Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

background, wife had a pretty major surgery, we're getting finances figured out, but..... now we are at the point where I'm beginning in earnest to plan for acquiring a bronco. so I have been contemplating the if's what's and but's for a while, although til now it's all been fantasy BS and now the reality of budgets and stuff is an actual constraining factor in the decision...

right now I'm leaning toward a 4dr BD 2.7 (2.3 auto is a maybe if price becomes an issue) Mid & tow pkg in HPR. I'm thinkin I'll need slide rails with removable steps (I have a daughter with down's that is only 4'8" so the step is a requirement especially when I put some 35's on it). I probably wont do a heavy build as it will only see nominal off-road excursions. Other color options I have considered are EG and VB with an outside chance of CG.

for a bit I was considering a BB SAS and that ~still~ might be on the menu, why should I get a BB Sas over the BD. price wise I'm pretty much out of WT or BL and I'm not a fan of the painted fenders on the OBX, that leaves a BB or BD with some options.

so... options I want:

Auto trans
hoop steps
mid package
tow package
rear locker

any compelling reason to get a BD over a BB at that option level? and should I order vs search for one in stock somewhere? I'm in no hurry and also I refuse to pay ADM, I will go to a dealer a long way away to avoid that BS just on principle even if I spend more in gas/hotel or delivery fees to have it shipped :ROFLMAO:

so what advice does the brethren have for me before I regret somethin 🍻
Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Advanced transfer case is available in the BD without adding SAS. You can get it in the BB if you add SAS.

Might be a factor depending on your climate/driving preferences.

OP
OP
Bonz50

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Advanced transfer case is available in the BD without adding SAS. You can get it in the BB if you add SAS.

Might be a factor depending on your climate/driving preferences.
that's a legit reason to get BD over BB. a non-squatch BD is cheaper than the BB Sas opted how I want it.

Reactions: Fly

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like my BD mostly because of the vinyl seats. They feel extremely comfortable, almost leather like and are super easy to keep clean. I'd think about that, if you plan on getting dirty.

Last edited:

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The marine grade vinyl in the black diamond is fantastic. So is the rubberized flooring IMHO We're lucky enough to have 2 Broncos. 1 Outer Banks V6 and 1 Badlands Manual Trans. As soon as my wife felt and sat in the Badlands with MGV she immediately said "I WANT MGV in mine!" The OBX is hers with cloth interior and Wet Okole neoprene seat covers....

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If budgets are that tight that certain options or trim levels are giving you a concern, I would absolutely pass on getting a bronco At this time. Revisit when things settle down. you want to be able to enjoy your bronco without worrying about your budget.

OP
OP
Bonz50

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ok, so the MGV is quite nice and the BD has rubberized flooring instead of carpet? ok, yall about got me sold on BD non-sas vs the BB Sas. I mean I figure I'm gonna be adding 35's of my choosing anyway and a set of Bilsteins to get the clearance i need.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Out of those two options I would go Black Diamond. As others have said, the washout interior is great, plus the advanced transfer case, and the underbody skid plates. Assuming you will be doing off roading, I think that's the way to go.

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All depends on how you want to use your rig!!!....I went with the BL non sas and 2.3L auto. Have all the good off roading goodies and limited lux items such as the 12" screen and such. The MGV seats are the bomb.....only upgrade I want to do is to a suspension make over (2-3" lift) and put 35's on.....

OP
OP
Bonz50

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If budgets are that tight that certain options or trim levels are giving you a concern, I would absolutely pass on getting a bronco At this time. Revisit when things settle down. you want to be able to enjoy your bronco without worrying about your budget.
na, I hear what you're sayin, believe me, it's not as dire as it sounds. I just realize that there are things that strike fear into the heart of some wives. a 60k plus vehicle is one of those things for my wife. if I were buying no holds barred and damn the torpedos i'd probably end up with a WildTrak to be honest. but my head says I dont need that and it's more want than need. A BadSquatch is probably my ideal but again far more than I need and still mid 60's. I'm not a hard core wheeler so compromising a little is fine for me, I'm totally good with it

Sponsored

Some Gamer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both the MGV and rubberized flooring are absolutely outstanding.

OP
OP
Bonz50

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All depends on how you want to use your rig!!!....I went with the BL non sas and 2.3L auto. Have all the good off roading goodies and limited lux items such as the 12" screen and such. The MGV seats are the bomb.....only upgrade I want to do is to a suspension make over (2-3" lift) and put 35's on.....
i"m always paranoid about a 4cyl when I hook up a trailer. that may be unwarranted tho that's why I'm leaving the 2.3 on the menu.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn't Sasquatch a constraint right now anyway?

OP
OP
Bonz50

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Isn't Sasquatch a constraint right now anyway?
the way I have been reading it that yes it is a constraint for Ford, but again, I dont mind waiting either so it's not a constraint for me.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Generally speaking, I'd advise trying not to get caught up in the functional "arms race" that often occurs around here. Meaning be realistic, and avoid buying functionality you will hardly if ever use.

Unfortunately I think Base is missing in action now. So if some of you're concerns are cost, loading passengers and if it will be mainly a pavement vehicle, maybe consider some other options. At least if not going off-road much, hopefully you will get a lot of top-down use to make it worthwhile?
Sponsored