DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why do working people need to actually work while they just continue to get money from the government. No incentive to actually work so now supplies collapse.
I know I am still looking for one of those jobs where I get paid for not going.

Edit: Of course since being on the Forums today my boss says I do have one of those jobs getting paid for doing nothing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are close to 4 Billion shares of Ford.
I just don't think the loyalists and bad batchers make up a significant portion of those shares.
Just like car buyers, shareholders vote with their pocketbook every day.

Shareholders determine the value of a company...and they express their opinion by buying shares at a 'multiple of earnings' - expressed as a "P/E Ratio".

Last time I looked invertors were buying Ford @6X earnings...while they were buying Tesla @170X earnings.

Us bad-batchers have a low opinion of Ford's future...but investors think even less of it.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just like car buyers, shareholders vote with their pocketbook every day.

Shareholders determine the value of a company...and they express their opinion by buying shares at a 'multiple of earnings' - expressed as a "P/E Ratio".

Last time I looked invertors were buying Ford @6X earnings...while they were buying Tesla @170X earnings.

Us bad-batchers have a low opinion of Ford's future...but investors think even less of it.
By that rationale the loyalist have to do nothing, the investors will take care of it for you. Point still stands though, the investors, largely institutional, are the driving force here. The days of the average joe speaking with his pocketbook buying or selling shares to speak at the shareholders meeting and influence a company are long gone.

Heck a lot of the "people" speaking with their pocket books aren't even people, they are automated trading algorithms.

Could the loyalists and bad batchers garner enough media attention to make some kind of change or response? maybe, could it put a dent in stock trading? I personally don't think so. but anything is possible.

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Top management of multinational corporations are disconnected from consumers. Look no further than the woke stances and commercials by big corporations.
Just because you don't agree or align with a companies advertising or messaging doesn't make it the wrong business move. Nike, after sponsoring Keapernick, had an outstanding quarter (citation). Despite boycotts and condemnation from a vocal minority.

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And don't get me wrong, you have every right to be mad and angry! It's just all a numbers game.
But yeah, if you get enough media attention! IT might get a response.

I still just wonder what they response should/could/would be.
The response should be ,could be ,and would be the truth if they were capable of doing that but it looks like Ford just thinks of the customers as secondary. And as for the people on the forum that make the comment the Ford dealership is there customer well you can guess what we think of that.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just called my state Governor and demanded that he put me in contact with Ford's brass so that I can help Ford understand that JOB #1 of running a multi-billion dollar, global manufacturing giant is only about one thing.

Rationally engaging with each and every customer as an individual.

On that note: I also suggest we demand from our local dealerships that Facebook is a great way to engage every normal, rational, sane and not at all batshit-crazy American on a productive debate. There has to be tens of rational, sane, non-batshit-crazy people on Facebook who fulfill these requirements and are able to educate Ford's out-of-touch brass.

Let's not sit on our asses just complaining about things, lets HELP FORD UNDERSTAND US!!!! Who's with me?
Great sarcasm. You’re just a motivator that’s all your great go look in the mirror. 🙈

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The response should be ,could be ,and would be the truth if they were capable of doing that but it looks like Ford just thinks of the customers as secondary. And as for the people on the forum that make the comment the Ford dealership is there customer well you can guess what we think of that.
So if they just said "hey your broncos are stuck because we had quality and supply issues and have to produce FE's in MY 21 so everything else is on hold while we prioritize parts for those" you'd be ok?

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if they just said "hey your broncos are stuck because we had quality and supply issues and have to produce FE's in MY 21 so everything else is on hold while we prioritize parts for those" you'd be ok?
Absolutely .at least Ford would do one thing right. 🤣

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
News flash tesla has nothing to do with space…. Thats spacex ;)
Pro Tip: Musk is CEO of both organizations...are you saying he only innovates while wearing his SpaceX hat?

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Absolutely .at least Ford would do one thing right. 🤣
Serious question how many broncos do we think are sitting and waiting in a lot, vs how many buyers who are aware that their bronco is sitting in a lot.

I suspect there is a large number of blissfully ignorant buyers who are just waiting unware of the shenanigans, no? In which case it may create more of a firestorm to bring all those other buyers in the light.

Flip side is most of the buyers that had a buildable unit that got lotted are probably enthusiasts because they had an early reservation.

Just thonking.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Serious question how many broncos do we think are sitting and waiting in a lot, vs how many buyers who are aware that their bronco is sitting in a lot.

I suspect there is a large number of blissfully ignorant buyers who are just waiting unware of the shenanigans, no? In which case it may create more of a firestorm to bring all those other buyers in the light.

Flip side is most of the buyers that had a buildable unit that got lotted are probably enthusiasts because they had an early reservation.

Just thonking.
Ok I can admit it.... I’m completely lost as to your point. Sorry it might be the hangover 🥺. I’m retired live is good .

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This take is making a mountain of a molehill. Ford didn’t screw up the bronco launch by any real definition of the word. The only dark spot is an unprecedented disruption to supply chain that is hitting everyone.

I know a ton of senior Ford execs (I work for another OEM but worked on Ford strategy at my old consultancy), and my business school classmate Esteban is the Bronco program manager. They are absolutely not out of touch and agonize over trying to do the right thing by their customers.
Wow, does someone have rose colored glasses…..
Ford executives have fumbled every aspect of this rollout specifically by NOT communicating with the customers whom they have targeted with the Bronco. Their communication has been nothing short of abysmal. Even now when thousands of Broncos are being reported by their very own system as being built, yet have fallen into a black hole, the Ford executives which you characterize as “doing the right thing for their customer” have their head buried in the sand and do not appear to have the foresight to open a dialogue with those same customers.
Please don’t misunderstand, I am not suggesting they call each person but rather state the obvious; they are having difficulty in producing the product and deliveries will be delayed. The longer they wait, the worse it will be for them to overcome. I suspect many others are not looking for the gory details of the issues but rather what their high level plan is and what that means for deliveries can occur. Unfortunately, Ford has built a firewall around themselves called “customer support” and the only response a customer can obtain is “call your dealer”, which is the only other group they are communicating less with.

Yes, Ford execs have fumbled this product launch.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just because you don't agree or align with a companies advertising or messaging doesn't make it the wrong business move. Nike, after sponsoring Keapernick, had an outstanding quarter (citation). Despite boycotts and condemnation from a vocal minority.
I do not think it was a vocal minority - whoops, correction just went to get a cite on percentages to prove you wrong and it turns out is was a vocal minority (42% vs. %56 per Wash Post). I did not support either Nike or Kaepernick in that campaign. Guess I am disconnected from the majority. Who knew?

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok I can admit it.... I’m completely lost as to your point. Sorry it might be the hangover 🥺. I’m retired live is good .
Not really trying to make a point as much as curious.

How many broncos are sitting in a lot as part of the bad batch?
How many folks know their bronco is sitting in a lot?

Wondering if it is a small percentage or large percentage.
Sponsored