Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got an universal 7 pin conversation kit. Tied into the trailer brake access plug under the driver side dash. The plug has power, ground, brake petal switch input and output to trailer brake. I used the Curt 4 way to get my lights. The universals 7 pin kit has a receiver that accepts the 4 way plug. I’ll try and post some pics. But it was pretty easy to do.
So I recently added my tow package back, but if it is this easy, it sounds very promising for many.

One would think, if you could pick up all the necessary wires (minus the curt 4-pin taps) then someone just needs to make a piggyback adapter for the brake controller plug, similar to the ones made for that Kicker 200.4 install.

Here's a great opportunity for some of the vendors to package this all up.
Sponsored

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base

jbryant

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I recently added my tow package back, but if it is this easy, it sounds very promising for many.

One would think, if you could pick up all the necessary wires (minus the curt 4-pin taps) then someone just needs to make a piggyback adapter for the brake controller plug, similar to the ones made for that Kicker 200.4 install.

Here's a great opportunity for some of the vendors to package this all up.
You’re right. There’s a connector under the dash to the right of the drivers knee. If a vendor could made a connector we’d all be set for a 7 pin set up!

Nng23b

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You’re right. There’s a connector under the dash to the right of the drivers knee. If a vendor could made a connector we’d all be set for a 7 pin set up!
This connector is different from the factory when the tow package is included, right?

jbryant

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This connector is different from the factory when the tow package is included, right?
Nope, it’s the same. The brake signal wire feeds into the connection. It’s the same connector that Ford recommended brake controller plugs into.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A deep dive into the towing forums will reveal a thread where forum members found a wiring harness under the driver’s side rear trunk trim panel. I believe it is the harness used for the factory charge circuit.

Edit: the best 7 pin discussion is at

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/tow-package-arrived-contents-inside.17659/

It starts out discussing the receiver but evolves into installing a 7 pin plug. The thread has pictures and diagrams. The thread probably needs a sticky because it’s really informative an documents “Flip’s” work on this topic.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A deep dive into the towing forums will reveal a thread where forum members found a wiring harness under the driver’s side rear trunk trim panel. I believe it is the harness used for the factory charge circuit.

Edit: the best 7 pin discussion is at

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/tow-package-arrived-contents-inside.17659/

It starts out discussing the receiver but evolves into installing a 7 pin plug. The thread has pictures and diagrams. The thread probably needs a sticky because it’s really informative an documents “Flip’s” work on this topic.
Of all the towing threads I follow, that one I typically ignore because I don't care what's was in that guy's box and When I initially looked at it, it was just a four-pin setup which solved nothing.

Now that you've said that it involved into a seven-pin discussion, I'll have to pay more attention!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Of all the towing threads I follow, that one I typically ignore because I don't care what's was in that guy's box and When I initially looked at it, it was just a four-pin setup which solved nothing.

Now that you've said that it involved into a seven-pin discussion, I'll have to pay more attention!
The first hint of the good stuff begins page 6, followed by more BS until pages 9 and 10 where it really gets rolling.