JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I read through the thread in its entirety and didn't catch it. But I am human, so if it is listed somewhere and anyone could help me see it, I would certainly be grateful.
Correct. If you switch, this offer applies.

/john
Actually, this is what I was thinking of, but I am 100% positive the deal applies to anyone placing a reservation with Stephens.

I am sure John will address when he returns.
Sponsored

Mhans31b

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Bronco reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection 20200830_082319
Looks like they want you to repay the 100$ deposit. It was my understanding that ford was not requiring this.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20200830_082319.jpg
Looks like they want you to repay the 100$ deposit. It was my understanding that ford was not requiring this.
I think that ford considers the $100 the deposit to have your reservation converted to an order, and will be applied to the final purchase price. (If I’m understanding him correctly, John stated this was the case after speaking with Ford, and they would *not* be requiring an (additional) standard deposit for a build-to-spec order).

The reservation system asked for your dealer because they sent your $100 directly to them. The problem is that they don’t have a way to send that money to a different dealer if you switch. So they have to refund it to the buyer.

Okay, so, now that you’ve switched dealers, but the deposit was refunded, the *new* dealer needs a deposit for an order.

In order to honor your place in line with your reservation, Ford is willing to transfer your reservation number to the new dealer, as long as you pay the new dealer directly. The only other way to get that deposit to the new dealer is to place a new reservation, which would place you at the end of the line.

Without a deposit, they aren’t going to build your Bronco. You can keep your $100, but because it’s required as part of the reservation and ultimately to convert it to an order, you’d effectively be canceling your reserved order.

By requiring you pay it directly, Ford is able to switch your dearer without you losing your place in line, and makes the dealer honor the $100 deposit limit (instead of whatever the dealer normally requires).

This is at least how I’ve interpreted the situation.

Last edited:

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you saying that customers have to pay $265 WV state tax no matter what state the customer is registering in? I'll be registering in Oregon where there is no sales tax - it's amazing. (I'm military stationed over here, that's how I will be able to do this.)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you saying that customers have to pay $265 WV state tax no matter what state the customer is registering in? I'll be registering in Oregon where there is no sales tax - it's amazing. (I'm military stationed over here, that's how I will be able to do this.)
My understanding:

All non x-plan buyers are to pay $265.

That’s a dealer documentation Fee of $250.

The state then charges everyone sales tax on that fee, regardless of your state of residence, which is $15.

The fee plus the tax totals $265.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think that ford considers the $100 the deposit to have your reservation converted to an order, and will be applied to the final purchase price. (If I’m understanding him correctly, John stated this was the case after speaking with Ford, and they would *not* be requiring an (additional) standard deposit for a build-to-spec order).

The reservation system asked for your dealer because they sent your $100 directly to them. The problem is that they don’t have a way to send that money to a different dealer if you switch. So they have to refund it to the buyer.

Okay, so, now that you’ve switched dealers, but the deposit was refunded, the *new* dealer needs a deposit for an order.

In order to honor your place in line with your reservation, Ford is willing to transfer your reservation number to the new dealer, as long as you pay the new dealer directly. The only other way to get that deposit to the new dealer is to place a new reservation, which would place you at the end of the line.

Without a deposit, they aren’t going to build your Bronco. You can keep your $100, but because it’s required as part of the reservation and ultimately to convert it to an order, you’d effectively be canceling your reserved order.

By requiring you pay it directly, Ford is able to switch your dearer without you losing your place in line, and makes the dealer honor the $100 deposit limit (instead of whatever the dealer normally requires).

This is at least how I’ve interpreted the situation.
Please link where all this is stated. I don't think you are correct. A reserve is a reserve. Unless Stephens is requiring the $100 or they won't honor it. Which i didn't see anywhere, and would be pretty disingenuous if it wasn't.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Please link where all this is stated. I don't think you are correct. A reserve is a reserve. Unless Stephens is requiring the $100 or they won't honor it. Which i didn't see anywhere, and would be pretty disingenuous if it wasn't.
My understanding is ZackDanger is basically correct. I believe the second deposit issue has yet to be resolved.

To me the second $100 is not a big deal either way as it goes to the purchase price anyway.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My understanding is ZackDanger is basically correct. I believe the second deposit issue has yet to be resolved.

To me the second $100 is not a big deal either way as it goes to the purchase price anyway.
Not a big deal to me either, but that is something they need to state up front and NOW.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a big deal to me either, but that is something they need to state up front and NOW.
As I said, that is my understanding.

How about I put it this way:

If a $100 deposit is required to make and hold a reservation, and it’s payable to the specific dealer you chose, and by transferring your reservation to a new dealer the original dealer has to refund the initial $100, why *wouldn’t* you need to provide the new dealer with the same $100 deposit?

It’s not an *additional* $100... it’s the *same* $100... Ford just doesn’t have a way for the first dealer to transfer it to the next dealer.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If a $100 deposit is required to make and hold a reservation, and it’s payable to the specific dealer you chose, and by transferring your reservation to a new dealer the original dealer has to refund the initial $100, why *wouldn’t* you need to provide the new dealer with the same $100 deposit?

It’s not an *additional* $100... it’s the *same* $100... Ford just doesn’t have a way for the first dealer to transfer it to the next dealer.
This! That is exactly the way I understood the $100 deposit as well. Ford doesn’t have a way to transfer your $100 when you transfer your existing registration to a new dealer, because your original dealership has that deposit. The original dealer will refund the $100 they are holding at their bank and you have to give your $100 deposit to the new dealer you transfer your existing registration to.

This is the same $100 and confirms your existing registration and your place in line with your new dealership the same way as when you booked your registration online originally.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I'm just saying, a lot of people probably have no idea. I asked this question back when it was stated everyone can switch dealerships one time by October 31st.

Me: "So you switched dealers, Ford refunded you the $100, and you still have your original reserve even though the new dealer got $0.00?"

Reply: "Yes, and new dealerships didn't ask for the $100".

Seemed odd to me and i would think the new dealership should get the $100, but i haven't seen it stated anywhere, nor have i seen dealerships here mention it.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The $100 is for the reservation, there will be a deposit when the order is placed.

I believe that is something that can be arranged. I'll get with our Service department and I am sure they'll begin making preparations for that.

/john
This.

Cmarch0519

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Invoice -$1300.
Maybe I'm wrong, but c played. Is cheaper than invoice, then they would deduct 300.00. .. but at the moment not sure what the xplan is worth to us, correct? So if xplan is only 600.00 cheaper than msrp that would be 600.00+300.00+ 165(we doc free savings) =1065.00 is this correct using my numbers? Or do you think xplan may be 1635+300+165=2100.00 savings(theoretically)??hope this makes sense...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He went back and corrected that statement later in the thread. The $100 is the only “deposit” they need. No additional deposit. That is what I was referencing to in my first reply to you.
Sponsored