First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious what the manual says, but in the video they mentioned a phrase along the lines of 'to maintain sea level performance'.

So you have to reduce the weight at altitude if you want the same performance. Don't think that's news to anyone.
I was going to quibble about that, but you beat me to it. My only other quibble is they seem to conflate towing capacity with gross combined weight rating. Even if you were to reduce GCWR (which it is now clear that you don't have to), that doesn't necessarily mean reduced trailer weight. The weight reduction could come from payload in the vehicle.

Regardless, it seems pretty clear that the engine or transmission aren't the limiting factors in the tow rating (no surprise to anyone with this engine in an F-150. ;) ).
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was going to quibble about that, but you beat me to it. My only other quibble is they seem to conflate towing capacity with gross combined weight rating. Even if you were to reduce GCWR (which it is now clear that you don't have to), that doesn't necessarily mean reduced trailer weight. The weight reduction could come from payload in the vehicle.

Regardless, it seems pretty clear that the engine or transmission aren't the limiting factors in the tow rating (no surprise to anyone with this engine in an F-150. ;) ).
In a Base, BB, BD, or OBX yes you have lots of room on your GCWR before eating into your tow cap, but it's tight on WTs and FEs. I don't 100% recall about BLs.