First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked up my base yesterday. Thing I’d so fun to drive. I have some BD takeoff wheels and tires I’m planning to put on, but I’m surprised at how big it is on the base wheels. Pictures don’t do it justice.
A7BED1B5-DF69-43F3-84BC-148C58F5EB64.jpeg
I agree on how big it is, I will probably end up throwing on larger tires later on but the the clearence you feel on the road is more than I thought it would be.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No I understand they are real, I was getting at those who have complaints of the vehicle being what it is, and not actual faults. I've seen way too many threads about road/wind noise from THIRTY-FIVE inch tires and a car shaped like a brick.
That's fair. My issues are not that. It's the wavy/damaged doors from the factory, the scratched glass on my drivers side rear door, the ripped/split stitching coming out in 4-5x on my soft top, the rusting frame welds, and plastic faring in front of the windshield (reported by IAG) is warping due to heat.

OP
OP
usbplug

usbplug

Base
First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's fair. My issues are not that. It's the wavy/damaged doors from the factory, the scratched glass on my drivers side rear door, the ripped/split stitching coming out in 4-5x on my soft top, the rusting frame welds, and plastic faring in front of the windshield (reported by IAG) is warping due to heat.
We're the early model test dummys 🤷‍♂️ I'd consider them 1st run "battle scars" lol, but it does sound like there will be quite a few recalls. I'm actually surprised about the front faring warping, I'm curious what kind of plastics they've used and if they differ than any other car out there, because I assume all the plastics would be susceptible to that.

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree on how big it is, I will probably end up throwing on larger tires later on but the the clearence you feel on the road is more than I thought it would be.
I put 33' tires on mine, never drove it with the smaller tires. But with the 33's, and the roof rack, this thing is easy to spot in a parking lot. It's really tall. And even though its a 2 door, its a very big SUV

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ordered Oct 15 2021, picked up May 10, 2022

2022 2DR Base 2.7 Oxford White
No extra "market adjustments"

This Bronco has been an absolute treat, and I intend to own it well past its old age. In personal opinion, most, if not all the complaints (not faults, i.e honeycombing) I've seen are ridiculous and un reasonable. The entire roof and doors come off. It's not a fully loaded Honda Odyssey, it's a Bronco, after you realize this everything is fun. I've ridden motorcycles for several years and I get about the same smiles per mile driving the Bronco as I do a bike, but anyways, cheers and I hope you all get to experience it yourself soon.

received_1426434251139833.jpeg
That's a new one for me. Never heard the Bronco referred to as a "fully loaded Honda Odyssey"

Sponsored

zilstershiner

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler, 2007 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No I understand they are real, I was getting at those who have complaints of the vehicle being what it is, and not actual faults. I've seen way too many threads about road/wind noise from THIRTY-FIVE inch tires and a car shaped like a brick.
I think a lot of those type of complaints also come from people with high end trims who forget that a base Bronco is $30,000. They paid twice that because they wanted heated seats, a big screen, and bigger tires, but forgot that adding options doesn’t change the base quality. A Bronco is still a Bronco, whether it cost 30k or 60k.

Bronco4Joe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4x4 Southern Comfort
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't look back on the shit show ford had created fondly at all. Will I enjoy the car sure but if the hold continues might stick with the Wrangler family as they have never done me wrong.
Ford didn't create a pandemic or a chip shortage. I don't think a Bronco is right for you. Maybe you should stick with the Wrangler family.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford didn't create a pandemic or a chip shortage. I don't think a Bronco is right for you. Maybe you should stick with the Wrangler family.
No they didn't but they have allocated improperly. They have pushed builds to the side that didn't deserve to be pushed. They give no information to the people waiting and are willing to spending their money on the vehicles they cast aside. I think the fact that you think that people who were built in January are on "chip hold" don't get their vehicles but people who are just in production last week with the same builds get theirs is okay is beyond me.
My wait has been less than many but to find that mine was pushed another month at least while people in build weeks after mine are getting theirs is ridiculous. Do I ask them to stop production, no but I do ask they complete the cars they have started. 53,000 cars waiting at least. I think Ford has let a lot of people down and to think I'm the only person angry at this point makes you naïve. Go into any build group and you will see many people put on holds that make no sense who are just as mad as I am.

Last edited:
OP
OP
usbplug

usbplug

Base
First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think a lot of those type of complaints also come from people with high end trims who forget that a base Bronco is $30,000. They paid twice that because they wanted heated seats, a big screen, and bigger tires, but forgot that adding options doesn’t change the base quality. A Bronco is still a Bronco, whether it cost 30k or 60k.
Yeah that's very well said, I think for alot of individuals, what you just said should be an entire thread lol. Curious to see how well my transmission holds up and as well as everyone's cameras, e lockers, and doo hickeys

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is that why I got my last 2022 jeep in 2 months...vs what will be a 3 plus year wait for my Bronco. The pandemic??? Surely there must be another reason.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think a lot of those type of complaints also come from people with high end trims who forget that a base Bronco is $30,000.
I literally ordered a $30k base. (A hair over because I chose a $295 paint color)

For $30k Ford could have at least given me a gas tank larger than the Mustang, an actual tach, and a real parking brake. But those are just dumb design choices not QC issues.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I literally ordered a $30k base. (A hair over because I chose a $295 paint color)

For $30k Ford could have at least given me a gas tank larger than the Mustang, an actual tach, and a real parking brake. But those are just dumb design choices not QC issues.
To be fair, a Mustang is 15 inches LONGER than a 2 door Bronco.

The tank in my 4 door is several gallons larger than the tank in my Mustang, despite the 4 door being nearly identical to my Mustang in length and width.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Saw this a lot in the Focus RS community. Yea we paid $40k but at its heart it was an $18,000 economy car. Being expensive and built in Germany wasn't gonna change that.

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

255/70/16 is big. 285/70/17 is ideally big, to me.
Sponsored