Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sequoia with 210K and a 4Runner with 140K. OnLy a water pump for the sequoia but 4runner spent 5 yrs in NY so lots of issues with corrosion. Still buying a new Bronco - Badlands, LUX, marine grade.
Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed.

2015 TRD Offroad Double Cab short bed is the Tacoma unicorn IMPO. If I could buy another one brand new I would.
I had one, it was black with step bars and roof rails. Somebody busted it up in a parking lot, so instead of repairing it, I traded it in for an ā€˜18 Tundra crewcab TRD Offroad. The increased roominess was amazing, but I donā€™t really tow anything, so sometimes I feel like itā€™s too much truck for my needs.

Before my Taco, I had an FJ Cruiser, and before that a ā€˜00 4Runner Limited.
Years ago my wife worked for FMCC, and I had driven Rangers, Explorers and a Sport Trac. Ordering a Bronco makes me feel like Iā€™m ā€œcoming homeā€.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had one, it was black with step bars and roof rails. Somebody busted it up in a parking lot, so instead of repairing it, I traded it in for an ā€˜18 Tundra crewcab TRD Offroad. The increased roominess was amazing, but I donā€™t really tow anything, so sometimes I feel like itā€™s too much truck for my needs.

Before my Taco, I had an FJ Cruiser, and before that a ā€˜00 4Runner Limited.
Years ago my wife worked for FMCC, and I had driven Rangers, Explorers and a Sport Trac. Ordering a Bronco makes me feel like Iā€™m ā€œcoming homeā€.
I have a similar sentiment about coming full circle. I had an 85ā€™ Bronco when I was young, man I loved that truck. It didnā€™t end well, maybe in some way this is a snippet of emotional redemption for me. A way to recapture a lost love.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Toyota's 3.5L V6 feels slow and lacking torque in the Tacoma. While likely not as reliable, I think both the 2.3L and 2.7L Ecoboost motors in the Bronco will significantly outperform the Toyota V6.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2017 Tacomama is my first and likely last. Hate the throttle lag and indecisive downshifting. First A/T because none of the manual trims were viable. I expected way better.

Thinking Iā€™ll go back to manual...4dr BD with hard top and Mid.
"tacomama"? sounds fine to me...

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a FJCruiser before my Taco. I liked the 4.0L better than the 3.5L. The Taco engine lacks low end punch, but it has power. You just need to step on it.

I have not driven the 2.7L Ford but expect it to have much more low end punch. More V8 like.

The funny part is that if I stay down this path of buying the Bronco...it is my wife's Subaru that will get traded in and we'll keep the Taco. It is older and she sees a vehicle as a conveyance from point A to B. It was even her idea. :cool: At least it will see garage time in the first few years before we trade the Taco in on a car for her.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Toyota had kept the 4.0 in their new Tacomas I'd have one now and likely wouldn't even be looking at a Bronco. The 3.5 is SO BAD.

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If u have slept in your car- hell ya u can hang here!
Heck, I was a poor undergrad and I used to sleep across the front bench seat of my '71 Chevy Monte Carlo! Glad to feel welcome.

I had an '07 FJ Cruiser (actually drove smoother than my '01 RX300) and I got a ton of money selling it after 120k and 11 years. Then I got a '17 4Runner and love its dependability.

My only heartburn is wondering if I can trust the Ford for 15+ years without reliability issues with the same level of faith I've had in my Yodas. I'm gonna take that leap and hopefully be able to keep my Bronco for at least a decade. Anyone else fretting at all?

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heck, I was a poor undergrad and I used to sleep across the front bench seat of my '71 Chevy Monte Carlo! Glad to feel welcome.

I had an '07 FJ Cruiser (actually drove smoother than my '01 RX300) and I got a ton of money selling it after 120k and 11 years. Then I got a '17 4Runner and love its dependability.

My only heartburn is wondering if I can trust the Ford for 15+ years without reliability issues with the same level of faith I've had in my Yodas. I'm gonna take that leap and hopefully be able to keep my Bronco for at least a decade. Anyone else fretting at all?
BIG TIME. You don't realize how important reliability is when you don't have to think about it. My Tacoma has never left me stranded, even with an almost dead battery one day at work - it still had enough grunt to get it started and get me to the auto parts store to buy another.

I'm blessed that my new job is fully remote and I'll be ok if my car is in the shop or getting warranty work done but somedays I feel insane that I'm about to sell my Tacoma to buy a Ford.

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I've been fretting this more as of late as the March 19th deadline is approaching. I love my Cement '17 Tacoma TRD Pro and I've never once had to get anything fixed ... it just runs perfect every time.
The main thing that has pushed me to pull the trigger on the Bronco besides that fact that I've always been a fan of the first gen type styling is the lack of power in the Taco. After we bought a Explorer ST for my wife I have fallen in love with the ecoboost V6 and I've also driven an EDGE ST with the 2.7 and love that too. The 2.7 has been a pretty dependable motor and I hope for the best overall with the Bronco (hoping I find a Diamond). I will be adding the extended warranty at some point with the Bronco. Overall, Ford's performance and fun factor is slightly outweighing the reliability of Toyota at the moment. It has been a really tough decision.

Sponsored

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
BIG TIME. You don't realize how important reliability is when you don't have to think about it. My Tacoma has never left me stranded, even with an almost dead battery one day at work - it still had enough grunt to get it started and get me to the auto parts store to buy another.

I'm blessed that my new job is fully remote and I'll be ok if my car is in the shop or getting warranty work done but somedays I feel insane that I'm about to sell my Tacoma to buy a Ford.
I am starting to feel a little insane too man. My Taco is still practically a baby with only 40k miles on it. My job is also fully remote so besides the fact that you mentioned, we should be able to keep the miles down on the Broncos as well ... less wear and tear, but fun when we take it out.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am starting to feel a little insane too man. My Taco is still practically a baby with only 40k miles on it. My job is also fully remote so besides the fact that you mentioned, we should be able to keep the miles down on the Broncos as well ... less wear and tear, but fun when we take it out.
Moving to Denver is the only reason I'm keeping my order. Up until 2 months ago we were going to stay here and I was going to cancel my Bronco in favor of restoring an old IH Scout II or some other rig. I just couldn't justify a $60k trail rig here, there's nowhere to use it.

OP
OP
BroncoJay

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ā€˜17 taco has 28k miles on it. Itā€™s been a good truck, little underpowered but itā€™s paid off and the reliability of Toyota has be having 2nd thoughts on the bronco. and the idea of re-entering the car loan life has be a little nauseated..

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My ā€˜17 taco has 28k miles on it. Itā€™s been a good truck, little underpowered but itā€™s paid off and the reliability of Toyota has be having 2nd thoughts on the bronco. and the idea of re-entering the car loan life has be a little nauseated..
We are in the same boat man. My Taco is also paid off and yes, the loan life is nauseating. But, if you were to look at it with a glass half full, that means you have a solid down payment and smaller loan. That is what I keep telling myself at least. I am hoping to add some extra $$$ to what I get from the Taco and have a pretty small loan amount and pay the Bronco off quick. My wife isn't happy about leaving the life of a paid off Taco though.
Sponsored