Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without getting into the nuts and bolts (pun intended) I offer the following opinion. I owned a 2018 F-150 Raptor and it was an awesome vehicle. As superficial as it may seem, I wanted one for it's looks, its style, its sound and its power. For six years it turned heads and garnered compliments wherever we went. I paid $78k for it which I thought was crazy money but it was worth every penny. ADM really wasn't a thing in 2018, at least not at my dealership. It came to life during COVID but seems to have gone by the wayside now. Owning a Raptor has its drawbacks too. I found myself a slave to keeping it spotless, keeping mileage low and finding a parking spot where I didn't have to worry about some chuckle-head ramming his door into it.

Earlier this year, I decided to trade it for my Bronco BD Sasquatch. I enjoy it just as much but never even considered the Bronco Raptor. I loved that truck but would I do it again? No. I don't think I would.

Raptor (7).JPG

2023 Ford Bronco The Eagle Has Landed.jpeg
Far too much irony in the obsession with keeping a pickup truck clean. I personally only like to see Raptors dirty and beaten on. Otherwise, it’s a waste. My Badlands rarely gets a wash since I stay in the dirt and I’m a guy who does full paint corrections on my vehicles that deserve them, which right now is just my wife’s SUV.

@vrtical here actually wheels his Braptor, as I’ve wheeled with him on a Jeep badge of honor trail last year. However, I’ve only seen 1 more down here who does, so I respect both of those guys. The width is again, the only drawback down here.

Hope you actually wheeled that thing. I’ve been wheeling in the NE, in NH, VT, and Maine, so not sure where you would, but hope you did.

Driving a performance vehicle hard is the only way to get your value. Otherwise, it’s just an ego crush and I have to wonder why you’d care so much about what others think anyway? Random people aren’t actually ever rooting FOR you; why I just don’t care. It’s about me enjoying.

Now, my old M3, or 440i, I kept clean, fresh Michelin Pilot Super Sports, which I then thrashed dead in around 15 months. Squeezed all the blood from both of those turnips for sure; money well spent!
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I were on the West Coast and Southwest at that; a Braptor would be hard for me to pass. Fact is, trails in the Deep South are narrow and I’d take body damage in addition to pinstripes constantly. I also don’t see the benefit in PPE on an off-roader, regardless of what some argue or try to justify.

The fact that we don’t have a proper Warthog and only have this bloated moar door Braptor that belly drags on obstacles, on top of the crazy price it is today Make it a hard pass for anyone other than the that crowd that just pose for the insta bot followers.

I can update my BadSquatch steering rack to that of the Braptor and upgrade the suspension, shocks to either 6100s or Fox 2.5s, then keep it moving.

My RCI frame mounted sliders come in another 3 weeks I hope, then I’ll have closer to what I need for Braptor performance minus 37s which I’m not sure make any sense anyway for most trails and the weight hit.
So conflicted.

Worried about pinstripes but won't do PPF.

More ground clearance on a Raptor than many jeeps with 40s and claims of belly dragging.

Claims of belly dragging but critical of 37s.

Yeah you're right the Raptor isn't "proper". The best on the market at low and high speed wheeling and it isn't "proper".

Lots of us use these as intended, but the fact remains - most off road vehicles simply don't go off-road - Jeeps, Broncos, Pickups, SUVs, Electrics, etc.

So tired of the whining and stale criticisms.

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bronco raptors are dropping in price pretty fast. theres a dealer near me that has two on the lot for 5k off sticker. They have been on the lot for more than 30 days now

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There were at least two Braptors at the dealership when I picked my car up the other day, one had a hang tag of $90,xxx and the other of $101,xxx in the windows. I just laughed and went on by. Utterly stupid.
Mitchel brought a new one to supercell $84k but they drove it there soo it had miles.
Sponsored