Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Memories,

I had a 71 with a 302, 3 speed hurst on the floor, a 9" rear and a 44 up front, a 2" rancho lift and a ramsey rep 8000. That thing was bullet proof, I think I sold it for $4500 in the early 90s, light sea foam and a white top.

I also had a 76 with 302, auto, 9", 44 air conditioning, cruise control and dual tanks. It was painted a metallic blue. I think I sold it for $5500.

Also a 67, 69, 74 and parts galore.

I find it Ironic that the Bronco was stronger than the Jeep then, now I think the Jeep has it beat from the factory. I will gladly take a 9" rear and a 44 straight axle up front.

But...none of them ran straight down the road at 80 with the tunes cranked up with the ac blowing and heated seats.

Salt
Ya know if you're running the AC you should probably turn the heated seats off, JK.

Love your Bronco memories. I too have had several (if you include Bronco IIs). Sold my last uncut '66 fifteen or so years ago for $2500, sad.
Sponsored

Zybore

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2024
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
obviously the answer to my question.... which then elicits the next obvious question......

As a vehicle designer, where do you place the spare or do you run with no spare?
On my 72 it was mounted inside to the tailgate behind the rear seat.

Bronco Master

Base
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2017 Ford Superduty F-250 STX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a swingout carrier like the Bronco did for ages.
That would get old real fast having to swing the tire carrier every time, just to drop the gate.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting that! I still have my dad's original '68 Bronco (he bought it new in the fall of '67). So many memories. That Bronco could go anywhere and NEVER left us (or me) stranded. I'm still waiting to see how my '23 Badlands compares. No doubt more comfortable but the old Broncos where unstoppable off-road. I'll be anxious to compare with time. I know what my '68 can do!

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"other options include...a radio!" 😄

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BB 4D, '97 BMW 323ti, '90 Miata, '02 NSX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This was a refreshing reminder of how the world used to be. Back in the days of whitewater rafting with no helmet in your “casual” button-down plaid shirt, no seatbelts, and no cares. And that soundtrack!

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They literally beat the Hell out of that Roadster when it posed for the commercials.

I still have a 66 Roadster. 3 other early Broncos as well at various stages of restoration.

They don't compare at all to the new ones, but they a lot easier to work on.

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really like the first generation Bronco, I hope Ford doesn't move from that design.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my 72 it was mounted inside to the tailgate behind the rear seat.
Easy to do when tires were tiny. I want to see them figure that out with a 35. 😁
That would get old real fast having to swing the tire carrier every time, just to drop the gate.
And right there is the reason we have a swing gate.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was a refreshing reminder of how the world used to be. Back in the days of whitewater rafting with no helmet in your “casual” button-down plaid shirt, no seatbelts, and no cares. And that soundtrack!
I didn't wear a helmet when we went white water rafting in '83, and that was with a guide (you'd think they would have mandated that for insurance). No helmets when biking, riding skate boards, or doing just about anything else other than playing baseball. So, I guess helmets came sometime after that.

As for seat belts, I believe they were required since '66, so the Bronco would have had them, but in true American fashion, they weren't being used in the ad (it slows down the pace of the film to show them buckling up). The '60s and '70s were an era where one might ride on mom's lap in the front seat while dad drove. I can't imagine bouncing around off-road like they did and trying to hang on for dear life in a doorless Bronco without wearing them. :LOL:

OP
OP

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn't wear a helmet when we went white water rafting in '83, and that was with a guide (you'd think they would have mandated that for insurance). No helmets when biking, riding skate boards, or doing just about anything else other than playing baseball. So, I guess helmets came sometime after that.

As for seat belts, I believe they were required since '66, so the Bronco would have had them, but in true American fashion, they weren't being used in the ad (it slows down the pace of the film to show them buckling up). The '60s and '70s were an era where one might ride on mom's lap in the front seat while dad drove. I can't imagine bouncing around off-road like they did and trying to hang on for dear life in a doorless Bronco without wearing them. :LOL:
I remember we would tuck the seatbelts away between the seats just to get them out of the way. Think they were all just lap belts back then (60’s)? 70’s we started to see the shoulder belts come in to play? I was mostly a “backseat rider” in those days…I know those were just lap belts.
Sponsored