Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I imagine it is the same on the Bronco, but on the Mustang the 302 came out mid year 68, so there is both 289 and 302 68 Mustangs.
I *think* it was a year later on the Bronco. I've got a late '69 sport with a 302, but I think early '69's still had the 289.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched that entire commercial then YT put this in my suggested videos. A vintage Bronco Sport commercial , lol.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I recall those longer commercials were shown as fillers before and after sporting events and other live shows that weren't always planned to the millisecond. Usually they were general subjects like "learn to fly" and "natural gas the future of energy", basically infomercials.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched that entire commercial then YT put this in my suggested videos. A vintage Bronco Sport commercial , lol.

OMG, they nailed the salesman stereotype, didn't they? 💀

Last edited:

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

obviously the answer to my question.... which then elicits the next obvious question......

As a vehicle designer, where do you place the spare or do you run with no spare?
I had a couple of Scout II's with the spare mounted to the side between the rear seat and tailgate. There was a bit more room for that in the Scout.
31" rubber was also pretty massive by the standards of the times. 78 series on 15" rims!
A tailgate did give you a place to sit and a bit more load space, but having done both I like the swing gate.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still kick my own ass about the 66 3 speed I passed on at the Carlisle PA car show about 5 years ago. Never touched, 2 family owned, mint green, just a nice clean vehicle $16,000.

within about 5-8 months broncos we’re doubling in prices in our area. If was damned pretty.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I *think* it was a year later on the Bronco. I've got a late '69 sport with a 302, but I think early '69's still had the 289.
Correct. The first year that a Bronco had the 302 as an option was in 1969.

All 66-77 Broncos had the Lap Belts.

There were 3 different Spare Tire Mounts for the Early Bronco.

The earlier ones had the (1) inside the tailgate tire mount and also on the (2) outside passenger side with what was called a Ranch Hand. This mount held the tire out of the way of the tailgate. The spare tire mount actually would swing around to the passenger side and mount to the passenger rear quarter panel. The third tire mount on the Tailgate is the one we are most familiar that swings out to the side before lowering the tailgate.

You will also notice that the License plate itself had spring hinge. When the tailgate was down, you adjusted the license plate so it could still be seen from behind.

Last edited:

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Correct. The first year that a Bronco had the 302 as an option was in 1969.

All 66-77 Broncos had the Lap Belts.

There were 3 different Spare Tire Mounts for the Early Bronco.

The earlier ones had the (1) inside the tailgate tire mount and also on the (2) outside passenger side with what was called a Ranch Hand. This mount held the tire out of the way of the tailgate. The spare tire mount actually would swing around to the passenger side and mount to the passenger rear quarter panel. The third tire mount on the Tailgate is the one we are most familiar that swings out to the side before lowering the tailgate.

You will also notice that the License plate itself had spring hinge. When the tailgate was down, you adjusted the license plate so it could still be seen from behind.
Wasn’t there also a bulkhead spare mount for the U14’s and U15’s with the bench seat? Seems like I’ve seen that before, but not sure it was a factory option.

One of my favorite things about the uncut EB’s is the flat top look with the top off. Not really the safest thing in a crash, but it looks awesome!

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wasn’t there also a bulkhead spare mount for the U14’s and U15’s with the bench seat? Seems like I’ve seen that before, but not sure it was a factory option.

One of my favorite things about the uncut EB’s is the flat top look with the top off. Not really the safest thing in a crash, but it looks awesome!

Yep! The Bulk Head mount as well from the factory. Mount a Toggle Bolt through the tire with a plate to tighten it down with.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep! The Bulk Head mount as well from the factory. Mount a Toggle Bolt through the tire with a plate to tighten it down with.
Knew I’d seen EB’s with that config, but never seen one in person. Couldn’t remember for sure if that was a factory option or just a popular owner mod.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for sharing this awesome video.! Love the Bronco helping out broke down Chevys and Mopars.! :ROFLMAO:

Rbuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It pretty much looks like everyone's off-roading YouTube videos. And they didn't have any drones back then! How did they get that aerial shot before the rapids part?
Sponsored