Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Checked out the link and now the whole family is going mid-March. I'm just moving back after 15 years away and while my parents are experienced
campers and I've taken my kids many times this will be our first camping trip together. My brother and sister with their SOs are also going to join so it'll be fun. Maybe I'll post a trail blog after we're done.

Edit: Thank you so much for the link.
This is awesome! Since I posted that link we actually moved. My new neighbor does some overlanding, and he has done the trail many times. He said it’s super easy and fun. They have done it in 2wd vehicles before.
Sponsored

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco / 2021 Powerboost F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Overlanding is awesome and you will love it. We just picked up our Bronco and are figuring out how much to incorporate into our overlanding setup. Just be cautious, the overlanding bug can be get out of control and consume you like it did us :D

Ford Bronco Texas Overlanders IMG_2444

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco / 2021 Powerboost F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pulled out the Woolly Bear with the Bronco today to get things situated. Going need to need to lift the Bronco :)
Ford Bronco Texas Overlanders IMG_2833

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Helper2022

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would definitely recommend getting a lightweight trailer that you can mount a tent on. If you combined that with a rooftop tent, you would have enough space for all 4 of y'all. Plus, by having a trailer, you can disconnect from it if you are camping at one spot for more than one night and go exploring in the bronco. Another advantage of having a trailer is that it allows you to move the majority of the stuff you would pack into the bronco into the trailer. I found this video that may be of interest to you, this lady goes around looking at peoples tiny homes and this family of 4, husband, wife, and 2 young boys, all live out of this jeep wrangler!

Can't wait to see y'alls journey! If y'all need any help finding mods, y'all have come to the right place.

Helper2022

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome build. Lots of planning involved to get the build just what you want/need. I'm going to be starting with the basics so I've been looking at air compressors.

Has anyone put thought into where they will be going first. I heard there may be some beginner friendly spots near Austin.
I would definitely recommend Hidden Falls Adventure Park. I've been there a couple of times and not only are the staff amazing, but the other customers there are as well! If you are willing to drive a ways, Merus Adventure park just outside of Amarillo is another place I would recommend. They even have classes for first time offroaders and overlanders.

Tv_fixer

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner TRD, '21 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fire Extinguisher, first aid kit, seat belt cutter. COMMS-CB, GRMS, Garmin InReach.
Sponsored