Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 "Bad-Squatch"
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was helping my son this morning put out some flags in honor of Pearl Harbor Day, and like a dumb ass I hand these eleven poles rubbing against the tailgate. I noticed afterwards that I rubbed / scrapped off a slight bit of the paint. Since this this rig has become my baby, I want to touch it up. I found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/1846418393...044&customid=06c130327f121cc89a0153a2d14e13ce, but I'm still learning when it comes to working and modifying my Bronco, or any vehicle for that matter. Does this go on just like a marking pen? It seems almost TOO simple. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those pens don't work super great, but would likely make it look better than now. Hard to tell what to recommend without seeing it. Automotive touchup sells aerosol cans if the marks are bigger. You'll also want to clear coat over the touchup

Aloha Sunrise

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road,1971 VW shorty bus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have always had good results with products from touch up paints direct. I just purchased the three stage kit for our Bronco. Don’t need it yet , but someday we might. The tubes I bought have a paint brush on one end and an application pen on the other.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is where I got my touch up pen, base and clear double sided paint pen. I think I paid $22 shipped to me.

https://expresspaint.com/

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does, but buyer and user beware: None of the pens are magic or necessarily great.
Granted, it is better than trying to use a too-large detail brush.
But it is still a fair-sized glob of paint that comes out of the pen unless you take some steps to wipe excess off of the tip onto a rag or something.
As far as match I've found the Ones like you linked to be really close, and the touch-up paints direct and Duplicolor are not bad either.
But also be aware the paint is quite thin. Dare I say translucent? Too much will run with you and look like a hot mess.
It will take more than one application of it to get true and full color, and each subsequent layer has the potential to get larger and larger if you are not careful.
Then you put the clear on with the brush end and it gets even bigger.

All that worry and dread also has a flip side.
They DO work for the purpose and it looks better (most times) than the mar/scratch/chip you had to begin with.
A perfect scenario would be to touch it up well, blend back the edges/strokes some with some 2000 grit, and buff the touch-up with compound and polish.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've used the linked one. Use a toothpick for small repaint areas, the applicators are like putting chapstick on with a paint roller. The toothpick allows for small amounts of paint to be laid down and you can manipulate the height of the paint so it dries even-ish with factory paint. The linked unit also has a clear coat side of the pen.
Sponsored