dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t speak on moving an order but I can tell you once the order is placed you can’t make any changes on the order but must cancel order and have a new one issued which puts you further back in line, because it’s a new order, You may want to check to be sure you keep your original reservation # or you’ll be waiting a long time, I had to pay a $100 reservation fee and then a $1000 non refundable deposit. I told them from the beginning I wanted the Rubber mats instead of carpet, they couldn’t figure out how to get rubber, after the order was placed I found out on this web site rubber comes with the black diamond, I got the big bend, so now I can’t have rubber without upgrading, but I don’t want to start over, so I’m just screwed. So beware of changes.
This is all wrong. Changes can easily be made, after the order has been submitted. I have done two changes, so far. Your dealership screwed you. Please don't cause other to be screwed, by passing bad information.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP, you keep asking about the timeline. I wouldn’t sweat it too much because it sounds like they are trying to get you changed by the 19th but if they don’t, the worst you get slid back is 1 quarter (3 months). The deadline of March 19 is to be in the mix for the first 3 months of scheduling (which is probably built May - July ish) you can still submit orders after 3/19 and those will be scheduled according to time stamp and commodity constraint for the next 3 months (probably built Aug - Oct ish).

so, if they fix your debacle but doesnt get the new dealer until March 23, you can still have your new dealer submit the order then and your not that far back.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP, you keep asking about the timeline. I wouldn’t sweat it too much because it sounds like they are trying to get you changed by the 19th but if they don’t, the worst you get slid back is 1 quarter (3 months). The deadline of March 19 is to be in the mix for the first 3 months of scheduling (which is probably built May - July ish) you can still submit orders after 3/19 and those will be scheduled according to time stamp and commodity constraint for the next 3 months (probably built Aug - Oct ish).

so, if they fix your debacle but doesnt get the new dealer until March 23, you can still have your new dealer submit the order then and your not that far back.
I am ordering a build with 3 of the deadly 6, and even worse a dreaded base. Will take a miracle or a disturbance in the space time continuem for me to be included in the first run. Day 2 reservation...

fire282

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
harperrb - I had a similar experience where my dealer in Denver converted my reservation to an order without my knowledge or consent. I learned about the conversion when I called the 1-800 number to switch dealers to Granger. The original dealer said it was "inadvertent error." Yea right. Anyway, I think I first called around 1/25. After a letter and 6-7 calls to the 1-800 number that were worthless as I could get out of the representatives were "they are working on it - try back in a week," I finally received a call from Ford today. They had me get a new reservation, switched my early timestamp to the new reservation and then I'll cancel my original reservation/order. Up until today's call I was getting real nervous that this was not going to get resolved by 3/19.
Same for me. I got the call from Ford today. I called them originally at the end of January.
My question to you is, when you make the second reservation and pay the $100 does Ford automatically refund you the initial $100 ?

OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am dealing with the same situation and talked to Ford earlier this week to begin the process. Rep stated a couple of times that they are aware that the 3/19 deadline is fast approaching and they plan to get it fixed by then. Some in that thread said it took a couple weeks to get done but that could be because they had a big back log. Bid you haven't already, call Ford in the morning.
Thanks this was now than what I got from the ford guy when I called.

Sponsored
OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

harperrb - I had a similar experience where my dealer in Denver converted my reservation to an order without my knowledge or consent. I learned about the conversion when I called the 1-800 number to switch dealers to Granger. The original dealer said it was "inadvertent error." Yea right. Anyway, I think I first called around 1/25. After a letter and 6-7 calls to the 1-800 number that were worthless as I could get out of the representatives were "they are working on it - try back in a week," I finally received a call from Ford today. They had me get a new reservation, switched my early timestamp to the new reservation and then I'll cancel my original reservation/order. Up until today's call I was getting real nervous that this was not going to get resolved by 3/19.
Appriciate the context! I plan to follow up in a week or so.

Thanks

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can any one speak to how long it took to move an order that the dealership put in without your knowledge?

I feel like I'm in a pinch, I didn't see how long these issues take to resolve in the search, wondering what potential outlook looks like.

So bit of a back story here (otherwise skip to the bottom):

I like to support local businesses. I have a car I bought and currently service a local JCD dealership. When the new Bronco was announced I was smitten. July 14, when the reservations opened I was one of those many hitting refresh on the website.

Anyways, I chose my local ford dealership by the same name as my JCD dealership. When we got closer to ordering, I did enough research to understand pricing and that I wasn't be screwed over (msrp + $500 non refundable), but I didn't reach or try to move my order to "The Best" deal in the east coast of the US.

After waiting through the intial orders opening up to hopefully miss the bugs in the system between the B&P and the part numbers, I committed to putting in my order at the beginning March.

Fast forward to this Monday. I called to schedule a visit to the dealership with the lead new-car salesman (my regular contact). "He is no longer with us"

Oh man.

So I confirmed the process with the next guy who replaced him. The non refundable fee is now $2500.

??? Oh man.

Well, I knew what to do. I retreated to the Bronco6g forum here, researched this awesome site for East coast dealerships. Found great reviews and called up a lead. They'll be happy to take my res, just need to call Ford and ask them to move it. Sure thing.

After introductions, the Ford guy asks if I knew the previous dealership had already put in my order?

Oh man. I had already read the stories here about those issues. But I had never received a notification or anything about my order going in. But sure enough, I went to my ford account and yes, Feb 9 the order was made for the original reservation.

Ford guy tells me, So because my OG dealership made my order without my consent, the they can move me, but they can't guarantee any timeline, otherwise I'll be notified when it happens.

"But surely by March 19th, right?"
"I can't predict a timeline"

Oh man.

So now I am in wait mode. The good news is that I've settled 99% of my selections. But I can't put my order in until I get moved, or I'm stuck with this crazy $2500 fee, or I ask to delay for a '22.

Long story short:
I went w local guys who lost the manager I was working with, got stuck with an outrageous fee - just to find out they put in my order in February so now Im not sure I can move the res by March 19 and I just want to order my Bronco.

Can any one speak to how long it took to move an order that the dealership put in without your knowledge?

Thanks for listening,

{Edit: corrected the order date}
It was just shy of 3 weeks AFTER opening a case with Ford CRC that I got a call-back that they were processing my request. After the confirmation call on the new dealer details, they stated it would be "up to 3 business days" for the timestamp change to process (you create a new res with new dealer) but it was done the next morning (yesterday, for me)

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can’t speak on moving an order but I can tell you once the order is placed you can’t make any changes on the order but must cancel order and have a new one issued which puts you further back in line, because it’s a new order, You may want to check to be sure you keep your original reservation # or you’ll be waiting a long time, I had to pay a $100 reservation fee and then a $1000 non refundable deposit. I told them from the beginning I wanted the Rubber mats instead of carpet, they couldn’t figure out how to get rubber, after the order was placed I found out on this web site rubber comes with the black diamond, I got the big bend, so now I can’t have rubber without upgrading, but I don’t want to start over, so I’m just screwed. So beware of changes.
you can change your order my dealer e mailed everyone and let them know that if they wanted to make changes to get them done before the 19th

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I feel like I'm in a pinch, I didn't see how long these issues take to resolve in the search, wondering what potential outlook looks like.

So bit of a back story here (otherwise skip to the bottom):

I like to support local businesses. I have a car I bought and currently service a local JCD dealership. When the new Bronco was announced I was smitten. July 14, when the reservations opened I was one of those many hitting refresh on the website.

Anyways, I chose my local ford dealership by the same name as my JCD dealership. When we got closer to ordering, I did enough research to understand pricing and that I wasn't be screwed over (msrp + $500 non refundable), but I didn't reach or try to move my order to "The Best" deal in the east coast of the US.

After waiting through the intial orders opening up to hopefully miss the bugs in the system between the B&P and the part numbers, I committed to putting in my order at the beginning March.

Fast forward to this Monday. I called to schedule a visit to the dealership with the lead new-car salesman (my regular contact). "He is no longer with us"

Oh man.

So I confirmed the process with the next guy who replaced him. The non refundable fee is now $2500.

??? Oh man.

Well, I knew what to do. I retreated to the Bronco6g forum here, researched this awesome site for East coast dealerships. Found great reviews and called up a lead. They'll be happy to take my res, just need to call Ford and ask them to move it. Sure thing.

After introductions, the Ford guy asks if I knew the previous dealership had already put in my order?

Oh man. I had already read the stories here about those issues. But I had never received a notification or anything about my order going in. But sure enough, I went to my ford account and yes, Feb 9 the order was made for the original reservation.

Ford guy tells me, So because my OG dealership made my order without my consent, the they can move me, but they can't guarantee any timeline, otherwise I'll be notified when it happens.

"But surely by March 19th, right?"
"I can't predict a timeline"

Oh man.

So now I am in wait mode. The good news is that I've settled 99% of my selections. But I can't put my order in until I get moved, or I'm stuck with this crazy $2500 fee, or I ask to delay for a '22.

Long story short:
I went w local guys who lost the manager I was working with, got stuck with an outrageous fee - just to find out they put in my order in February so now Im not sure I can move the res by March 19 and I just want to order my Bronco.

Thanks for listening,

{Edit: corrected the order date}
What doesn’t make sense is, they want 2500 to convert but they converted without getting 2500 from you. This smells. You need to speak to the GM. I think at this point, you should work things out with your original dealer rather than switch. It’s only 2 weeks from the deadline. Take somebody to lunch if you have to, works most of the time. Good luck.

Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can change your order until a VIN is assigned. Ford has confirmed this. Saying that, Ford would like you to not make any major changes, just minor things like paint, but they've never said you can't make major changes.
Yes, I've done this on past orders from Ford. I don't remember the VIN being the reason but that makes perfect sense. My Dealer told me when it got to one of the steps before actual production I could change it. The last time I changed was on a 2017 F-150 that was literally a few days away from the scheduled production.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This.

The March deadline is just for first quarter scheduling and to receive a delivery estimate.

You can still convert your orders after the deadline. Your reservation doesn’t cease to exist.

As pointed out, it appears that Ford’s approach to fixing these issues is to have the individual make a new reservation at their preferred dealer, and then they manually go into the database and edit the timestamp of the new reservation to match the original, and then the original is cancelled.

That said, I would not do anything without consulting with Ford Customer Care first. Take your marching orders from them.

Everyone is getting impatient with how long it’s taking Ford to fix these issues, but I want to remind those folks that this is not something their internal system was ever designed to handle, and they have to do everything by hand. Probably by a small handful of people. That takes time.

And it’s in Ford’s self interest to get these things squared away.. so corporate is on your side.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford changed the Bronco FAQ on their website. You now have to cancel your existing reservation and create a new one with the dealer you're switching too.

Here's what the website now says:
Can customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
To change dealers after their reservation has already been made, customers will have to cancel their existing reservation and create another with the correct dealer.

This is what it used to say:
Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
Customers can reach out to Ford Customer Support for assistance should they need to change dealers.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works);
This is what the FAQ you linked to states as of this morning...

Ford Bronco The Ordering Troubles 3B19B2F4-6B3E-41B0-BACD-AFD7C2BD8DC5

Also, please note the warning at the top of the page...

Ford Bronco The Ordering Troubles 5D59673A-AE36-43E3-BDD3-301F9F08FE48

Last edited:
OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didnt realize this, this is a helpful clarification. I just assumed if I missed May 19, I would just lose my place in line.

Thanks for the clarification

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
almost none of this post is true.
Sponsored