Sponsored

Transferring Reservation - Appeals Process?

coSooner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there an appeals process to transfer a reservation? My reservation is under my name, but I would like for my father to take delivery of the vehicle. Last names match. I thought I had read a week or two ago that Ford had in place a process for this to allow similar situations to occur, but to prevent sales of reservations. My dealer had confirmed such a process in a phone call last week, but now checking the T&C on Ford's website that option does not appear available anymore and I do not have it in writing.

Anyone know?

Background: Did not have a kid on the way when I placed the reservation, and now do, so financial situation has changed. But it was always the plan to essentially share it with the family.
Sponsored

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just your address needs to match I think. It said transferable to another person in same household

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way to transfer a reservation to another owner. The thing you read was about dealer penalty's for not selling to name that reserved it. They did mention within household being an acceptable excuse, for names not matching, but you'd need to get your dealers blessing on it, and still would be reserved under your name/email in the system.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you are referring to the email sent to dealerships about the reservation process and converting orders. Let me see if I can find it.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can only transfer your reservation to another person living in your same household. That's the way it always has been.

Your Dad could move in with you. I'm sure he'd be a big help with the kid as well.

Sponsored