First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'd be pushing it. Tongue weight alone is already over the limits of the bronco unloaded. Load it up and even more so.
I think the toung weight is 332lb

Ford Bronco Thinking of buying a R-Pod 189 to tow with my Bronco image
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The worst opinions/advise on this forum are consistently in the towing threads, where safety is involved.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's the numbers for RP-180. So either a typo in the title or you are looking at the wrong page.
His OP was about a 189 and has the correct info for the 189 in it. He's looking to change it after him being notified he'd be over limit.

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to go by Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the trailer, weight of the fully loaded trailer. To calculate tongue weight estimate 10%-15% of the GVWR. Do your own math and don't count on a dealer to sell you the right trailer or weight distributing hitch. We're planning to get one of these R Series: https://safaricondo.com/en/caravanes-alto/

On our Creekside 27BHS, the dealer sold me a cheap 8,000lb/800lb weight distribution hitch (WHD), my trailer is 8,800 GVWR, the 80gal fresh water tank is in front of the axles, it was way off even with a 3500HD. 15% tongue weight, 1,320lbs. Upgraded to the correct WDH a few years later and it now tows like a dream.

Roundrocktx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus is350c, F-150, F-250 on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From experience, I can tell you that tongue weight is a big deal. I pulled my relatively small rv with an f-150 with 2.7L ecoboost. I use a leveling hitch and do everything right. But, my tongue weight is at the limit. It did just fine until I pulled it in the rain. I found driving on the interstate and going around a bend, you could feel the vehicle loose a bit of rip in the front. When you push the limits, you may struggle in an emergency, like braking or having to change direction quickly to avoid an accident or something in the road.

I have no doubt you could pull the trailer, but I can tell you that you would be on edge in high cross winds or the rain. I suggest looking at something a little smaller.
Sponsored