Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those of you with some decent miles already, are you noticing the rears wearing faster or is it pretty equal all around?
Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you asking about wear patterns without rotations?
Edge wear?
Each tire tread has its own characteristics too.
I think 3-5000 miles between rotations with mud or all terrains is necessary for max life and noise reduction. Pressure is also huge and varies with load.

I think factory pressures are causing excessive center wear. 39 is factory. I was running like 36 psi with 285/75/17 BFG KO2 on Capable wheels 17x8 and still think that may have been too high. Maybe 33 cold? Mostly unloaded. Maybe 100 lbs in the back of trail tools. I’m 220 ish?

I recently switched to 315/70/17 E Falken AT3W.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curious, what does the door jamb chart show as the correct pressure for a non SAS A/T tire, like on a Big Bend with the standard rims/tires? Thanks.
I have seen many new vehicles (mine and friends) delivered with way too much pressure. Affects the ride and handling.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you asking about wear patterns without rotations?
Edge wear?
Each tire tread has its own characteristics too.
I think 3-5000 miles between rotations with mud or all terrains is necessary for max life and noise reduction. Pressure is also huge and varies with load.

I think factory pressures are causing excessive center wear. 39 is factory. I was running like 36 psi with 285/75/17 BFG KO2 on Capable wheels 17x8 and still think that may have been too high. Maybe 33 cold? Mostly unloaded. Maybe 100 lbs in the back of trail tools. I’m 220 ish?

I recently switched to 315/70/17 E Falken AT3W.
I agree on factory pressure being too high, mine are at 40 give or take depending on temp and I think I already see cupping starting at 1800 miles.

What I'm fishing for is what kind of variance are we seeing at that first rotation, are the steer tire worn more, the drive tires, or pretty even?

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took delivery of my Big Bend today & the tires were at 44PSI from the dealer. Way too bouncy of a ride for my taste. Definitely adjusting them tomorrow.

Sponsored
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have just about 5000 miles on mine and the front two are scalloping on the outside. Gonna take it is and just change oil and do 5 tire rotation. I did every 5 on my wrangler and they all stayed pretty good. The independent and this thread pattern is ideal for scallops. I will ask the the dealer what they think, but it think they will tell me all is good.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have just about 5000 miles on mine and the front two are scalloping on the outside. Gonna take it is and just change oil and do 5 tire rotation. I did every 5 on my wrangler and they all stayed pretty good. The independent and this thread pattern is ideal for scallops. I will ask the the dealer what they think, but it think they will tell me all is good.
Thanks, this is just the content I was looking for.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Approaching 9000 miles. Most highway, but a good deal of rocky off roading. Some lugs damaged, which isn't unexpected. I rotated at 5000 and am planning to do so at 10,000. I run them at 38 cold. Wear appears even on all four, no extra inner or outer wear on the fronts.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did both my rotations at 5k and 10k.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

At 14k miles, I have very slight wear in the center portion of the tread. I have had my factory Goodyear 35" tires at 35 psi cold since new after noticing so many with worn tread centers from running too hight of pressure. After 5k miles (and 2 rotations) I lowered my pressure to 32 cold. Tires are wearing very evenly now and didn't see much of a mileage hit. I adjusted my TPMS settings with Forscan to keep the TPMS light off when it gets cold outside (32 is where my TPMS light used to illuminate). No unusual tread wear.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.