Reaction score
Website
tomsoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is the software good to go on the FAD delete for those of us with FAD? I'm all in on the 5.13s when available. Will you also sell the ring gear set for the stock rear axle? Will we need a new front drive shaft?
We have the matching gear sets on order with Dana, with etas. We will post updates as soon as we have firm shipping information! The stock front drive shaft can be used
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the software good to go on the FAD delete for those of us with FAD? I'm all in on the 5.13s when available. Will you also sell the ring gear set for the stock rear axle? Will we need a new front drive shaft?
Yes, you will need a new, shorter, drive shaft as the input on the 210 is closer to the transfer case than the 190.

JoeOffRoad

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tomsoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, you will need a new, shorter, drive shaft as the input on the 210 is closer to the transfer case than the 190.
Well now I need to follow up with our guys at Dana. It was presented that there is a difference, but was within travel limits of the factory shaft. We will get that information and have it added to our site. Thank you for the feedback!

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well now I need to follow up with our guys at Dana. It was presented that there is a difference, but was within travel limits of the factory shaft. We will get that information and have it added to our site. Thank you for the feedback!
I'm close to 1000 miles on a m210 swap with a factory m190 driveshaft and no issues so far. I think it was originally thought we'd need a new one but it is within the range of travel as a few of us have found out. Can't hurt to verify with Dana for peace of mind

I did have to slip the driveshaft into the flange while the FDU was loose/on a Jack and angled a bit to clear but it was a few mm difference from the m190.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm close to 1000 miles on a m210 swap with a factory m190 driveshaft and no issues so far. I think it was originally thought we'd need a new one but it is within the range of travel as a few of us have found out. Can't hurt to verify with Dana for peace of mind

I did have to slip the driveshaft into the flange while the FDU was loose/on a Jack and angled a bit to clear but it was a few mm difference from the m190.
I know when I did mine the shafts were roughly 2" in length differences with the M210 being the shorter one.

I guess I have a spare shaft if the 190 one works! Yay for me!

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have the matching gear sets on order with Dana, with etas. We will post updates as soon as we have firm shipping information! The stock front drive shaft can be used
How about the computer fix for the FAD delete? I don’t want to rig up my old FAD to get 4WD to work.

I’ve got the driveshaft recall, so I guess I need to do that before the swap.

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know when I did mine the shafts were roughly 2" in length differences with the M210 being the shorter one.

I guess I have a spare shaft if the 190 one works! Yay for me!
wow really? That's kinda concerning me lol I'm just going off feel and what it was like when I pulled it apart. My m190 driveshaft barely cleared the driveshaft flange with the m190 fdu in place and I'd say it was 1/8" or less from clearing with the m210 bolted in. I had to break the mount bolts loose and rock it up a little bit and it slipped together.

i haven't had any issues mechanically (knock on wood right)

How about the computer fix for the FAD delete? I don’t want to rig up my old FAD to get 4WD to work.

I’ve got the driveshaft recall, so I guess I need to do that before the swap.
The Ford Procal tune takes care of the FAD delete now, when you update the device it asks you if you've done an axle swap and will download additional data to flash the dlcm. It was fairly straightforward

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wow really? That's kinda concerning me lol I'm just going off feel and what it was like when I pulled it apart. My m190 driveshaft barely cleared the driveshaft flange with the m190 fdu in place and I'd say it was 1/8" or less from clearing with the m210 bolted in. I had to break the mount bolts loose and rock it up a little bit and it slipped together.

i haven't had any issues mechanically (knock on wood right)

The Ford Procal tune takes care of the FAD delete now, when you update the device it asks you if you've done an axle swap and will download additional data to flash the dlcm. It was fairly straightforward
How did you go about hooking up the locker?

Edit to add: I wouldn't be too concerned. After I read your post, I went out and checked my 190 drive shaft and it had roughly 4" from fully collapsed to fully extended.

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How did you go about hooking up the locker?
Lol long story short I've been trying to get my FDU warrantied for almost 2 weeks because they shipped it with a defective locker. I have no resistance between the two pins. Thought it was an issue on my end at first but I've checked and double checked everything. I have 12v at the plug and it pops a fuse as soon as it's plugged in.

Something internal is grounded or shorted together, but ford performance is just telling me it's a "known problem" and to wait for further guidance from them. They are saying a few people are having the same issue as me, but I really doubt it unless there was a bad batch of lockers put out.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol long story short I've been trying to get my FDU warrantied for almost 2 weeks because they shipped it with a defective locker. I have no resistance between the two pins. Thought it was an issue on my end at first but I've checked and double checked everything. I have 12v at the plug and it pops a fuse as soon as it's plugged in.

Something internal is grounded or shorted together, but ford performance is just telling me it's a "known problem" and to wait for further guidance from them. They are saying a few people are having the same issue as me, but I really doubt it unless there was a bad batch of lockers put out.
So yours came with a harness? The reason I'm asking is I got mine from a doner vehicle and Ford wants $100 for that pig tail, 4" of wire and plug. I ended up buying the harness and SIMA/hero switch from a Sasquatch Big Bend VIN. Hopefully I'll be able to integrate it like that factory has it.

What programming was done or was it just harness and switch?

Sponsored

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So yours came with a harness? The reason I'm asking is I got mine from a doner vehicle and Ford wants $100 for that pig tail, 4" of wire and plug. I ended up buying the harness and SIMA/hero switch from a Sasquatch Big Bend VIN. Hopefully I'll be able to integrate it like that factory has it.

no mine didn't and ford performance was no help there either lol here's the correct connector but it's still only 4" of wire.

Ford Bronco TOMS OFFROAD | Dana Spicer - In Stock! EA9D58F2-6765-4F2C-8167-B659EBA1C97E

it is expensive for what it is, this was the cheapest I could find. And according to the wire diagrams I downloaded the sima switch is just canbus. So it should swap out and then just be a matter of programming/adding the right wires to the right modules. The awd module gets signal from the gateway module and controls the tcase position switch, both lockers, and the fad unit on models with fad. I can't find a pin out diagram for the awd module but best case we would just have to figure out the pinout for the front locker and add pins to the harness. I do believe the awd modules are the same model to model minus prorgramming.

JoeOffRoad

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tomsoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am sorry I missed this earlier, we'll have a pigtail available from Dana, which should be on the site soon. We will list them as soon as they get in stock.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

no mine didn't and ford performance was no help there either lol here's the correct connector but it's still only 4" of wire.

Ford Bronco TOMS OFFROAD | Dana Spicer - In Stock! EA9D58F2-6765-4F2C-8167-B659EBA1C97E

it is expensive for what it is, this was the cheapest I could find. And according to the wire diagrams I downloaded the sima switch is just canbus. So it should swap out and then just be a matter of programming/adding the right wires to the right modules. The awd module gets signal from the gateway module and controls the tcase position switch, both lockers, and the fad unit on models with fad. I can't find a pin out diagram for the awd module but best case we would just have to figure out the pinout for the front locker and add pins to the harness. I do believe the awd modules are the same model to model minus prorgramming.
I am sorry I missed this earlier, we'll have a pigtail available from Dana, which should be on the site soon. We will list them as soon as they get in stock.

I have the M190 without locker. Does the factory wiring harness have the wires for the locker and that's what this pigtail plugs into, or is it just to get wires coming from the locker that you have to figure out how to wire up?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the M190 without locker. Does the factory wiring harness have the wires for the locker and that's what this pigtail plugs into, or is it just to get wires coming from the locker that you have to figure out how to wire up?
The latter. I bought the Hero switches and the harness for my BD and thought through Forscan that I could get it all to work but no go. I'm sure some smarter people could get it going like factory but not me. Hopefully in the future like the 3.0 rack. I ended up cutting the harness I bought and wiring it up to Aux 6.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The latter. I bought the Hero switches and the harness for my BD and thought through Forscan that I could get it all to work but no go. I'm sure some smarter people could get it going like factory but not me. Hopefully in the future like the 3.0 rack. I ended up cutting the harness I bought and wiring it up to Aux 6.

Thanks. I've saved aux 1 for the locker. Is your aux switch just a relay or powering the locker itself?
Sponsored