First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now that my Bronco is here, I decided to install the Trail Armor rocker panels I ordered from Ford accessories.

I'd already watched how this was done with the Running boards, so I popped the box open, removed the two long pieces and got to work.
Once those were done, i returned to the box to retrieve the two small front pieces, only to find they were nowhere to be found.
I contacted ford Accessories to have the missing pieces sent, only to be told that I would have to return my original shipment before any replacement pieces could be sent.

Yes, it's my own fault that I didn't make sure everything was in the box before I started (even though I likely would have gone ahead and installed the large pieces anyway and just assumed Ford would send out the missing parts), but this just seems like a stupid policy to me. wouldn't it be easier/cheaper for Ford to just ship a box with two small parts, as opposed to an enormous box?

Anyway, learn from my mistake...
Sponsored

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that my Bronco is here, I decided to install the Trail Armor rocker panels I ordered from Ford accessories.

I'd already watched how this was done with the Running boards, so I popped the box open, removed the two long pieces and got to work.
Once those were done, i returned to the box to retrieve the two small front pieces, only to find they were nowhere to be found.
I contacted ford Accessories to have the missing pieces sent, only to be told that I would have to return my original shipment before any replacement pieces could be sent.

Yes, it's my own fault that I didn't make sure everything was in the box before I started (even though I likely would have gone ahead and installed the large pieces anyway and just assumed Ford would send out the missing parts), but this just seems like a stupid policy to me. wouldn't it be easier/cheaper for Ford to just ship a box with two small parts, as opposed to an enormous box?

Anyway, learn from my mistake...
Yep, I had almost the same issue with Ford accessories. Ordered the 2dr flavor, got the 4dr version and box was ripped open upon arrival. I opened and found thr 4dr version with missing fronts. Shipped it back and it took 5 calls and 3 weeks to get the correct 2dr version.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with the bushwacker version and I’m not thrilled with the fitment it’s good from 20 ft. They just but together where the doors meet. I would have like to see one tuck under the other. The plus is that the bushwacker ones go up into the doorway to act as a scuff plate.
Sponsored