rust. I have never left the roof off in the rain or gone into deep water. I tried to have it covered by Ford but they rejected it under the corrosion warranty. If this isn't corrosion, I do not understand what corrosion is.
Time to brush up on Sacrificial Anodes.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

Machz963

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 C8 Corvette, '22 Sasquatch 2.7tt, '08 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford needs to cover it, find a new dealer. That is a real POS.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford will not and should not cover this...this vehicle wasn't just sitting out in normal conditions...it was out with with doors and top off for multiple days not with just wind and humidity but he stated a strong ocean spray...this will eat at any vehicle whether it's a ford pinto or a rolls royce...the problem is fixable but will take alot of time..I would start removing the seat s first and start getting busy with fluid film on any metal surface inside and out.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford will not and should not cover this...this vehicle wasn't just sitting out in normal conditions...it was out with with doors and top off for multiple days not with just wind and humidity but he stated a strong ocean spray...this will eat at any vehicle whether it's a ford pinto or a rolls royce...the problem is fixable but will take alot of time..I would start removing the seat s first and start getting busy with fluid film on any metal surface inside and out.
And definitely not after posting it in a public forum. Good call by the dealer. While we like for Ford to magically cover any wear and tear that’s just not how it works.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So that might be a valid argument. But seriously, it's a $60K vehicle!

Okay, I don't know how transaction price of a $30K vehicle tarted up to $60K has anything to do with this. But it's such a common utterance on B6g that I figured it was always the answer.

OP
OP
fwade4

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And definitely not after posting it in a public forum. Good call by the dealer. While we like for Ford to magically cover any wear and tear that’s just not how it works.
I contacted Ford customer relations first and was told they would help only for that decision to be overturned by a manager. I asked what options I had and was told non since the warranty claim was denied. Then I posted on 6G looking to see if this was an isolated problem and if others had solutions.

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What year is this. Bronco? I call BS

fairlane_68

Wildtrak
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You live in Virginia, in Arlington, near the Eastern Shore. 100% humidity year round. This is going to happen. Nothing unusual about it.

Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@fwade4

Idk why everyone is shitting on you. Ford literally has marketing marketing materials of people driving their outer banks on the beach.

If I were you I would keep trying to escalate the issue with Ford even though they denied it originally. I think regardless if you left the top off for a few days rust shouldn't be that bad...

Good luck

OP
OP
fwade4

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@fwade4

Idk why everyone is shitting on you. Ford literally has marketing marketing materials of people driving their outer banks on the beach.

If I were you I would keep trying to escalate the issue with Ford even though they denied it originally. I think regardless if you left the top off for a few days rust shouldn't be that bad...

Good luck
Exactly, seems like you would put a coat of paint on all exposed metal. Underneath my back seats are painted, no clue why the front are not.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was at the beach for three weeks this past Summer and the second day there I noticed rust dripping from the soft top joints into the trunk. I didn't notice the rest of this until last month. I don't live near the ocean and do not have a pool. The pictures are - under both front seats, behind the steering column, the rear headrests and the soft top.

That surface rust is caused by exposure to ocean air which is high in salts and very corrosive. You can clean all that up that you see easily. That the chrome is showing rust indicates it may have come in contact with salt water. Did anyone with ocean-wet hair sit in that seat?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
@fwade4

Good luck
Most people who drive on the beach know they need to wash their vehicle down with fresh water after that to get the salt off of it.

OP
OP
fwade4

fwade4

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most people who drive on the beach know they need to wash their vehicle down with fresh water after that to get the salt off of it.
I did wash the vehicle down after. I did not wash under the seats and behind the plastic cover of the steering column. Can you send me some instructions for that?
Sponsored