JP1200

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
We must have similar tastes. I have a 4 door cactus grey being built now and I am trying to decide between the exact 2 sets of wheels that you chose. I am leaning towards the venomrex for the weight but was curious what made you change.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We must have similar tastes. I have a 4 door cactus grey being built now and I am trying to decide between the exact 2 sets of wheels that you chose. I am leaning towards the venomrex for the weight but was curious what made you change.
The VR wheels were my first choice but they were having difficulty with manufacturing and shipping delays so I bought the Icons as a temporary wheel. Then the VRs shipped much earlier than expected.

I think the Icons are great. I am actually selling the ones I have:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/for-sale-icon-rebound-wheels-price-drop-obo.45272/

Bone Saw

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stripes are from Underground Graphics. I watched their install video a couple of times before putting them on. Pretty easy if you take your time and are careful. The material is really good quality and goes on super smooth.
I thought it looked like an UG product, but the stripes were thicker than I’ve seen them use. Thank you, great build!

JimmyD

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4/2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awsome build. Love the over rider bar with the lights. You did a great build. Ideas for my Badlands.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! It is actually a Jeep Bar:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K8BJG9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I couldn't find anything for the capable bumper so I went with this one. I ordered several different options to find the one that fit the best. Then it was pretty simple to remove the bumper, drill holes and bolt it on.
The way you had to install the safari bar, is it more cosmetic than functional?

It looks great, and Ford doesn't have squat for the Capable bumper. I am looking for options that are functional without having to swap out the whole bumper.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way you had to install the safari bar, is it more cosmetic than functional?

It looks great, and Ford doesn't have squat for the Capable bumper. I am looking for options that are functional without having to swap out the whole bumper.
It depends on what you mean by functional vs. cosmetic. For me, the intended function was to hold the lights in the location I wanted. It is not a bar that will serve as protection from deer strikes or major impacts. If that is what you need, you probably need to replace the entire bumper with an integrated bar. Maybe the big one from ARB?

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on what you mean by functional vs. cosmetic. For me, the intended function was to hold the lights in the location I wanted. It is not a bar that will serve as protection from deer strikes or major impacts. If that is what you need, you probably need to replace the entire bumper with an integrated bar. Maybe the big one from ARB?
I was looking for protection against deer hits. So I guess I will be continuing the search. Yes I have seen the ARB Summit bumper. Its pretty pricey. I am starting to have a little regret dropping the Modular HD bumper from my build because no one seems to be making anything that works with the Capable bumper. Kinda bummed, but I was tired of waiting for my Bronco and made that tradeoff. Still glad I have my BL, just not thrilled on what I may need to spend to get a real crash bar.

My cousin hit a deer with his 4Runner last fall and I was really impressed how it held up. The car was totally drivable even after the hit, albeit there was a broken headlight.

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP