BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just bumping this thread up again - Anyone who has their Bronco already: Have you purchased some shackles for the modular front bumper? Curious what you ended up getting (brand/size)?
This. Help us out por favor 😁
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just bumping this thread up again - Anyone who has their Bronco already: Have you purchased some shackles for the modular front bumper? Curious what you ended up getting (brand/size)?
This. Help us out por favor 😁
I don't have a Bronco unfortunately, but ¾" shackles with a ⅞" pin are the standard for off road. I can't see Ford deviating from that.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't have a Bronco unfortunately, but ¾" shackles with a ⅞" pin are the standard for off road. I can't see Ford deviating from that.
Earlier in this thread I showed how Bronco set it's own standard.
Yesterday I saw the Bronco at the Bridgeport Texas event. I also took my calipers with me to measure the pin hole diameter of the modular front bumper D-Ring mount. It measured .925" ID, so an industry standard 7/8" Shackle Pin will fit.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks - Are these different in size from the ones I posted above? I like the look of the ones in my link, but hate the price haha.

Sorry for the “dumb question” I’m not overly familiar when it comes to this stuff and just want to ensure it fits and will be able to support the weight of a vehicle being pulled.

Thanks!
At first they seemed to be, but the other brand is very clear, it has a pin diameter of 7/8". Further digging shows this one to have a pin diameter of only 5/8", sorry about that.

Q: What is the diameter of the pin?
A: 5/8" pin dia
https://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-13048B-D-Ring-Shackle-Threaded/dp/B004K27DA4?th=1

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t really want to start a new thread for this question, so thought I’d just post it here.

I finally got to see a Bronco in-person today. Yay!!! I took the Smittybilt shackle off my Jeep and put it on the Bronco. Looks like it fits pretty good!

Being a “newbie” to off roading, is there something you can purchase to make it slightly more snug/limit rattling? Almost like a washer that would go on.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Ford Bronco Tow Shackle size. 7C66E599-6AC8-4225-A15A-337EB89C5D1D

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t really want to start a new thread for this question, so thought I’d just post it here.

I finally got to see a Bronco in-person today. Yay!!! I took the Smittybilt shackle off my Jeep and put it on the Bronco. Looks like it fits pretty good!

Being a “newbie” to off roading, is there something you can purchase to make it slightly more snug/limit rattling? Almost like a washer that would go on.

What size are the ones you tested?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.amazon.com/Rhino-USA-Shackle-Isolators-Washers/dp/B07DGH7QJH?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Shackle isolators and washers. Can't vouch personally for the one in the link, but there's about a million of them on Amazon. Also available from reputable shops like Quadratec.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What size are the ones you tested?
I pulled it off my Smittybilt trailer hitch shackle. Their part number is 29312B - Receiver Hitch D-Ring - 3/4" - 4.75 Ton Rating - Fits 2" Receiver​

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

7C66E599-6AC8-4225-A15A-337EB89C5D1D.jpeg
The correcct size would help, Jeep uses a 3/4" pin shackle, the Bronco uses a 7/8" shackle pin.

I took my calipers to a Bronco event to measure the pin hole diameter of the modular front bumper D-Ring mount. It measured .925" ID, so an industry standard 7/8" Shackle Pin will fit.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/smittybilt-7-8-d-ring-shackle-black-13048b/_/R-DSBP-13048B

The Jaw Gap measured 1-1/8" with a ruler, not a caliper, so that needs to be confirmed on the purchased shackle as well.
https://offroadrecoveryguide.com/sizing-shackles-off-road-recovery/

BOW-SHACKLE-OUTLINE.jpg

Last edited:

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been wrapping my with tape for years. Have some teflon tape from my airline days.
Sponsored