First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, Ford deferred me. I strongly dislike the MIC top. I ordered a Mod top. They said, "too bad, chickie," so now I have to wait for 22.
I can see your point of view on that perspective. Hopefully Webasto will get their act together and you won't have to wait too long into '22.
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm not sure how savvy it is. Travelling 2 days and spending cash on a hotel room/per diem to save $1,000, hummm...
I could make it there and back in the same day but I plan on making it a vacation of some sort. I've driven through there so many times on the highways and the cut through on 19 and always wanted to stop and explore because I think it is the most gorgeous scenery on the East Coast from Buffalo to Florida. It doesn't even matter what time of year you go through there. I'm hoping to explore parts of the Midland trail, the New River Gorge, and maybe even the western end of the Monongahela Forest. Then stopping in Mill Run, Pa (another check on the bucket list) to see Fallingwater before heading back up to Buffalo. I'm not sure exactly what to do there and if anyone familiar can offer up any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could make it there and back in the same day but I plan on making it a vacation of some sort. I've driven through there so many times on the highways and the cut through on 19 and always wanted to stop and explore because I think it is the most gorgeous scenery on the East Coast from Buffalo to Florida. It doesn't even matter what time of year you go through there. I'm hoping to explore parts of the Midland trail, the New River Gorge, and maybe even the western end of the Monongahela Forest. Then stopping in Mill Run, Pa (another check on the bucket list) to see Fallingwater before heading back up to Buffalo. I'm not sure exactly what to do there and if anyone familiar can offer up any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.
My plan as well, scenic route back to FL where I only have to drive 1 way lol. Some people only see one way a thing can be worth while 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully I will get mine in time to road trip for a Bills game this year!

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My issue is Ford lets reservationists choose any dealer they want. Some people live in small rural counties with a single Ford dealership, yet most the the dealer's allocation are to people outside the locality who chase a better deal.
In all of this fog, that is your issue? So I should be forced to buy from my nearest dealer who wouldn’t divulge a price and new nothing about the truck. You should apply for a job with Ford.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, Iowa and West Virginia is about the same distance from me, but the scenery in West Virginia sealed the deal. My wife and I were planning on making it a mini vacation but not sure if that's going to happen since opting for a MY22 gets us a Jan/Feb delivery time. Like you said, it's beautiful no matter what time of the year. If you happen to be going through the area in the spring or summer, check out the whitewater rafting. Simply amazing!

Maybe we could all buy @Efthreeoh a barley pop on the way through so it will turn his frown upside down. :) ;)

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder what the latest reservation time/date is that still fits SACs allocation of 2021s. It has to still be 7/14 but what time I wonder.

Around 5pm or so. It was 7am.

/john

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

damn, good luck man...maybe they get a couple cancellations and you'll squeeze in.

There's a really good chance some folks with Mod tops won't be switching to Mic or Soft, that will slide a few above 91/17 into the mix.

/john

Sponsored
OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm a 7/14 - 3pm reservation and I'm number 93. Missed it by *that* much. I'm also just under an hour from SAC and Bronco John.

Our allocation is 91 and 17, you didn't necessarily "miss it". You're near the edge, but you're not out. Our total allocation was 108, with 14 (if I can recall correctly) FEs in this mix. There's 3 open FE slots. Ford has said they won't be filled by standard editions, but I wonder if that's the case? Things change. Take the 14 from 108 and you get 94.

Cross thine fingers.

/john

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just emailed John to get a clarification. I am a 7/14 reservation. I never found out what my time stamp was. I may have deleted that email (idiot). I think I reserved around 1600. Here is the response from John:

"You are 104 of 108. The 14 FEs we have on our list are included in the 108. "

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just emailed John to get a clarification. I am a 7/14 reservation. I never found out what my time stamp was. I may have deleted that email (idiot). I think I reserved around 1600. Here is the response from John:

"You are 104 of 108. The 14 FEs we have on our list are included in the 108. "

7/14/2020 3:57:46 PM

/john

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in NE Ohio. Plenty of dealerships to choose from but the few that would even get back to me all wanted MSRP. I mapped it out and it will be a 2.5 hour drive each way. I checked about renting a car because Stephens will pick you up from a car rental location. That will cost me around $70. I am saving $3016.00. The way my math works it's like SAC saying come on down and we will give you the sasquatch package and roof rack for free. The only catch is 5 hours of drive time and $70 car rental.

Edit: I did not remember correctly. It will be a 3.5 hour drive. So more like seven hours of my time. It's worth it to me. $430 an hour.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I'll be interested in seeing how some of our fellow members do with a good distance of travel to the border of West Virginia and Ohio to save a few thousand dollars. I've done that sort of thing when I bought my H3T. Traveled from central Virginia upto Baltimore, but I got $10K off MSRP. Baltimore is about a 2-hour trip.

Being that some people believe I'm math challenged, Stephan's is not near a major US airport, which makes flights into Charleston or Huntington pricey and with layovers at hub airports, time consuming. Then there's arranging transportation to the dealership.

If one decides to drive, then that involves a 2nd person for a good 10-hour or more day. It also involves a second vehicle. Or, if one is driving and trading in the vehicle they arrive in, good luck with that. No offense to Stephens, but the day a car dealer gives a customer a good trade value for their trade-in, is the day the Earth gets San Diego weather year round all over the globe. You'll be at the Dealership's mercy. While their up-front deal seems good, the back end of trade value has no guarantee of reasonableness. Not being offensive here, just discussing the realities of business.

For a few thousand more possibly, I'll drive about 15 minutes to my dealership, conduct business, and drive 15 minutes home. Time is money. I get it, most people didn't do well in solving word problems in math class.

Thanks for asking pertinent questions, I'll be happy to field some answers.

First, although we are near a small airport, from many major cities, we have flights that cost as little as $54 $47 one-way to either Huntington (Tri State) or Charleston (Yeager). And, we're picking up our Bronco customers flying into Charleston (FOR FREE!).

As for trades, we're doing remote appraisals of vehicles within 30 days of delivery. If everything is equal, our trade appraisals will hold when the customer arrives OR if we have the customer get the appraisals done at an ACV location, we'll buy the vehicle remotely. As long as the customer is happy with the price they're getting for their trade, that's all that matters for the deal to continue.

As for the drive, many of our customers have made plans to make it a "holiday" trip, take a few days off and drive through some of the most scenic areas of the country that we call home, Wild and Wonderful (and Almost Heaven), West Virginia....

queue the music....

John Denver - Country Roads.

We're also in the heart of Hatfield McCoy Trail Country, where folks can enjoy a peaceful, if not adventurous escape along the trail system in their brand new rides....

A trip to WV is more than just to save money, it's a road-trip worthy of a little extra time, and the bonus is, you can save THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS compared to those "other dealers" charging $$$$ at MSRP or higher.

We appreciate your interest and the opportunity to explain, in detail, some of the finer points of dealing with an honest and reputable dealership.

/john
Sponsored

Last edited: