First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I’ve been to Yosemite in every season except Winter and would love to get there during that time.

The Yosemite Valley gets my vote for the prettiest place on earth.
Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those pictures are fantastic for those not in the know, now they know.

whodatdubi

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, Gated Ferrari 360 Spider, '23 MB EQS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just went to Yosemite in October and it was beautiful. Only disappointing but also anticipated part was the lack of water flow for the falls/mirror lake.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the pics. I grew up going to Yosemite almost once a month, beautiful.

The biggest problem I get now is all the traffic. Some of the beautiful places you saw were burned when I was a kid. Our ability to detect fires has shot up greatly, but it seems people's carelessness with flammable materials (and trash) has risen too.

*check the very bottom of the post for that image when you are in edit mode and hit delete there too

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I posted some photos of my drive down the Oregon and California coast a few weeks back, well this is the return trip, mostly the drive through Yosemite. An absolutely incredible drive. I left Los Angeles and was hoping to drive Angels Crest Highway only to learn was closed because of the snow storm the night before. Basically had to drive around the mountains so I took the I-210 to I-5 to US14 where I stopped in Mohave to check out one of those airport storage facilities....

DSC_5670.jpg

DSC_5673.jpg
DSC_5680.jpg

If you look close you'll see airplanes back there. Lots and lots of airplanes. I got a good run through the desert not far from here.

DSC_5689.jpg
Cool vista along the way.

2022-12-13 11.49.17.jpg

I eventually got to Fresno where I decided to take highway 41 to Yosemite. Only problem it had just dumped snow there as well and chains were required. I didnt have any. Crap. It was getting dark so I stayed the night in Oakhurst. The next morning I learned I could probably get to the park as the roads had been plowed. So off I went and after an insanely beautful drive along the bendy highway 41 I made it to the park.
2022-12-13 12.14.11.jpg

I learned upon entry it's up to a $5,000 fine for not having chains in the park. Crap I still dont have any chains. I decided to risk it and see what the oncoming traffic looked like and if I saw chains I would turn around. Thankfully, almost no one had chains! I only saw a few dozen cars over the 4 hours I took to drive through. I put it in slippery mode, not a single loss of traction up or downhill.
DSC_5707.jpg

Was sad to see a lot of the park burned.
DSC_5730.jpg

Fire sucks.
DSC_5750.jpg

My first sighting of Half Dome
DSC_5758.jpg

Another shot of the Half Dome

DSC_5761.jpg

The icicles looked cool...as does the Bronco. :)
DSC_5923.jpg

DSC_5814.jpg

The waterfall was amazing in motion, lots of freezing mist.

DSC_5820.jpg

DSC_5827.jpg

DSC_5842.jpg

El Capitan reflecting on the hood.

DSC_5861.jpg

The crows there have absolutely zero fear of people. (not Bronco related, sorry! lol)

2022-12-13 14.15.14.jpg

DSC_5895.jpg

2022-12-13 16.26.23.jpg

After exploring the park I hit highway 49. Look at that!

DSC_5961.jpg

Check that road out...and view!

DSC_5983.jpg

Highway 49. Stunning.

DSC_5986.jpg

DSC_6002.jpg

Im bummed a lot of my photos got sorta ruined by the LED light flickering. Longer exposures next time. The drivers headlight you can see the problem.

DSC_5869.jpg

One more shot of this guy.

Anyway, Yosemite was sick. I'd never been there and what a day I picked to go. Virtually empty, with all that wonderful snow.
Cheers.

DSC_5786.jpg

Weird, cant seem to delete this image. I edit the post, delete it, save its still there. huh.
That'd gorgeous out there!

Sponsored

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There use to be a whole lot more planes parked there at the Mojave airport.

And had you turned east (which I don't recommend) on SR-138 from SR-14, you would have found the graveyard of VW vehicles which VW may have told a little lie about their emissions, lol. Thousands of vehicles...

Your pictures from Yosemite remind me of the time my wife and I were in Yosemite during March in the late 80's. We stayed at what use to be called the Ahwahnee Hotel (I think the name has changed). We woke up in the morning, and saw it was snowing heavily. We decided to forego breakfast at leave the park before we got stuck (which in retrospect, wouldn't have been a bad thing). We must have started heading towards the west gate (Hightway 41) right before the "Road Closed" signs went up (in my old Mitsubishi 4x4 pick-up). The snow was about a foot deep, and all we could see were the snow plow markers at the side of the road (no other tire tracks). My wife was totally freaked-out, but not nearly as freaked at the Park Ranger at the gate as we pulled-up, lol. The powder was about 16 inches at that point. Breakfast was at a little hotel just outside of Oakhurst, where we had some good laughs over our adventure.

Great photos OP!

Special Decor

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F 150, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your photos are stunning. Thanks for sharing the experience.

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Yosemite Valley gets my vote for the prettiest place on earth.
100% agree.
We were at Acadia NP several years ago, and a Ranger leading a tour tried to tell us Acadia was the most beautiful of all the NPs. When I asked him if he had ever visited Yosemite, I only got a smirk, lol...
Yeah, Acadia is pretty (especially in the fall, like when we were there) - BUT, hands down, there is no comparison.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful photos

Aerobronco

Big Bend
First Name
Aerodarts
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are exceptions for the Chains Law. check this out. https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tirechains.htm
3 rules apply. Looks like chains must be in the Automobile.
Here is one rule. Check the website for the other 2.

I have been to this park, but not in the winter. This was in 1990. A must see park! thanks for the post!

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 4.56.47 PM

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted some photos of my drive down the Oregon and California coast a few weeks back, well this is the return trip, mostly the drive through Yosemite. An absolutely incredible drive. I left Los Angeles and was hoping to drive Angels Crest Highway only to learn was closed because of the snow storm the night before. Basically had to drive around the mountains so I took the I-210 to I-5 to US14 where I stopped in Mohave to check out one of those airport storage facilities....

Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 4.56.47 PM

If you look close you'll see airplanes back there. Lots and lots of airplanes. I got a good run through the desert not far from here.

Cool vista along the way.

I eventually got to Fresno where I decided to take highway 41 to Yosemite. Only problem it had just dumped snow there as well and chains were required. I didnt have any. Crap. It was getting dark so I stayed the night in Oakhurst. The next morning I learned I could probably get to the park as the roads had been plowed. So off I went and after an insanely beautful drive along the bendy highway 41 I made it to the park.

I learned upon entry it's up to a $5,000 fine for not having chains in the park. Crap I still dont have any chains. I decided to risk it and see what the oncoming traffic looked like and if I saw chains I would turn around. Thankfully, almost no one had chains! I only saw a few dozen cars over the 4 hours I took to drive through. I put it in slippery mode, not a single loss of traction up or downhill.

Was sad to see a lot of the park burned.

Fire sucks.

My first sighting of Half Dome

Another shot of the Half Dome

The icicles looked cool...as does the Bronco. :)

The waterfall was amazing in motion, lots of freezing mist.

El Capitan reflecting on the hood.

The crows there have absolutely zero fear of people. (not Bronco related, sorry! lol)

After exploring the park I hit highway 49. Look at that!

Check that road out...and view!

Highway 49. Stunning.

Im bummed a lot of my photos got sorta ruined by the LED light flickering. Longer exposures next time. The drivers headlight you can see the problem.

One more shot of this guy.

Anyway, Yosemite was sick. I'd never been there and what a day I picked to go. Virtually empty, with all that wonderful snow.
Cheers.

Weird, cant seem to delete this image. I edit the post, delete it, save its still there. huh.
Like the hood shot.

ifrankyr

Big Bend
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco BigBend / 2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Amazing pictures, are you a photographer. Do you have a IG ? Would love to follow

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brochure quality photos. :love: Bravo!

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove my lowered Mustang into Yosemite Park one time (early December) when it was snowing - no chains.. .obviously no snow tires - it was a VERY slow and sketchy drive - my wife had taken the train from Sacramento to Yosemite early in the day to meet her brother who was performing at the Ahwanee hotel - I had to work, so I drove down after I got off work - by the time I got there, it was well after 10pm - that was a 'memorable' drive LOL ... Gorgeous.. but memorable.. I ended up doing the same thing a year later with a new Mustang - but brought tire cables with me that time... (never put them on.. but had them)
Ford Bronco Took my Bronco to Yosemite a day after it snowed. Incredible! yosemite
Sponsored