First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most people aren't directing their scorn at a new owner. It's at Ford and the build completion process. So yes, I'm annoyed when 50, 100, 1000 of my exact build get built after mine that's parked. No, it's not directed at the consumer. It's at the producer of the good.
What do you hope to accomplish? I placed my reservation in Oct 21
WTF is wrong with people.

I was a day 2 reservation holder. First week order. I just got my Bronco a month ago.

Was I pissed about it taking so long? Yep

Was it a major inconvenience? You bet your ass it was. I had totaled my truck in December of 2020, so we were down a car for 2 years.

But to sit here and pretend that Ford is the only one having issues delivering product without ridiculous delays is just dumb.

A friend of mine ordered a Willy's Wrangler in January. Originally they were told told they would have it in April. They have already been pushed out twice. As of right now they are lucky if they get it in June.

So go ahead and move on to a Jeep. They are special and can deliver tomorrow, unlike the rest of the world. 🙄
Well said, if this isn't an entitlement mentality I don't know what is. Those complaining about their trade loosing value or needing a vehicle, go get something else nobody is forcing you to wait for a Bronco and you certainly are not entitled to one.
Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well said, if this isn't an entitlement mentality I don't know what is. Those complaining about their trade loosing value or needing a vehicle, go get something else nobody is forcing you to wait for a Bronco and you certainly are not entitled to one.
What's worse...whining about not having a Bronco, or whining about people whining about not having a Bronco?

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you hope to accomplish? I placed my reservation in Oct 21

I don't hope to accomplish anything. Just commented on a random post that I saw pop in new posts.. My original opinion stands as my opinion. People can complain about not receiving Broncos if they want to. People can get pissed off at those people if they want to. People should also accept that folks have differing opinions. Pretty boring forum, though, if everyone just held hands and danced around the campfire together.

Congrats to the OP receiving their Bronco.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the best thing I’ve read all day. Had to sell my bike last summer and I’m hoping to replace some of those joy-riding smiles with a Bronco….

….Unfortunately, I continued reading the rest of this thread’s posts and got depressed. This whole thing went downhill real fast.
This thread started with a post of someone thrilled with their base Bronco, and look what happened? Not a good reflection on the Bronco community.
I think a lot of those type of complaints also come from people with high end trims who forget that a base Bronco is $30,000. They paid twice that because they wanted heated seats, a big screen, and bigger tires, but forgot that adding options doesn’t change the base quality. A Bronco is still a Bronco, whether it cost 30k or 60k.
I was behind a Porsche Cayenne a few days ago and was chuckling to myself. I don't care if is plated in gold and decked out with leather and the finest exotic hardwood I wouldn't trade it for for my Bronc.

Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the best thing I’ve read all day. Had to sell my bike last summer and I’m hoping to replace some of those joy-riding smiles with a Bronco….

….Unfortunately, I continued reading the rest of this thread’s posts and got depressed. This whole thing went downhill real fast.
Sorry to hear you sold your bike. Never good when ya do that...

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't hope to accomplish anything. Just commented on a random post that I saw pop in new posts.. My original opinion stands as my opinion. People can complain about not receiving Broncos if they want to. People can get pissed off at those people if they want to. People should also accept that folks have differing opinions. Pretty boring forum, though, if everyone just held hands and danced around the campfire together.

Congrats to the OP receiving their Bronco.
You are absolutely correct, like someone said which is worse whining about not having a Bronco or whining about those whining about not having a Bronco. That said I'm going to drop the top and drive my Bronco home. If you are in the built status you are getting close even if its on the mountain. Pretty sure mine was there for a month or more. I love it, defects and all, wouldn't trade for anything.

OP
OP
usbplug

usbplug

Base
First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Don't lose hope! To share, I ordered the Bronco in Oct, and started to daily ride my bike 24/7/365 until it came. Well fast forward to January I got caught in a bad rainstorm, tried to pull over on the side of the road but ended up laying it down. I decided to sell it, and in a pinch I bought a 2016 Ford Focus. In the midst of that I also refunded my original $500 order from the dealership. I got deployed the week after and came to terms that I'd get a Bronco later in life. I was still receiving emails and to my surprise I noticed I got a shipped email, out of curiosity I emailed the dealer and they were cool enough to still offer me it! I didn't know if I'd return home in time but luckily I leave the service soon enough that I came back the week of delivery! Now everyone has different situations, but the mind has a weird way of creating fate, do what's right for you!

Last edited:

fazer8

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry to hear you sold your bike. Never good when ya do that...
Isn’t that the truth. I swore I never would, but several kids later and I couldn’t justify it for the mileage I was putting on. This is only a temporary break until I get another one down the road, but the Bronco will be fun in the meantime (and fit a baby car seat).

Don't lose hope! To share, I ordered the Bronco in Oct, and started to daily ride my bike 24/7/365 until it came. Well fast forward to January I got caught in a bad rainstorm, tried to pull over on the side of the road but ended up laying it down. I decided to sell it, and the in a pinch I bought a 2016 Ford Focus. In the midst of that I also refunded my original $500 order from the dealership. I got deployed the week after and came to terms that I'd get a Bronco later in life. I was still receiving emails and to my surprise I noticed I got a shipped email, out of curiosity I emailed the dealer and they were cool enough to still offer me it! I didn't know if I'd return home in time but luckily I leave the service soon enough that I came back the week of delivery! Now everyone has different situations, but the mind has a weird way of creating fate, do what's right for you!
Hey, Glad you're alright after laying it down, and awesome twist of fate to get your Bronco!! Thank you for your service!

Sponsored

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This thread started with a post of someone thrilled with their base Bronco, and look what happened? Not a good reflection on the Bronco community.
I think part of the annoyance from some was the title, "They are coming!". For some of us, no, they aren't. I'd never begrudge a new owner enjoying their ride. How could I? All my outrage is directed squarely at Ford. They fucked up this whole process from the start.

That said, it's still pretty hard to see posts like this from people that ordered a full 14-15 _months_ after you and not feel a twinge of jealousy. They are riding around in their new toy and I'm watching interest rates climb which will make mine cost even more over the long run. Assuming it's ever built, of course.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad you had a good experience. I also know many who don't have the same feeling as you. Just because you feel you had a solid experience doesn't mean others have to feel the same way.
I have seen several people who have flat out said they will never buy from Ford after this purchase. The reason those people haven't gone elsewhere is the nonrefundable down payment made as well as the time aren't spent waiting.
Before I get attacked I am reiterating other peoples sentiments. I hope people don't have to deal with long term holds and arbitrary dates given. Personally don't want people to get stuck on mud mountain.
I state an opinion and people vilify me for it. People don't need to agree with me but to belittle me for my opinion shows more on them personally.
Also I ask that you remember. You got your purchase at low interest rates. The people waiting are now seeing increases that are going to hurt a lot more than just time wasted.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
That white 2-door with a 2.7 is the same I ordered (10/23/2021). Hope mine comes soon. I would be interested in the MPG of a base with obviously the 3.73 differential. Most MPG I see is for something with bigger tires and different differential.

Having said that... Ford should fire whoever is in charge of managing customer relations for the Bronco. That person is obviously not doing a good job.

Just think... if you could log on, see where your order was, get a projection of a build date, and follow the order through from start to finish. I mean... that is so 2010 or so. Its like the Gen-1 order system is still in place from the 70s.
Sponsored