First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 GT3RS, E30 M3, Land Cruiser, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is there a process to give up, or transfer our reservation to another buyer?
I have both a First Edition and an Outer Banks (reserved in the first day) that I will not be taking delivery of.
We had planned to build/buy the FE, but it looks like my wife will be taking delivery of a new Defender 110 instead.

Both reservations are from dealers in the Chattanooga, TN area.

Joe
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have both a First Edition and an Outer Banks (reserved in the first day) that I will not be taking delivery of.
We had planned to build/buy the FE, but it looks like my wife will be taking delivery of a new Defender 110 instead.

Joe
I bought 94 and 95 Defender 90s new back in the day. Was super excited for the new one, UNTIL I SAW IT. They ruined it, imo. Enjoy! :)

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

if you won't be going through with the FE purchase, I haven't seen a way to transfer it, so I believe that FE would go away or go to a dealership lot.

OP
OP
BimmerFreak

BimmerFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought 94 and 95 Defender 90s new back in the day. Was super excited for the new one, UNTIL I SAW IT. They ruined it, imo. Enjoy! :)
Have you seen them in person and actually driven one? I hated them when I saw them online, until I got to drive one. Pretty awesome rig, and to be honest; the perfect vehicle for the wife to drive to the mall or get her nails done....:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
BimmerFreak

BimmerFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
if you won't be going through with the FE purchase, I haven't seen a way to transfer it, so I believe that FE would go away or go to a dealership lot.
I understand I may not be able to officially "transfer" my reservation to another buyer.
I figured there would be a way to proceed with the ordering process, ensuring the end user has input on the specs, and then have them take delivery once it arrives at my dealer.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Joe
Yes you can cancel any time before ordering and you'll be credited your $100 within 10 days. You can do it online at myford under reservations.

Transferring a reservation to someone is prohibited.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand I may not be able to officially "transfer" my reservation to another buyer.
I figured there would be a way to proceed with the ordering process, ensuring the end user has input on the specs, and then have them take delivery once it arrives at my dealer.
In my opinion, you can still buy it, and then quickly turn around and sell it. Nothing wrong with that plan. Someone will buy it for sure, just get your money back from the taxes you will have to ultimately pay.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford allowing any transfer of reservations would delegitimize the entire process. If you’re out, you’re out. The rest of the line moves up.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone recently put their First Edition reservation up on ebay for $15k I believe it was. No idea how that turned out, but the FE reservation is definitely worth something. I know someone who basically "sold" his Ford GT reservation. For a lot more $ than a Bronco FE reservation is worth, but still. He had to buy the vehicle first and then sold it to the other guy, but he let the buyer pick out color and options etc.... Its definitely not unheard of.

OP
OP
BimmerFreak

BimmerFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Someone recently put their First Edition reservation up on ebay for $15k I believe it was. No idea how that turned out, but the FE reservation is definitely worth something. I know someone who basically "sold" his Ford GT reservation. For a lot more $ than a Bronco FE reservation is worth, but still. He had to buy the vehicle first and then sold it to the other guy, but he let the buyer pick out color and options etc.... Its definitely not unheard of.

Yeah, I'm not interested in price gouging anyone. Just want to make sure the coveted FE reservation goes to a good home.
Perhaps I will discuss a solution with the dealer to order it and let them keep it for open inventory, with an agreement to have first dibs on a future Raptorized Bronco or other cool Heritage model.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I'm not interested in price gouging anyone. Just want to make sure the coveted FE reservation goes to a good home.
Perhaps I will discuss a solution with the dealer to order it and let them keep it for open inventory, with an agreement to have first dibs on a future Raptorized Bronco or other cool Heritage model.
? Thats not price gouging, thats just letting the market bear what its worth. What do you think a dealer is going to do with an FE on their lot? Sell it for top dollar, thats what! Id keep it and add it to that sweet collection of cars you have. But do what you want! (y)

OP
OP
BimmerFreak

BimmerFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
? Thats not price gouging, thats just letting the market bear what its worth. What do you think a dealer is going to do with an FE on their lot? Sell it for top dollar, thats what! Id keep it and add it to that sweet collection of cars you have. But do what you want! (y)
I will let the second reservation go, but you're right; I may go ahead and take delivery of the FE for the time being.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Find a dealer who would sell it to you and buy it back from you with a fee to you. That wouldn't be hard to do at all. Even having to pay your outrageous sales tax in TN, it would still bring more than the amounts they'd have to incur.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cancel them! Thats 2 more broncos out of my way!

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
....Perhaps I will discuss a solution with the dealer to order it and let them keep it for open inventory,....
It’s been said a few times by dealers on this site. Any reservation turned to an order and not completed as a purchase is brings a hefty penalty against the dealer. Of corse they will sell it at profit but it’s still a failed completed order.

Just cancel, move on and enjoy your new ride.

Gamble on the what if scenarios and then Ford decides to make a second run or increase the limited numbers and the value decreases.
Sponsored