First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are 4 or 5 modular bumpers and 3 tow packages in these first 16.

/john
Yeah, I had a good many too, but a few didn't make it because of those items. I was curious of the 5 of mine that got cut so I looked up the reasons.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan to give a breakdown of what's been scheduled and compare who got scheduled to my list and try to figure out (if) why someone was skipped.

/john
John - thanks for sharing the spreadsheet shot of what was scheduled. Do you have any personal insight or thoughts as to the comment above about “why someone was skipped”? Would love your insight as to why the scheduling is not taken in order - as my guess is there were identical builds ahead of those selected. I.e. I’m sure there were identical builds (maybe outside of color choice) to res holder #121 that were skipped.

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

10 MIC tops and 6 soft tops were scheduled, 0 mod tops or 0 dual tops were in the mix.

Three lux packages, one with Squatch (FE).

One FE and two priorities were scheduled last week. 13 this week.

/john
Just to confirm, dual tops are not available til MY22?

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just to confirm, dual tops are not available til MY22?

We have no idea if that's completely true or partially true or false.

I know there's been zero scheduled in the first 16.

I know that if I modify an order from a MOD to a MIC, I cannot add a dual MIC/Soft config.

Soft tops are available.

MIC tops are available.

MOD tops were told to be a MY22 option.

That's the extent of my knowledge about dual tops.

I do not know if they're kicking out preexisting MIC/Dual top configs, nothing has crossed my desk with that info on it.

/john

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 4 or 5 modular bumpers and 3 tow packages in these first 16.

/john
Thanks John, More great insights!

Based on my time stamp and place in line at SAC I expected to be in round #2 of scheduling in the first place. But now I’m questioning my decision to include the tow package on my build, but I did know it was listed as a possible commodity issue.

Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have any orders sitting in priority 19 with either the MOD top or the dual top option. When Ford came out a few weeks ago and said those would be 2022 options, I changed all of my orders that were conflicts(with customer consent), and moved others that wanted to wait back to 99 with the MY2022 WAIT like instructed. I would not ever leave a non-buildable unit in 19, as it has zero chance of getting pulled.

I have no idea if other dealers went through all that trouble, but I did. I went through almost 300 orders single handedly again looking for those two conflicts. I fixed every one of them. The amount of work this whole thing has been is mind boggling.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't have any orders sitting in priority 19 with either the MOD top or the dual top option. When Ford came out a few weeks ago and said those would be 2022 options, I changed all of my orders that were conflicts(with customer consent), and moved others that wanted to wait back to 99 with the MY2022 WAIT like instructed. I would not ever leave a non-buildable unit in 19, as it has zero chance of getting pulled.

I have no idea if other dealers went through all that trouble, but I did. I went through almost 300 orders single handedly again looking for those two conflicts. I fixed every one of them. The amount of work this whole thing has been is mind boggling.

I put the orders in and set them all as 10's (because it doesn't matter one iota if we set them a 10, 11, 12-19, Ford has control) if they were pre 9/18s for the very reason that's popping up right now, Ford is pulling orders from further down the list and we don't know why. Yes, MOD is now an exception, but it doesn't hurt anything for the orders to sit there with a 10-19 on them, if they're to be kicked out to the MY22 orders, we can change anything on the orders when the summer order banks open up. If I woulda went with the info we had prior to the release of the "Mod tops will be MY22" info, all things being equal, everyone on the list from 7/13 to 9/18 appears to have a shot. I've seen other dealer customers with 8/* dates being scheduled. I am so glad I populated our list with everyone that didn't want to defer with pre 9/18 timestamps. If I didn't, I would seriously worry that my entire allocation would not be built.

/john

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do not know if they're kicking out preexisting MIC/Dual top configs, nothing has crossed my desk with that info on it.

/john
If you have those sitting in your queue as 19, they have zero chance of getting built. They're not kicking them out, they just won't build them.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you have those sitting in your queue as 19, they have zero chance of getting built. They're not kicking them out, they just won't build them.

I have ZERO sitting in my queue at 19. There's no reason to leave anything at 19. Ford has stated to me over and over again, 10-19 = same. 99 however, won't get built. Zero chance. 10-19 are available to be built.

/john

Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put the orders in and set them all as 10's (because it doesn't matter one iota if we set them a 10, 11, 12-19, Ford has control) if they were pre 9/18s for the very reason that's popping up right now, Ford is pulling orders from further down the list and we don't know why. Yes, MOD is now an exception, but it doesn't hurt anything for the orders to sit there with a 10-19 on them, if they're to be kicked out to the MY22 orders, we can change anything on the orders when the summer order banks open up. If I woulda went with the info we had prior to the release of the "Mod tops will be MY22" info, all things being equal, everyone on the list from 7/13 to 9/18 appears to have a shot. I've seen other dealer customers with 8/* dates being scheduled. I am so glad I populated our list with everyone that didn't want to defer with pre 9/18 timestamps. If I didn't, I would seriously worry that my entire allocation would not be built.

/john
I talked to the head of Bronco ordering last week on the dealer council call, and I'll let you in on a little secret, and it's not a popular one. All those orders that are in there from 10-19 that have a top conflict are not going to get pulled.

Furthermore, and here's another kick in the nads, he also told me that all the orders that we sat at 99 2022MY WAIT are all going to have to be redone from scratch because WBDO doesn't have the ability to save the builds currently in there and transition them over to 2022. When I asked him about the amount of work it would require to redo them all, he told me you'd probably want to do a "reconsultation" with all those people anyways to offer them the new options.

That statement prompted my next question, which was what was going to happen to all the 2021 orders that don't make the cut for this year? Will they also need to be redone? He knew where I was going with it by this time, so he said he didn't know. But I know enough about WBDO and know those too are all going to have to be redone.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I talked to the head of Bronco ordering last week on the dealer council call, and I'll let you in on a little secret, and it's not a popular one. All those orders that are in there from 10-19 that have a top conflict are not going to get pulled.
So you are saying a tow package won't get schedule next week, next month?
what about on an FE?

or you mean "TOP" conflict, as in type of top, not highest conflict, like a commodity constraint?

LOL i just want to know if i should remove my tow package

Last edited:
OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Furthermore, and here's another kick in the nads, he also told me that all the orders that we sat at 99 2022MY WAIT are all going to have to be redone from scratch because WBDO doesn't have the ability to save the builds currently in there and transition them over to 2022. When I asked him about the amount of work it would require to redo them all, he told me you'd probably want to do a "reconsultation" with all those people anyways to offer them the new options.

That statement prompted my next question, which was what was going to happen to all the 2021 orders that don't make the cut for this year? Will they also need to be redone? He knew where I was going with it by this time, so he said he didn't know. But I know enough about WBDO and know those too are all going to have to be redone.

Yep and I expected all of the above.

I did not enter in custom builds for ANY of the 99'ers. None. I let it sit at 99 and told them we would revisit in the summer.

I completely expect those thrown out of MY21 to be completely re-dos.

As for 10-19, the info you provided unpins what I said above, 10-19 are all co-equal priorities. Ford is doing the sorting and anything that has a 10-19 on it, will be accepted or declined, based on Ford's set of constraints.

/john

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have ZERO sitting in my queue at 19. There's no reason to leave anything at 19. Ford has stated to me over and over again, 10-19 = same. 99 however, won't get built. Zero chance. 10-19 are available to be built.

/john
Sorry I keep using 19. I'll clarify. If you have any orders sitting in the queue, with priority 10-19, with a dual top selected, or a MOD top selected, and it wasn't fixed, it has ZERO chance of getting built this model year. Sorry if I didn't type that out correctly before.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep and I expected all of the above.

I did not enter in custom builds for ANY of the 99'ers. None. I let it sit at 99 and told them we would revisit in the summer.

I completely expect those thrown out of MY21 to be completely re-dos.

As for 10-19, the info you provided unpins what I said above, 10-19 are all co-equal priorities. Ford is doing the sorting and anything that has a 10-19 on it, will be accepted or declined, based on Ford's set of constraints.

/john
I need to clarify something about 99'ers. A couple of 99'ers were scheduled to be built, but changed their minds, so I had Ford move them back to 99.

/john
Sponsored