Sponsored

Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares...

Braptor flares preference: Color matched or non-painted?

• Total voters

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think there is a reason Raptor was released with non-painted flares. It’s a big part of the look. Really accentuates the wide, aggressive styling. Pictures can make the black flares look odd at times, but in person, it looks right.

When everyone complained about no painted flare option, Ford gave in and brought it for ‘24. Based on photos I have seen, darker colors like Shelter Green, and Shadow Black look amazing with color-matched flares. The Lighter shades also look good with painted flares as well, but in My honest opinion, black looks better for the lighter shades.

Having said all that, it’s entirely possible I one day see a lighter shade Raptor with color-matched flares and it looks “right “ to me. Hard to judge based solely on photos.

It's funny. When I was waiting patiently for my 23 Braptor order, I read how Ford was going to offer color matched painted flares starting in 24. I won't lie, that sounded great and I almost CXLed my 23 order for a 24, but didn't. Over the past few months, I have seen a few 24 Braptors with painted flares and I must say, I was wrong and glad I didn't back out of my 23. I don't like the painted flares at all. IMO, the flares just blend into the sides now and don't give it the appearance of being as wide or aggressive. Am I the only one? :unsure:
I love the non painted flares more. Now on certain colors the painted looks great but overall i prefer the black
I might be bias, but do like the painted flares on my Shelter Green. But just like everything, it's all personal opinion. Love the one you own.

43426.jpeg
Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m in the standard black flares camp, but I’ve also removed the mud flap extensions on the flares, the front bumper air dams, ditched those big ole steps for some body hugging RCI sliders and replaced the rear bumper with an ADD Rock fighter. IMO, all this makes subtraction the truck look way less chunky and more “athletic”. Besides, I’ve scratched up my flares a lot already, painted wouldn’t work for me.

But the only opinion that matters is your own.

IMG_0548.jpeg

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m in the standard black flares camp, but I’ve also removed the mud flap extensions on the flares, the front bumper air dams, ditched those big ole steps for some body hugging RCI sliders and replaced the rear bumper with an ADD Rock fighter. IMO, all this makes subtraction the truck look way less chunky and more “athletic”. Besides, I’ve scratched up my flares a lot already, painted wouldn’t work for me.

But the only opinion that matters is your own.

IMG_0548.jpeg
And you wrapped your “gills” (which I like), and that emphasizes the contrast. Agree with you on all points.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was in the painted flares camp for a while, but after 6 months of ownership and seeing how much splash back the flares get, I'm glad they aren't painted - the painted flares will be chipped and scratched in no time..

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If I didn't off road one, I would go painted. My original plan was a partial color blend to black on the flair, but glad I didn't go that route. Currently I have my rears with PPF and satin black wrapped. My two fronts are only satin black wrapped to have all four matched. My new route of protection is wrap vs PPF on the flares as its much cheaper to maintain like getting them redone annually if needed.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My preference.
Ford Bronco Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares... RaptorTopless

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

<flame suit on>
I like the painted flares for a mall crawler but the black plastic for the off-road stuff.

My Braptor isn’t my DD and I enjoy taking out on the trails as well as to dinner to get a reaction from the valet.

Painted or not, it’s all about the use case…
Ford Bronco Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares... 8815F07E-BAA0-4AE4-AF33-33844AF6501E

roadsterlife

Raptor
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Miata, BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 23 so am biased but I do prefer the contrasting color. With that said, I do think the color matched looks great on some colors like black and shelter green.

Greekbull

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor...shopping
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it depends on the color. Shelter Green looks great! Didn't like the Cactus Grey one I saw in person. Thought the 23 looked better in that color IMO. But also off roading changes that. Wonder if PPF will protect the paint well?

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here’s a side by side, including painted roof.
Ford Bronco Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares... IMG_0583
Ford Bronco Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares... IMG_0581
Ford Bronco Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares... IMG_0582
Ford Bronco Thoughts on color matched painted Braptor flares versus black flares... IMG_5336
Sponsored