Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It pretty much looks like everyone's off-roading YouTube videos. And they didn't have any drones back then! How did they get that aerial shot before the rapids part?
Helicopters. Either hanging a guy out an open door (it looks like 16mm film, non-sound sync Arri 16 you could lodge in your lap/arm) or I believe Wescam's were out around that time. Those are the pods with the cameras that hang down.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It pretty much looks like everyone's off-roading YouTube videos. And they didn't have any drones back then! How did they get that aerial shot before the rapids part?
Helicopter. This was an expensive film to make, considering all the shots, locations, actors, vehicles, etc.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, because you don't mount the tire to the tailgate... Lol
If it was a tailgate mount spare you did. The swinging spare holder didn't appear until 68'. 66 and 67 only had the inside tailgate mount or on the back of the bulk head behind the passenger seat, which was only available if you didn't have a rear seat.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is one sweet looking 1G.... A little confused.... wasn't the last year for the 289 1967? 302 came out in 68....
But you have the amber side markers that came out in 68.... No side markers in 67 I think???
The 289 was available in March 66' and then discontinued in the bronco after 68'. 302 or 170 6cyl was the lineup for the 69'.

Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great old video,I'm so attracted by the simplicity of the 1st gen im sure in all those years since introduction there are alot of improvements ...like no water temp gauge🙈

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still have the vacuum wipers on it?
It does and they do work. I have them running on manifold vacuum vs the special fuel pump (which I still have). I had to go to a regular fuel pump as I added power steering and the vacuum pump wouldn't fit.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Memories,

I had a 71 with a 302, 3 speed hurst on the floor, a 9" rear and a 44 up front, a 2" rancho lift and a ramsey rep 8000. That thing was bullet proof, I think I sold it for $4500 in the early 90s, light sea foam and a white top.

I also had a 76 with 302, auto, 9", 44 air conditioning, cruise control and dual tanks. It was painted a metallic blue. I think I sold it for $5500.

Also a 67, 69, 74 and parts galore.

I find it Ironic that the Bronco was stronger than the Jeep then, now I think the Jeep has it beat from the factory. I will gladly take a 9" rear and a 44 straight axle up front.

But...none of them ran straight down the road at 80 with the tunes cranked up with the ac blowing and heated seats.

Salt
I can relate to your comments. I learned to drive on a 69 half cab with that high output inline 6 (hehehe), No power anything! I thought it was normal that you just had to fight the steering wheel to keep it in your lane. Was not until my 75 and 76 Broncos did I start getting all the power brakes and steering. The folks who complain of the road manners of a solid front axle on a modern Jeep really have no idea how far it's come since the early days of a Bronco or an old CJ.

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great commercial. It’s been said on the forum many times that most of the people that have Broncos probably don’t need all of the advanced off road stuff, big tires, etc. I agree, and think the 1 G Broncos would fit the bill perfectly well with maybe some of the modern safety features/conveniences. I’d personally sacrifice the 32s in the black diamond to have a tailgate and a fun romper.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe there was a 1G Bronco without any doors! Didn't realize that was legal back in the 60s to have a car with no doors

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe there was a 1G Bronco without any doors! Didn't realize that was legal back in the 60s to have a car with no doors
If anything, laws generally become more restrictive, rather than less so. Don't forget about the Myers Manx and other vehicles. Lap belts weren't even required to be installed until '66. 😳
Sponsored