Sponsored

Threadlocker or loctite for bumper installs?

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all, for those of you going with after market bumpers (or doing capable to modular bumper swaps), are you using any sort of threadlocker on the main fasteners? Wasn't worried about anything coming loose if it was torqued to spec, just didn't know if corrosion could be a major concern in those spots, especially living in a snowy/rainy climate.
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like to use either anti-seize or thread lock on fasteners (not that I always do) Both give some corrosion protection. Blue threadlock is easier to break loose than rust.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m a fan of blue locker. But I never really considered it anti corrosion, although I guess it would to some extent.

Antiseize is better (big fan of the copper stuff - donā€™t have to worry about temps) if you are concerned about corrosion but it does nothing to keep the bolt tight - in fact it may make it come loose worse if not used with lock washer. You can slather anti seize over the entire bolt without concern, whereas with blue locker it does make it a challenge to get back apart.
Sponsored

Last edited: