Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Prices are going down so if you can wait 4-6 months, I think we all will see more normalization of car prices.

You sound like a guy who is handy and mechanically inclined. That being said, these things are so modular that upgrading has been the fun part for me. I wanted more at first and then downgraded to get it faster. Blessing in disguise. Now I'm constantly buying upgrades with I think better parts.

BTW, the 2.3L is very capable. Don't sleep on it. It will get your pricing down a bit and I can't say you'd miss much.

graham5david

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't count out a base Sasquatch. The base interior is very nice and comfortable. I went basesquatch with 2.7 and have zero regrets. I added my own towing package and bumpers.

It's the mist cost effective bronco.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prices are going down so if you can wait 4-6 months, I think we all will see more normalization of car prices.

You sound like a guy who is handy and mechanically inclined. That being said, these things are so modular that upgrading has been the fun part for me. I wanted more at first and then downgraded to get it faster. Blessing in disguise. Now I'm constantly buying upgrades with I think better parts.

BTW, the 2.3L is very capable. Don't sleep on it. It will get your pricing down a bit and I can't say you'd miss much.
I agree on the 2.3L. I tow a pair of snowmobiles with it all winter and the 7MT and it does fine. The trailer is even less aerodynamic than the bronco if you can imagine that.

However, the waiting and prices might come down is a bit of a crap shoot. If recent history is any indication, time is not on your side here. Between MSRP and interest rate increases, the last 6-12 months have been brutal in regards to bronco pricing. If you can find a rig on the lot with MSRP calculated before the latest price increases, that might be worth a look.

Just my 2 cents.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Besides the 2.3l doing just fine towing I gotta tell you the fuel mileage is significantly better than the 2.7, but if you're putting on 35's maybe you don't care. Don't order new rims until you see the BD rims in person. Many of us fell in love with them.

Sponsored

HtownDude

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BaseManQuatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get a base with Sasquatch. It'll have all the capabilities you need (since you said you're not really going to off road heavily) and a lot of bells and whistles still, and it'll be half the price. I love my basequach and also feels good every time I remember what I paid.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i"m always paranoid about a 4cyl when I hook up a trailer. that may be unwarranted tho that's why I'm leaving the 2.3 on the menu.
I have a BB NON-SAS, 2.3 auto, I tow my 17' bass boat month hrs with out any problems with power and or driveability.

OP
OP
Bonz50

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ya, I've spent a LOT of time in the shop and consider myself pretty competent for a shade tree mechanic so the upgrade path isn't a problem and I agree is some of the fun, something I enjoy, turning the wrench a bit is somewhat therapeutic time for me. frankly the only thing I truly dont wanna mess with is putting in a locking diff so that's kind of a 'must have'. which as far as I can see leaves the base model out unless I squatch it.
Sponsored