Sponsored

Thoughts on Ford Pass Rewards Credit Card?

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think that's how it works - at least, that's not how most points-systems work. When they say "earn 1% back in points" it means earn 1% of the value of the purchase back in points. So, 1% on $1000 is obviously $10. At 20 points for dollar, you'd earn 200 points for your $1000 purchase.

Disclaimer: I don't have a FordPass CC nor have I read the details of their program, but up front I'd guess this is the approach. It's how American Express, for example, advertises their points.
Thanks. That would definitely make it more competitive.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I want to do this, but I've never received a CC with a 20k limit before. And my credit isn't half bad

Does the Ford CC have higher ceilings or something?
Had mine since last summer when it came out and I will say high limit is available. I already have Ford's and points so racking them up plus the down payment deal they are doing which I am using for the Bronco other than accessories. I have 780+ cc score.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think that's how it works - at least, that's not how most points-systems work. When they say "earn 1% back in points" it means earn 1% of the value of the purchase back in points. So, 1% on $1000 is obviously $10. At 20 points for dollar, you'd earn 200 points for your $1000 purchase.

Disclaimer: I don't have a FordPass CC nor have I read the details of their program, but up front I'd guess this is the approach. It's how American Express, for example, advertises their points.
I pulled the brochure out of my desk organizer...

You get 10 Fordpass points just for any service at a Ford dealership...

Then, you get 5% back in points on the card for any Ford Dealership purchase. 3% back in points on gas, auto insurance, tolls, parking and dining. 1% back in points on all other purchases.

Automatic special APR financing every time you use your visa for Ford Dealership purchases of $499 or more.

$100 Statement credit for $3K within first 3 billing cycles.

All of these things stack.

Sooo... I got 11K points for initial purchase, $100 statement credit, and 5% back in the purchase because it was at a Ford dealership.

I won't see the points until the billing cycle finishes, but I basically just got a lot of points, plus, tack on the points when my Bronco arrives, I'll have some points. I can use those points to buy service, accessories, or whatever I want, but they won't become cash, so you kind of have to use them at the Ford joint.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Then, you get 5% back in points on the card for any Ford Dealership purchase. 3% back in points on gas, auto insurance, tolls, parking and dining. 1% back in points on all other purchases.

Automatic special APR financing every time you use your visa for Ford Dealership purchases of $499 or more.

Sooo... I got 11K points for initial purchase, $100 statement credit, and 5% back in the purchase because it was at a Ford dealership.

I won't see the points until the billing cycle finishes, but I basically just got a lot of points, plus, tack on the points when my Bronco arrives, I'll have some points. I can use those points to buy service, accessories, or whatever I want, but they won't become cash, so you kind of have to use them at the Ford joint.
Yep. I play the points games with credit cards a decent amount, and for Ford services, this looks like a solid deal. The 1% back isn't enough for me to use it for everyday purchases, but if I get it I'll be happy to spend $3k to get that initial bucket of points and use it for all Ford purchases going forward.

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want to do this, but I've never received a CC with a 20k limit before. And my credit isn't half bad

Does the Ford CC have higher ceilings or something?
I got the Ford CC after getting the Raptor last year. Started with a $25k limit and some points.
Got a couple hundred $ back from hitting certain spending targets, and a bunch of points after dealer maintenance visits.
In my opinion it is not very clear what value the points have, what they can be used on or how to use them.

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. I play the points games with credit cards a decent amount, and for Ford services, this looks like a solid deal. The 1% back isn't enough for me to use it for everyday purchases, but if I get it I'll be happy to spend $3k to get that initial bucket of points and use it for all Ford purchases going forward.
That is exactly what I'm doing. :)

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It's actually really smart, most especially with the Bronco. Because the Bronco is designed in such a way that you'll want to accessorize it and modify it over time. That means more frequent trips to the dealership, where with other cars you might want to avoid the dealership 🙂

So having a card designed to "give back" to your Bronco and your inevitable purchases for it, makes for a nice relationship. As long as you manage the payments and billing cycles properly and pay it off.

I think you guys just convinced me to get this card.

I'll use it primarily for gas, dealership purchases, and heck might even add it to my down payment of the Bronco to get a Jumpstart on points 👍🏾

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got one and have been building up points to use for accessories towards the Bronco. I went in this past weekend to buy a Ford Escape Hybrid and they wouldn't let me use it as a down payment method for the car which ticked me off because I thought you could use it towards new car purchases. I haven't actually used any points so I am not sure how I can work it out with the dealership when I take delivery of the Bronco but in theory its still good. I mostly use it for gas and groceries. I did get the extra bonus points and they just game me a credit line increase which is nice. I would think that if you manage cards well then it would be worth it but I wouldn't put it up there with the best rewards program.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got one and have been building up points to use for accessories towards the Bronco. I went in this past weekend to buy a Ford Escape Hybrid and they wouldn't let me use it as a down payment method for the car which ticked me off because I thought you could use it towards new car purchases. I haven't actually used any points so I am not sure how I can work it out with the dealership when I take delivery of the Bronco but in theory its still good. I mostly use it for gas and groceries. I did get the extra bonus points and they just game me a credit line increase which is nice. I would think that if you manage cards well then it would be worth it but I wouldn't put it up there with the best rewards program.
Yes that's surprising that you couldn't use it.
Says right here that you can

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Ford Pass Rewards Credit Card? Screenshot_20210615-141026_Edge

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, quick update... Since my wife bought a Lincoln, I have both Lincoln Pass and Ford Pass now. Those two are separate.

Just from buying the Lincoln and playing with the phone app to unlock doors and stuff, I got 50,000 Lincoln Pass points, which is enough for the first four services on my wife's fancy Lincoln. I won't be paying for service for a couple of years just with the points from the vehicle purchase.

The FordPass points for using the credit card will go toward the Ford Pass side - the two are separate programs, but similar. I'm good with that because I'll use the points to buy stuff for my Bronco. She averages about 6k miles a year. I drive a lot more than she does, and let's face it, accessories for a Lincoln are not nearly as much fun as ones for a Bronco.

I hadn't even thought about the Ford Pass points I get for the purchase, but I should be north of 100,000 points after purchase what with bonus points on the card and bonus points for the Bronco delays, so that'll be a nice bonus. I'll probably set the insurance to the card (3% back) and I'll keep using my regular gas cards for gas since I get a .05/gallon discount on gasoline at Chevron and 76 by using their gas cards.

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another update... I used my Fordpass credit card for the down payment on my wife's Lincoln to hit the amount I needed to get the bonus points. The statement just released, so the points were released into my account.

I now have 50,000 Lincoln Access Points (for purchase of the Lincoln, not from a card).
I now have 42,851 FordPass Rewards Points (from using my card for the down payment).

The $3177.40 I put on the down at the dealership translated into 31,774 FordPass points, plus the first purchase bonus and a couple of little things like a stop at Chick-Fil-A on the way home.

Figure a routine services is around 11K points (probably a bit more for full synthetic, which I'll use), I have my first few services already covered for the Bronco and the wife's Lincoln. I don't think it's worth it to use it at other places, but using the card at the dealership turned into real money.

I was chatting with the service manager at the Lincoln dealership and he said I could use the Lincoln paints on Bronco stuff if I want. Neat. :cool:

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Another update... I used my Fordpass credit card for the down payment on my wife's Lincoln to hit the amount I needed to get the bonus points. The statement just released, so the points were released into my account.

I now have 50,000 Lincoln Access Points (for purchase of the Lincoln, not from a card).
I now have 42,851 FordPass Rewards Points (from using my card for the down payment).

The $3177.40 I put on the down at the dealership translated into 31,774 FordPass points, plus the first purchase bonus and a couple of little things like a stop at Chick-Fil-A on the way home.

Figure a routine services is around 11K points (probably a bit more for full synthetic, which I'll use), I have my first few services already covered for the Bronco and the wife's Lincoln. I don't think it's worth it to use it at other places, but using the card at the dealership turned into real money.

I was chatting with the service manager at the Lincoln dealership and he said I could use the Lincoln paints on Bronco stuff if I want. Neat. :cool:
Nice! Thanks for the update

Stojanowski

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was thinking of getting it and doing the same thing especially since we will have a bronco and raptor

Trav

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Was gonna get one and use it for a down payment to get the incentives. Glad I emailed my dealer before applying for it because they said they wouldn't accept any credit cards for a down payment, even the Ford one.

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Was gonna get one and use it for a down payment to get the incentives. Glad I emailed my dealer before applying for it because they said they wouldn't accept any credit cards for a down payment, even the Ford one.
Hmmmm.. that’s interesting. It even says it on the Ford pass site.. “use it on a new vehicle purchase”

B7D0B65E-F4F2-420A-B0F5-A5708F5846EF.png
Sponsored