Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
McLaren, AMG, Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Are the "rules" for switching during a regular MY the same for when we get a MY switchover (like now from 22->23)? Meaning, say you had a Big Bend ordered in MY22 and re-ordered with a Black Diamond for MY23, does that reset any price protections you may have had, or do any other "order reset" items? I know during the model year it makes a difference for price protection for that year.

I've seen the ultimate flowchart, but not sure about MY switchovers. Thanks.
Sponsored

BroncoNext

Heritage
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon daily driver, ‘78 CJ for fun
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I am an early reservation 99, was waiting for white top/grill, and love the look with cactus gray….. but not crazy about the 8 inch screen on white dash. Will likely still go for a 2 door HE and hope to find an upgrade later.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how many of the 99's will drop out, due to the news of a lack of a black modular hardtop for MY2023. A lot of them had specifically 99'd because of the black modular hardtop.
me :cry:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the "rules" for switching during a regular MY the same for when we get a MY switchover (like now from 22->23)? Meaning, say you had a Big Bend ordered in MY22 and re-ordered with a Black Diamond for MY23, does that reset any price protections you may have had, or do any other "order reset" items? I know during the model year it makes a difference for price protection for that year.

That's the million dollar question that no one has been able to answer yet. WIth ordering starting tomorrow, the lack of clarity is ridiculous.

The flowchart is for MY '22 1/2 so may not apply.

Sponsored

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am an early reservation 99, was waiting for white top/grill, and love the look with cactus gray….. but not crazy about the 8 inch screen on white dash. Will likely still go for a 2 door HE and hope to find an upgrade later.
For the 12” screen? I’ve been saying it since July 2020, it’s incredibly doubtful that the option to buy the OEM 12” screen will ever exist. Plus wiring/modules/trim issues. I think your best bet is to hope an aftermarket 12” screen comes out that is functional.

BroncoNext

Heritage
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon daily driver, ‘78 CJ for fun
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
For the 12” screen? I’ve been saying it since July 2020, it’s incredibly doubtful that the option to buy the OEM 12” screen will ever exist. Plus wiring/modules/trim issues. I think your best bet is to hope an aftermarket 12” screen comes out that is functional.
Yes, definitely doesn’t sound easy from the few threads there’s been on it so far. But hey by the time I get my Heritage in a year or so maybe someone will have figured it out or aftermarket will be available!
just don’t understand why they had to limit the trim/package. Those damn 2020 debut models were such a tease for nice interiors.

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, definitely doesn’t sound easy from the few threads there’s been on it so far. But hey by the time I get my Heritage in a year or so maybe someone will have figured it out or aftermarket will be available!
just don’t understand why they had to limit the trim/package. Those damn 2020 debut models were such a tease for nice interiors.
Agreed the interior was way nicer on the teases. Then locking the 12” screen behind Outer Banks and up was annoying!

Sponsored

2DoorForSure

Heritage
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
McLaren, AMG, Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That's the million dollar question that no one has been able to answer yet. WIth ordering starting tomorrow, the lack of clarity is ridiculous.

The flowchart is for MY '22 1/2 so may not apply.
FYI it looks like the latest communication email with new "Bronco Vehicle Order Holder FAQ" indeed answers this question.

There is indeed MY23 price protection now, which is good. Series switching may be eligible for PP. Switching to Everglades and the Heritage Edition (not Limited Edition) also qualify for price protection.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

There is price protection info in the FAQs. See at link below. I read it as you get price protection for the same vehicle you had in 2022 or if you change to Heritage or Everglades.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...tly-asked-questions/#2023 MY Price Protection

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So does the price protection protect us from the $500+ increase from 2022 to 2023 or the price we were supposed to pay when we ordered on July 13, 2020?

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also, did anyone get a call from John today? I assume I am not in the top 40-50 since I did not hear from him.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ordering system just populated customer names for me in the last 1/2 hour, so, no ordering today. Have an appt tomorrow, so we'll get started first thing Friday morning.

/john
Sponsored