Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My family thinks I'm insane leaving my perfectly great 08 Tundra for the Bronc. But c'mon, how many cars strand you on the side of the road these days? They're all more reliable than they ever were....
Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Will someone please dump this Toyota thread, this is forum is a Bronco forum. If you love Toyota then good for you but I'm sure Toyota has a forum. This is a real American vehicle for real Americans not a foreign vehicle built here so they can call it American. USA!!! USA!!!

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve driven both, and owned a 4runner for a long time. To me, the taco feels cavemanish (in a good way). Itā€™s strong and reliable. The ranger is very torquey and nimble, but you get those 4 cylinder noises that make you wonder if itā€™s going to last. Iā€™m a huge Toyota fan, but I actually preferred the ranger, and Iā€™ve never even thought about owning a Ford until I ended up with the ranger as a rental. I wonder about the longevity though. I was hard on my 4runner (v8) but it never missed beat.

OP
OP
BroncoJay

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will someone please dump this Toyota thread, this is forum is a Bronco forum. If you love Toyota then good for you but I'm sure Toyota has a forum. This is a real American vehicle for real Americans not a foreign vehicle built here so they can call it American. USA!!! USA!!!
I sure hope this was a joke eh...
If not it gets the award for dumbest post of the day...
Congrats...

itā€™s my thread if you donā€™t like it- donā€™t read it and donā€™t post in it...

And by the way my tacoma was built in good ole Texas Jack... is that still in USA USA

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Last time I checked, we are all on the same team here joker. Team America and team Bronco. I guess some of us are just coming from different trucks and appreciate different vehicles too. People like this are a reason I don't post sh*t in forums. Maybe instead you should be happy we aren't talking about whether 35s will fit on a stock badlands or when deliveries will happen or what color Cactus Grey actually is for the 1000 time. Murica!!!

Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I sure hope this was a joke eh...
If not it gets the award for dumbest post of the day...
Congrats...

itā€™s my thread if you donā€™t like it- donā€™t read it and donā€™t post in it...

And by the way my tacoma was built in good ole Texas Jack... is that still in USA USA
It was a joke man. I was waiting for someone to post a popcorn meme. I know the Toyota is built here and the plant is actually in my area. I am glad for the jobs its brought to the people in this area. Breathe

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last time I checked, we are all on the same team here joker. Team America and team Bronco. I guess some of us are just coming from different trucks and appreciate different vehicles too. People like this are a reason I don't post sh*t in forums. Maybe instead you should be happy we aren't talking about whether 35s will fit on a stock badlands or when deliveries will happen or what color Cactus Grey actually is for the 1000 time. Murica!!!
It was a joke. I couldn't care less about it in all honesty. I had no idea people would really take it to heart like this. Go Toyota!!! šŸ˜

Hyperforming

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Canā€™t speak to the long term but I test drove a Ranger to get a feel for the 2.3 since I want a manual and I came away very impressed. I didnā€™t really hammer it but in normal driving and in that package it felt comparable to my 5.7 Tundra. Iā€™ve never driven the Toyota 3.5 but Iā€™ve read plenty of reviews saying that it didnā€™t feel as strong as the 4.0.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a 2016 Tacoma with 9600 miles on it. Sold it last year. I spent more time getting stuff like the diff seals fixed and fighting with the dealer over TSBs that I said the hell with it and sold it.

was not impressed

Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving a manual Tacoma now. Super practical, but not very fun to drive at all.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My family thinks I'm insane leaving my perfectly great 08 Tundra for the Bronc. But c'mon, how many cars strand you on the side of the road these days? They're all more reliable than they ever were....
239FF6DC-F020-4D5C-99C7-CAA493B46928.jpeg

I was not stranded on the side of the road. The starter on my 2015 f150 with 50k miles failed in a parking lot and had to get towed the next day for repair.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a 2016 Tacoma with 9600 miles on it. Sold it last year. I spent more time getting stuff like the diff seals fixed and fighting with the dealer over TSBs that I said the hell with it and sold it.

was not impressed
My wife bought a 16 in 17 with 6k, the diff seal was a recall and she had it replaced before delivery and it was perfect for 56k, and she just traded for a ā€˜21.

16 was the first year of a redesign, so hopefully the ā€˜21 being out for five years basically it should be perfected.

the latest explorer didnā€™t even make it to lots before recalls.

Reactions: Axe

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Toyota brethren 239FF6DC-F020-4D5C-99C7-CAA493B46928

I was not stranded on the side of the road. The starter on my 2015 f150 with 50k miles failed in a parking lot and had to get towed the next day for repair.
I've had close calls in various Toyotas over the years, too. My 4wd van lost a bearing in the tranny, caught before stranding. Taco lost front wheel bearing and then frame rusted away, again caught before disaster. My Tundra had some weird buildup in some inaccessible part between firewall the engine block that kept me from going over 40 mph....but it ran. Oh, and just recently blew the brake line at the metal fitting. Jesus kept me alive as I drove it all day!!!

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota FTW